What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

14 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

It seems that the Baht's weakness is the result of concerns about China's economic prospects... happy days!

https://thethaiger.com/news/business/thailands-baht-leads-asian-currency-downturn-amid-chinas-economic-worry

Yes, I was reading the economic news today and China is suffering from a domestic economic downturn as well as an international one. Seems the housing issues have raised their ugly head as well:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/other/china-s-deepening-housing-problems-spook-investors/ar-AA1ff73j

• Thumbs Up 2

5 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Fill yer boots HD, Wise is currently 45.16, lets hope the improvement continues 👍

Yep, I'm buying a new car so need to bring some money over. The delivery's not due until mid-October and the big uncertainty is always when and at what rate do I transfer the funds? Leave it too close to the purchase date and you may get stuck with a lousy rate, but jump the gun and you may be getting what you think is a good rate today, but which may seem fairly poor a few weeks from now. Anyway, I decided that 44.65 net of the TW fees was good enough for me, so I moved £10K over here. I already have the equivalent of £15K sitting in the bank doing nothing, so I only need another £5K or so. Of course, if the pound hits 47 Baht in September I'll end up kicking myself, lol.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I changed £500 at TT Exchange the day before I went home, July 17 at 45bt per GBP. Looked like a good deal when the rate dropped to around 42, wished I changed more.

If the rate is higher when I arrive in September I will be pleased.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Yep, I'm buying a new car so need to bring some money over. The delivery's not due until mid-October and the big uncertainty is always when and at what rate do I transfer the funds? Leave it too close to the purchase date and you may get stuck with a lousy rate, but jump the gun and you may be getting what you think is a good rate today, but which may seem fairly poor a few weeks from now. Anyway, I decided that 44.65 net of the TW fees was good enough for me, so I moved £10K over here. I already have the equivalent of £15K sitting in the bank doing nothing, so I only need another £5K or so. Of course, if the pound hits 47 Baht in September I'll end up kicking myself, lol.

Its always a game of chance TB, sometimes you get it right, sometimes you get it wrong. I always seem to get it wrong 😢

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Its always a game of chance TB, sometimes you get it right, sometimes you get it wrong. I always seem to get it wrong 😢

19 hours ago, SteveBC said:

You're not alone there Mr. Pump...........

Then send a big wad now, it's easy peasy me thinks!

• Haha 1