What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

12 hours ago, Blue Streak said:

Tuesday 3rd Jan 2023.......20.30 hrs... Soi Buakhao. 

IMG_20230103_203608.jpg

Mr Blue Streak, can you please use the powers bestowed upon you to please have the US Dollar immediately jump to 40 baht per?  I have a " date" with some BM's in a few weeks and I want to impress them with buying them dinner LOL!  I need the extra cash.

Kao Jai Mai Krap?  😇

• Haha 4

7 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Mr Blue Streak, can you please use the powers bestowed upon you to please have the US Dollar immediately jump to 40 baht per?  I have a " date" with some BM's in a few weeks and I want to impress them with buying them dinner LOL!  I need the extra cash.

Kao Jai Mai Krap?  😇

f**k, I am staying an extra 2 nights now. Lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

The CHF is worth more than the Euro now, and it looks like it'll overtake the GBP soon, too.

It makes me wish I'd taken my full day rate in CHF when I worked in Geneva now and just left it there in a CHF account, instead of getting 60% of it paid into my Jersey account in GBP. 

On 1/12/2023 at 9:43 AM, Aqualung said:

Reluctantly had to use a Bangkok bank ATM yesterday. Got just over 38 baht to the £. 

Never accept what it offers and you'll get the Mastercard or Visa rate which is always better.  Them offering a rate is just a moneymaker for them.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 minutes ago, KWA said:

Never accept what it offers and you'll get the Mastercard or Visa rate which is always better.  Them offering a rate is just a moneymaker for them.

Thanks for the advice. 

So how do you do it using and ATM machine please? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aqualung said:

Thanks for the advice. 

So how do you do it using and ATM machine please? 

At the screen where it mentions the (poor) exchange rate and what you're going to get hit no or decline or whatever the option is and it'll revert to the regular rate.

• Thanks 2
  • Great Info 2