Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

48 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I don't think I could ever fully go vegetarian or vegan , but trying to cut back on red meat and processed foods , doing my usual dry Jan as well 

Good for you.

I'm making a fresh attempt at giving up red meat this year. Was off it from April till August, till had to go to Ireland at a few hours notice for a funeral. Being offered food and hospitality by family, your just going to eat it and be grateful- there went the read meat fast!!

Putting my dry days into every week, started on this before Xmas. Have stopped drinking at home entirely, this was my big problem in lockdowns.

Do love my real ale in a proper pub, can't give that up-  the pubs have suffered enough😄

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

I don't think I could ever fully go vegetarian or vegan , but trying to cut back on red meat and processed foods , doing my usual dry Jan as well 

I was never a big meat eater before, once or twice a week tops. Would eat more fish. So I miss that more, don't really miss meat at all. Giving up fresh dairy I found harder, especially cheese, bloody love that, but one of the benefits of giving up meat and dairy is it's far easier to keep weight down. Vegan diet is so low in fat and sugar, plus good for the heart, cholesterol, diabetes etc.. 

It's good that you are making some effort towards cutting out animal products, good for both ethical and environmental benefits,along with the obvious health ones. 

• Thumbs Up 2

My typical brekkie looking ahead....    Greek yogurt, followed by some soft boiled eggs. 

Thankfully I like all of the stuff I will be eating on this diet. Once I get this current pain situation under control I will get the workouts into gear. I should be able to keep that lard off fairly well following that. Thing about dieting is if you approach it the right way it becomes the new "normal". Keeping booze (and sugar) intake down is the key though, always will be.

new 1.jpg

new 2.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Do love my real ale in a proper pub, can't give that up.

One of the things i truly miss from the UK.

There's not much else other than castles and of course family.

But a small price to pay for my life here in Thailand.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, galenkia said:

I was never a big meat eater before, once or twice a week tops. Would eat more fish. So I miss that more, don't really miss meat at all. Giving up fresh dairy I found harder, especially cheese, bloody love that, but one of the benefits of giving up meat and dairy is it's far easier to keep weight down. Vegan diet is so low in fat and sugar, plus good for the heart, cholesterol, diabetes etc.. 

It's good that you are making some effort towards cutting out animal products, good for both ethical and environmental benefits,along with the obvious health ones. 

Why are you not still eating fish mate? Got to be a big healthy addition to any diet methinks. I Don't eat much fish or any shellfish,  so take a fish oil supplement every day.

Edited by boydeste

9 hours ago, boydeste said:

Why are you not still eating fish mate? Got to be a big healthy addition to any diet methinks. I Don't eat much fish or any shellfish,  so take a fish oil supplement every day.

Don't eat any animal products anymore that were alive once. Only dairy is milk what comes in chocolates and biscuits mainly, with the odd ice cream or pizza very occasionally. And they are just by products from animals. Don't eat eggs as they were alive. Only drink plant based milk. 

• Great Info 1

4 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Don't eat any animal products anymore that were alive once. Only dairy is milk what comes in chocolates and biscuits mainly, with the odd ice cream or pizza very occasionally. And they are just by products from animals. Don't eat eggs as they were alive. Only drink plant based milk. 

aren't commercial  eggs unfertilised ...  I guess the argument against would be the welfare of the chickens 

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Ah, got ya!

• Thumbs Up 1