What are you listening to right now?

Krapow

12 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

One of my favorite bands of all time as well. For me, and many others, their greatest cut was "Whipping Post" on the "Live at the Filmore East" album.

This is the cut that really drove home their dual drummers innovation.

Blue Sky....    been  my favorite song since the first time I heard it.

My buddy and I would air guitar Duane and Dicky. I would do Dicky's vocals. Pure magic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

World Cup in Argentina 1978 if i remember correctly.....

Italia 90

This tune was ringing around my head even before I headed to YouTube. 44 years ago, fell in love with the world cup as school kid watching that tournament.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Italia 90

This tune was ringing around my head even before I headed to YouTube. 44 years ago, fell in love with the world cup as school kid watching that tournament.

First World Cup I remember watching.

• Thumbs Up 2

9 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

Italia 90

I remember collecting the World Cup cards , that came with bubblegum iirc 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I think this is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard, and apparently many others feel the same as it became one of the biggest selling singles in history; hard to believe that the guy who wrote the lyrics for it threw himself out of a high window some years later...

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I think this is one of the most beautiful pieces of music I have ever heard, and apparently many others feel the same as it became one of the biggest selling singles in history; hard to believe that the guy who wrote the lyrics for it threw himself out of a high window some years later...

This has been on my YouTube list for years.

Beautiful.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Love this Andrea song with his son Matteo as well.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Glasseye said:

50 years.... going strong. Man o Man I love these guys...

Glass, first concert I ever went to at Winterland, San Francisco was 1972...The Doobie Brothers. All original members Tom Johnston, Patrick Simmons, Tiran Porter, and the 2 drummers, Keith Knudsen and Michael Hossack. Dam they were good, just lit the place up and as a 17 year old, I knew they would be big and they were. 

Patrick Simmons and I have one thing in common, we BOTH went to Leigh High School in San Jose. He graduated in 1967, I was 1973. I am going to my 50th re-union this Sat, should be good. The house where it all started for them was down on 12th St, downtown, now a historical landmark in San Jose....good stuff.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/doobie-brothers-former-home-in-san-jose-proposed-for-landmark-status/2478801/

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Glass, first concert I ever went to at Winterland, San Francisco was 1972...The Doobie Brothers. All original members Tom Johnston, Patrick Simmons, Tiran Porter, and the 2 drummers, Keith Knudsen and Michael Hossack. Dam they were good, just lit the place up and as a 17 year old, I knew they would be big and they were. 

Patrick Simmons and I have one thing in common, we BOTH went to Leigh High School in San Jose. He graduated in 1967, I was 1973. I am going to my 50th re-union this Sat, should be good. The house where it all started for them was down on 12th St, downtown, now a historical landmark in San Jose....good stuff.

https://www.nbcbayarea.com/news/local/doobie-brothers-former-home-in-san-jose-proposed-for-landmark-status/2478801/

I saw them that same tour ! At the Chicago Auditorium. They were brilliant. 

It's tough to rate bands as there is so much great stuff out there and fantastic bands. But they have probably been in my top 5 for as long as I can remember.

Put the headphones on for this one. Such a well put together cranking tune !

• Thumbs Up 1