What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

Sterling got a nice little boost yesterday when the flash PMI came up at 53, while the markets had been expecting 49 (a number under 50 indicates economic contraction, while over 50 represents expansion). Grab the gain while you can, before some dumbo politician or technocrat opens his mouth and starts talking the country's prospects down again.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Sterling got a nice little boost yesterday when the flash PMI came up at 53, while the markets had been expecting 49 (a number under 50 indicates economic contraction, while over 50 represents expansion). Grab the gain while you can, before some dumbo politician or technocrat opens his mouth and starts talking the country's prospects down again.

Yes, it seemed to peak at 42, then fell off again. 

1 minute ago, Binlid said:

I remember when I was disappointed to be only getting 70😄

I know Gazza, i was thinking that when typing it. When i bought my wee condo it was 68/69 to the £

If it ever got to 50 again, i'd be delighted.

Missus usually brings a Grand with her, so difference in 39000 or 41500 to her, in a few days flucuations. 

Still, month to go, could still hit 38 🤣

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

I know Gazza, i was thinking that when typing it. When i bought my wee condo it was 68/69 to the £

If it ever got to 50 again, i'd be delighted.

Missus usually brings a Grand with her, so difference in 39000 or 41500 to her, in a few days flucuations. 

Still, month to go, could still hit 38 🤣

How do the exchange rates in Krabi compare to Pattaya Derek?

9 minutes ago, Binlid said:

How do the exchange rates in Krabi compare to Pattaya Derek?

Can't really remember TBH, mate. When we were there i had already deposited all my cash in my Kasikorn and then couldn't withdraw it due to haing my Irish Passport, not the UK one i opened it with. So had to withdraw from Bank ATM's using my Credit Card, so as if it was ate, i could hopefully retrieve it easier.

That was so much fun on that trip

E5E4DDEB-1995-4004-81AF-241B8F1BDA6E.gif.fe303aa74a837f4b07bc28fbfab108c2.gif

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Me too !!!

I'm hoping for 43 once they push through the Brexit NI Protocol today (hopefully without a vote!!!) !!

Same here, mate. They've had 3 years to tell us exactly how we are going to be so much better off after Brexit, and what needs to be done to achieve it, but I'm none the wiser. It may just be a sticking plaster after Brexit, but sorting out the NI Protocol would be a useful move. At least Marie Antoinette said that the peons should eat cake; the likes of Boris, Moggy and the Vulcan seem to think we should be dining on sovereignty, which is about as filling as a diet of British tomatoes at the moment, lol.

• Like 1