Post a random pic you took in Thailand

Sangsom

Yesterday's Hash House Harrier trail passed one of edge of Tony's house (of Tony's Gym fame). The estate is large enough you can clearly see it in satellite imagery. Click on this link to view the location, and make sure to scroll down on the left and have a look at the photos to see how the better half lives and what all those, now worthless lifetime gym memberships paid for. :default_crybaby:

Anyhoo, as we passed the property I noticed a an antenna array with strange looking objects up high. Some I believe are flood lights, but I'm curious if anyone can tell me what the globe's function and the object directly across on the supporting arm are for?

P2140058.jpg

P2140061.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Yesterday's Hash House Harrier trail passed one of edge of Tony's house (of Tony's Gym fame). The estate is large enough you can clearly see it in satellite imagery. Click on this link to view the location, and make sure to scroll down on the left and have a look at the photos to see how the better half lives and what all those, now worthless lifetime gym memberships paid for. :default_crybaby:

Anyhoo, as we passed the property I noticed a an antenna array with strange looking objects up high. Some I believe are flood lights, but I'm curious if anyone can tell me what the globe's function and the object directly across on the supporting arm are for?

P2140058.jpg

P2140061.jpg

Probably a disco light ball lol

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

but I'm curious if anyone can tell me what the globe's function and the object directly across on the supporting arm are for?

1 hour ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Perhaps a radar, monitoring ocean trafic. 

- It isn't a strong tower so there isn't much weight or wind loading on it.

- Some of the cables are badly installed so perhaps it is a temporary thing.

- There is no "supporting arm" to the globe which suggests whatever is inside is non directional because a support arm would be there to prevent lateral movement.

- Everything seems to have covers which suggests it is not hermetically sealed which suggests it is there either to protect the equipment OR protect what it is measuring. 

- I'm going for for the latter.... It is monitoring atmospheric conditions.

• Great Info 2