What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

Kinda steady around the 44, up a little, down a little. The £ hasn't really moved at all since the interest rate rise yesterday.

I've already transferred my spending money via Wise, though have to pay for 2 or 3 hotels on arrival in Baht, so still impacts me a bit going forward.

• Like 2

I always find it sods law, that when I am not there the rate goes up, then its gone back down again when I arrive or during. 

45 would do nicely if it stays that way for a good while. That extra 5 baht on the pound does make a considerable difference on each hundred quid changed up. 

50 would be even nicer but can't see it getting that good  

Let's hope the trend continues 

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

UK - Baht, 45.03 on Wise at the mo :default_good:

Saw on Xe.com it hit 45.15 an hour ago. I just Ed logged on wise and they are offering 45.09 for the next 2 hours 

• Thumbs Up 1

Great!

In Thailand in 3 weeks.

Has to be the Baht weakening for whatever reason, as the £ is at best steady, even lower against Dollar, Euro etc this morning.

It was 45 on Wise yesterday as well, i had set an 'alert' on it to get an email if it hit 45, which i duly got when on my way to the gym about 5.30pm yesterday.

• Thumbs Up 2

13 hours ago, Krapow said:

Great!

In Thailand in 3 weeks.

Has to be the Baht weakening for whatever reason, as the £ is at best steady, even lower against Dollar, Euro etc this morning.

It was 45 on Wise yesterday as well, i had set an 'alert' on it to get an email if it hit 45, which i duly got when on my way to the gym about 5.30pm yesterday.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/business/2601153/thai-baht-at-7-month-low-on-political-uncertainty-equities-mixed

• Great Info 1

On 6/21/2023 at 12:22 PM, boydeste said:

The problem we see so many times is that as soon as the pound strengthens too much, the Baht gets adjusted to bring it back down again.

I will be surprised if they let it get over 45 before doing this.

There ya go, pinged 45 so they are bringing it back down again.  Just like clockwork!

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2