Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

56 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

The Zero Bar on Soi Buakhao and Soi 19 is now.......

20240205_224443.jpg

Downstairs toilet being built.......

20240205_223333.jpg

Smart move putting a bathroom in on the ground floor. The steps to the 2nd floor bathroom are quite steep and I imagine that put off more than a few customers from frequenting Zero Bar.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 1/15/2024 at 10:16 PM, forcebwithu said:

Quite the change from the old Prommannee. I miss the old place. It was a great place to sit and watch the comings and goings on Buakhao while sipping beer grabbed from the self-serve refrigerator.

Window being fitted to the front............

20240206_210620.jpg

• Like 4
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Painter said:

They haven't ...... have they...?

😀

LOL. They're relocating and building on the vacant land just down the soi opposite of their current location. I wish them luck, but I expect that will be a tough location to attract new customers due to the lack of passing traffic.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

26 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

LOL. They're relocating and building on the vacant land just down the soi opposite of their current location. I wish them luck, but I expect that will be a tough location to attract new customers due to the lack of passing traffic.

image.jpeg

I read that they were only moving 50m, and that plot on what's known as soi baku (there's  actually 2, one used as a carpark, and one "controlled" by Amethyst) was the only vacant land I could picture in the area. Like you, I fear the location might be difficult to attract new custom to, even if it is only 50m or so off soi buckhou. 

I'll wander up later and get some pics

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

A heads up that Nicky's will be moving not far from their current location in a month or two.

This is their chance to make the place look less like a works canteen and build a place with more character ..

Good luck to them ...!!

(Not moving to Prominee are they ...???)

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Confused 1

Nicky's believed new location....

Standing at their current door, looking accross buckhou

20240208_151241.jpg

It's 20 paces down there, where the green netting is left hand side

20240208_151313.jpg

20240208_151406.jpg

20240208_151430.jpg

Turn 180° from where I was standing, and it's 80 paces to soi 15

• Great Info 5
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Blue Streak said:

Tiny update, last night.....

20240208_223206.jpg

All that south facing glass, it's going to get brutally hot in there during the afternoon hours. The open oven in the room isn't going to help either. Their A/C is going to be working overtime to compensate.

• Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

All that south facing glass, it's going to get brutally hot in there during the afternoon hours. The open oven in the room isn't going to help either. Their A/C is going to be working overtime to compensate.

O-Well if it does not work out.....I am sure another weed shop will be happy to move in......

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Isn't that facing West (WNW)???

But you are right of course, the afternoon sun is gonna hit it at its hottest ..

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

But you are right of course, the afternoon sun is gonna hit it at its hottest ..

It's a gamble I think,  but maybe they're trying to mitigate the traffic fumes from the Soi ?.

However, yep, there's not much by the way short of an industrial type AC that's going to keep that place cool with all that glass frontage on a sunny day. Maybe some reflective film might help a bit.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

You're right of course. A lifetime of living in northern latitudes has me conditioned to think of south facing windows as being the warmest.

Also, living most of my life on the western shore of Lake Michigan has me conditioned to expecting the sun to rise over the water. Living in Pattaya I have to remind myself when referencing east and west my large body of water reference point is reversed. Kind of like reminding myself to drive on the wrong side of the road. :default_biggrin:

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1