What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

UK 44.47 on Wise for the weekend :default_party-smiley-048:

Yep, 44.189 after paying the Wise fee. That's too good to miss, I'll bring a grand or two over, if I wait for it to go up further next week then it'll probably crater again!

Wise rate 17-6-23.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/16/2023 at 3:25 PM, Stillearly said:

@Krapow might be worth topping up your Revolut card or ordering some cash for your next trip ..

IMG_5767.jpeg

On 5/16/2023 at 10:45 PM, Krapow said:

It's been round that for a while now.

Erdogan will win the run off, then it'll take another dive due to his lunatic economic policies. 

I only change about £100 before i go, then bring sterling to change there, better rate. Plus we always go All Inclusive in Turkey, so apart from diving or clothes etc, don't spend that much.

The only way they're getting rid of Erdogan is when he dies. 

Now over 30 ...

• Surprised 2

46 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Now over 30 ...

Just looked on Booking.com and the hotel prices are in EUR .... I'm not sure if this is normal, but I remember lots of better Hotels in Bali and Thailand switched their prices to USD during 1997/1998 .. 🤷‍♂️

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just looked on Booking.com and the hotel prices are in EUR .... I'm not sure if this is normal, but I remember lots of better Hotels in Bali and Thailand switched their prices to USD during 1997/1998 .. 🤷‍♂️

On Booking.Com you can choose the currency you want to see the prices in. Just click on the currency next to the language symbol. Or did I miss your point lol

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

On Booking.Com you can choose the currency you want to see the prices in. Just click on the currency next to the language symbol. Or did I miss your point lol

My setting are to always have the hotel's local currency , all the hotels in Turkey seem to default to EUR 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

42 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

My setting are to always have the hotel's local currency , all the hotels in Turkey seem to default to EUR 

You are correct and you can pick TL 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

59 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Strange how your memory gets things mixed up. I was going to say that Booking.com didn't exist in 97/98 because there was only Agoda operating then.. So I checked and I am totally wrong !!

Booking started in '96 and Agoda in 2005!!!

My excuse is that the Agencies did all the hotel/flight reservations for me then (or Company secretaries)!!!!!

Just now, Derek Dangleberries said:

Strange how your memory gets things mixed up. I was going to say that Booking.com didn't exist in 97/98 because there was only Agoda operating then.. So I checked and I am totally wrong !!

Booking started in '96 and Agoda in 2005!!!

My excuse is that the Agencies did all the hotel/flight reservations for me then (or Company secretaries)!!!!!

Owned by the same company anyway ... 😉 

think I used to use a company called Octopus back then .. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

No idea.

Our Turkey trip is a package booked with Easyjet at Xmas past, paid in £. Well, deposit paid, don't pay the rest until September. 

We rarely use Lira there, except for taxis, markets etc. We go all inclusive so don't spend much, plus the locals prefer £'s or €'s for obvious reasons.

I don't want to derail this Baht thread, but as I said at the time, when Erdoğan won the Lira would again fall. That said, he's appointed more 'conventional' economic people now, so it should steady and recover a bit I think. 

8 minutes ago, Krapow said:

So is Wise the best transfer service everyone uses going by this thread?

Might sign up and send some with the 44. Do it by Bank transfer via Wise, not by card via Wise, yea, or no difference?

Wise is cheaper than UK Banks for transfers and it usually takes seconds to get there , I pay Wise using my debit card and authorise on the app , then get a confirmation from Bangkok Bank almost immediately 

• Thumbs Up 1