Post a random pic you took in Thailand

Sangsom

1 hour ago, Painter said:

Yes, these are cats, in back packs, being taken to the football.

The backpacks were put under an umbrella for shade, the owners enjoyed the game

20220326_161016.jpg

20220326_161024.jpg

20220326_161031.jpg

It must be a bit of a trend, one night in Otop a girl had a couple of small dogs in a rucksack similar to that.

14 hours ago, Painter said:

Yes, these are cats, in back packs, being taken to the football.

The backpacks were put under an umbrella for shade, the owners enjoyed the game

20220326_161016.jpg

20220326_161024.jpg

20220326_161031.jpg

Even with an umbrella for shade, that has to be extremely stressful for the cats to be kept in what is basically a hot house. Those small air holes are not enough to provide any kind of cooling ventilation. I hope the pet owners had the decency and enough intelligence to open the backpack carriers why watching the game.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Even with an umbrella for shade, that has to be extremely stressful for the cats to be kept in what is basically a hot house. Those small air holes are not enough to provide any kind of cooling ventilation. I hope the pet owners had the decency and enough intelligence to open the backpack carriers why watching the game.

I thought that it was their packed lunch for half time !!

• Haha 2

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Yessongs said:

@lazarus Everytime I see pics like this, I think how lucky I was to have been able to sit in a nice office for 38 years you know? God bless these people for doing this, much respect! And with that humidity too. 

This is a fun event. Every year people look forward to draining the reservoirs and catching fish. The coming rainy season will refill them. Then the hard work of growing rice begins again.

Most Isaan folks are used to the heat, stay covered up and hydrated. It's a friggin' furnace though in April & May...

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

This is a fun event. Every year people look forward to draining the reservoirs and catching fish. The coming rainy season will refill them. Then the hard work of growing rice begins again.

Most Isaan folks are used to the heat, stay covered up and hydrated. It's a friggin' furnace though in April & May...

Well put, especially the "furnace" bit.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

For me it is the best time of year in the village.... but if you want to see Thai girls trying to run in mud then wait until they spot an eel (pla lai) ... by f**k they'd beat most of us on the Woodbury Common assault course!

As an aside the second best time of year is in September/October when the nation holds village football competitions...Fun and serious in equal measures! 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Near hua hin

IMG_0200.JPG

Definitely not a current pic. :default_cool:

Russian Billionaire’s $793 Million Superyacht Seized By Italian Government

Andrey Melnichenko has become the latest victim of the new EU sanctions following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine after the seizure of his €530 million (AU$793 million) Sailing Yacht A off the Italian coast.

At approximately 143 metres, Sailing Yacht A is the world’s largest motor yacht; designed by Frenchman Phillippe Starck with a radical exterior that almost resembles a military ship or submarine (as opposed to your more “basic” megayacht).

Notable features include 91-metre masts, an underwater observation area and swimming pool spanning across eight decks, and a total tonnage exceeding 12,000. In other words, the boat has everything you could possibly need to ball out in the Mediterranean. Or ball out on any major body of water, for that matter.

The $793 million nautical toy is currently being stored in the city of Trieste after Italian authorities seized Melnichenko’s vessel in the Adriatic sea. Melnichenko, 50, is a successful Russian businessman who made his US$12 billion (AU$16.2 billion) fortune as a major shareholder in the fertiliser company, Eurochem. He also owns and runs SUEK, Russia’s largest coal supplier.

The European Union’s Freeze-&-Seize task force targeted Melnichenko after identifying him as a key member in the Putin administration’s financial aid. In justifying their decision, a member of the EU Council stated that Melnichenko “belongs to the most influential circle of Russian businesspeople with close connections to the Russian government.”

• Great Info 1

4 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Definitely not a current pic. :default_cool:

Russian Billionaire’s $793 Million Superyacht Seized By Italian Government

Andrey Melnichenko has become the latest victim of the new EU sanctions following Russia’s invasion of Ukraine after the seizure of his €530 million (AU$793 million) Sailing Yacht A off the Italian coast.

At approximately 143 metres, Sailing Yacht A is the world’s largest motor yacht; designed by Frenchman Phillippe Starck with a radical exterior that almost resembles a military ship or submarine (as opposed to your more “basic” megayacht).

Notable features include 91-metre masts, an underwater observation area and swimming pool spanning across eight decks, and a total tonnage exceeding 12,000. In other words, the boat has everything you could possibly need to ball out in the Mediterranean. Or ball out on any major body of water, for that matter.

The $793 million nautical toy is currently being stored in the city of Trieste after Italian authorities seized Melnichenko’s vessel in the Adriatic sea. Melnichenko, 50, is a successful Russian businessman who made his US$12 billion (AU$16.2 billion) fortune as a major shareholder in the fertiliser company, Eurochem. He also owns and runs SUEK, Russia’s largest coal supplier.

The European Union’s Freeze-&-Seize task force targeted Melnichenko after identifying him as a key member in the Putin administration’s financial aid. In justifying their decision, a member of the EU Council stated that Melnichenko “belongs to the most influential circle of Russian businesspeople with close connections to the Russian government.”

Taken about 2,3 year ago i think,up on takiab mountain,had just bought a new pocket camera and was testing the zoom,prob one of the only days i never took drone with me,the yacht was around for a few days then it sailed on,thanks for finding out this info always wondered who owned it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Soi pothole three buildings removed and three new ones going in I'm assuming bars

16514798156447.jpg

This one is going to be a restaurant. It was Pom Bar, now the small convenience store to the right has the Pom Bar sign. For those that like a plastic chair, an unstable table and cheap drinks, the store is a nice place to sit and have a couple while watching the eye candy walk by.

• Like 3