Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

3 hours ago, KWA said:

Flights and long distance buses also resuming next month so steps in the right direction.

Flight schedules are IMO the key indicator to when/if things are opening up. Of course, they can always change.... but following air schedules is probably more reliable than just about anything else.

I am am getting more concerned about the number of bars that are expecting a full on Pattaya revival.....The powers that be seem to have SE asia including Indonesia and Australia in the lockdown/ with loads of hoop jumping covid cross hairs.....

( Can a explanation be given why Mexico has almost zero restrictions? No....No one can give any explanation whatsoever as to why).....

Until all these loads and loads of complicated and expensive restrictions are 100% gone there will be no Pattaya revival.....Even if the restrictions are 100% gone, it will take a looooog time to build things up again.....

There is a hell of a lot of optimism coming from Pattaya bar owners, I see their videos every week, chirping away like birds on a sunny day...

Hell just right next door in Malaysia, just last week they all but kicked most expats out of the country by raising the financial requirements to ridiculous levels..........Sure its not Thailand but it sure is a big red flag to keep a eye on....At the least it's not a positive development for SE asia....

Hey it's good to try and keep a positive attitude but reality also has to be taken into consideration....

2 hours ago, fforest said:

I am am getting more concerned about the number of bars that are expecting a full on Pattaya revival.....The powers that be seem to have SE asia including Indonesia and Australia in the lockdown/ with loads of hoop jumping covid cross hairs.....

( Can a explanation be given why Mexico has almost zero restrictions? No....No one can give any explanation whatsoever as to why).....

Until all these loads and loads of complicated and expensive restrictions are 100% gone there will be no Pattaya revival.....Even if the restrictions are 100% gone, it will take a looooog time to build things up again.....

There is a hell of a lot of optimism coming from Pattaya bar owners, I see their videos every week, chirping away like birds on a sunny day...

Hell just right next door in Malaysia, just last week they all but kicked most expats out of the country by raising the financial requirements to ridiculous levels..........Sure its not Thailand but it sure is a big red flag to keep a eye on....At the least it's not a positive development for SE asia....

Hey it's good to try and keep a positive attitude but reality also has to be taken into consideration....

Although you may well be essentially correct in what you say about the long term effects of restrictions etc you totally devalue your post by referring to "bar owners ............. chirping away like bird"

You are ridiculing individuals who have invested in entertainment venues in Pattaya for our enjoyment and now face losing everything through absolutely no fault of their own. Some already have closed for ever and others will surely follow. Some are my friends.

What do those that remain have left if not optimism?

I do not wish to break the rules of this forum by stating what I would like to say about you. I leave that to the members imagination.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

23 minutes ago, Jambo said:

You are ridiculing individuals who have invested in entertainment venues in Pattaya for our enjoyment and now face losing everything through absolutely no fault of their own

I understand your whole post but would like to point out that they invested money to make a profit out of us, not for our enjoyment, the same as any entrepreneur in any business worldwide...

If they have lost everything I'm sorry but that is the nature of any business venture.

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, fforest said:

Have a day off from your conspiracy garbage ffs  

Each Individual Government decides which restrictions if any them implement.

To imply, as you do, repeatedly, that each Government in the world are all in cahoots to stop people going to the bar, or each and every Government in the world is ruled by some kinda cabal of overlords to do the same, is something my 5 year old would call out as being ridiculous, as she plays with her favourite pink unicorn!

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, Jambo said:

Although you may well be essentially correct in what you say about the long term effects of restrictions etc you totally devalue your post by referring to "bar owners ............. chirping away like bird"

You are ridiculing individuals who have invested in entertainment venues in Pattaya for our enjoyment and now face losing everything through absolutely no fault of their own. Some already have closed for ever and others will surely follow. Some are my friends.

What do those that remain have left if not optimism?

I do not wish to break the rules of this forum by stating what I would like to say about you. I leave that to the members imagination.

You can say whatever you like about me....Krapow has no problem telling me how stupid I am about once a day and twice on Sunday...

I feel as bad for the bar owners as you do....To fail at a business when you did nothing wrong especially when you did every thing extra right like Retox (as a example) is very very unfair..... 

I was not and am not making fun of or putting anyone down in any way....But for the bars to be wide scale successful again there is going to have to be a major shift in this covid madness, that allows normal travel again....So my main point was being overly optimistic can be dangerous too...

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Have a day off from your conspiracy garbage ffs  

Each Individual Government decides which restrictions if any them implement.

To imply, as you do, repeatedly, that each Government in the world are all in cahoots to stop people going to the bar, or each and every Government in the world is ruled by some kinda cabal of overlords to do the same, is something my 5 year old would call out as being ridiculous, as she plays with her favourite pink unicorn!

Believe whatever you want....But SE asia and Indonesia and Australia as a block have had more or less some of the harshest covid restrictions in the world....And that's a fact that can't be denied...

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I understand your whole post but would like to point out that they invested money to make a profit out of us, not for our enjoyment, the same as any entrepreneur in any business worldwide...

If they have lost everything I'm sorry but that is the nature of any business venture.

Yes and they took that business risk in a country not their own. I do not want to see any business go under but they made  that choice

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

Yes and they took that business risk in a country not their own. I do not want to see any business go under but they made  that choice

What I don't understand is how anybody "lost everything" because of Covid.

Surely that could only happen if they bought their businesses at the beginning of last year because at any other point prior to that, their business plan would show a planned return on the original investment during "normal" times.

I was self employed from 91 onwards and I have "walked away" from business because of earthquakes, SARS,political unrest and illness but at no time did I "lose everything"... that came later because I pissed all my money away enjoying myself.

32 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

What I don't understand is how anybody "lost everything" because of Covid.

Surely that could only happen if they bought their businesses at the beginning of last year because at any other point prior to that, their business plan would show a planned return on the original investment during "normal" times.

I was self employed from 91 onwards and I have "walked away" from business because of earthquakes, SARS,political unrest and illness but at no time did I "lose everything"... that came later because I pissed all my money away enjoying myself.

I would guess that many have had to keep paying rent over the last 15 months , benevolent landlords may have reduced that for some though not all .... so that will have eaten up any savings / reserves business owners may have had , if they kept staff on ready for reopening that will have also cost ...

• Thumbs Up 2

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I would guess that many have had to keep paying rent over the last 15 months , benevolent landlords may have reduced that for some though not all .... so that will have eaten up any savings / reserves business owners may have had , if they kept staff on ready for reopening that will have also cost ...

I also wonder whether they still have to pay their operating licences or have they been wavered? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Totally understand that situation... but that situation only exists if they choose that option. 

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

What's that old adage..?

"Don't invest anything in Thailand that you cannot afford to lose."

• Like 2

I watch a few vids on YT done by vloggers, some are simply a guy walking and filming, others with commentary and information.

The most shocking thing to me is the amount of "for sale" signs on premises, I have to ask, is that a sale of the business or sale of the actual premises themselves or a bit of both?.

I know a guy who pulled the plug on his business about a month after the Lockdown, he regrets letting the employees go, but maintains it was a good decision and the right one at the time. Remember this was when people, even myself, were convinced that it would be 4 or 5 months max before it was all over.

I like to see the optimism, and maybe we should embrace that, as it is encouraging and new places being opened when the time comes will be good, they will provide employment in the gaps left by those closed businesses, and also hopefully encourage more investment and custom within the area.

Those who have lost their businesses I feel bad for.  As someone with my own business, I appreciate the sinking feeling you get when doing the books and the numbers are all red instead of black, or having to lay employees off (although I don't employ anyone directly, apart from 3 family members) in the knowledge they'll be hoping they get a call in a few days time.

In the Philippines there are currently record numbers of foreclosed properties, land parcels ( called "lots" ) and equipment being sold off by the banks, but prices are increasing despite there being a surplus, which in turn indicates how much of a hammering the banks are getting.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Butch said:

I watch a few vids on YT done by vloggers, some are simply a guy walking and filming, others with commentary and information.

The most shocking thing to me is the amount of "for sale" signs on premises, I have to ask, is that a sale of the business or sale of the actual premises themselves or a bit of both?.

I know a guy who pulled the plug on his business about a month after the Lockdown, he regrets letting the employees go, but maintains it was a good decision and the right one at the time. Remember this was when people, even myself, were convinced that it would be 4 or 5 months max before it was all over.

I like to see the optimism, and maybe we should embrace that, as it is encouraging and new places being opened when the time comes will be good, they will provide employment in the gaps left by those closed businesses, and also hopefully encourage more investment and custom within the area.

Those who have lost their businesses I feel bad for.  As someone with my own business, I appreciate the sinking feeling you get when doing the books and the numbers are all red instead of black, or having to lay employees off (although I don't employ anyone directly, apart from 3 family members) in the knowledge they'll be hoping they get a call in a few days time.

In the Philippines there are currently record numbers of foreclosed properties, land parcels ( called "lots" ) and equipment being sold off by the banks, but prices are increasing despite there being a surplus, which in turn indicates how much of a hammering the banks are getting.

The thing that hasn't happened yet...... but very well could, is -     If the banks reserves get so low that they lock up. If/when that happens people better really "hold on to their horses". Because we will all be going for a long, rough ride.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, fforest said:

Mezcal

19 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

There...that looks better now doesn't it.😉

I hope it remains to be the cheapest early morning bar in Pattaya !!

Good news, confirmed today with the owner Prom Guesthouse will open tomorrow. She also told me since you're such a good customer in the early morning hours she's going to rename the place Dangleberries' Hideout. :default_cheers:

Edited by forcebwithu
made Dangleberries the possessive form
  • Haha 2