Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

After an Xmas roast then seafood on Boxing Day is a nice relief....out of shot is a nice bottle of red and some of wifeys home made bangers....Thai girls have always made good bangers in my experience....👹😂

4f5c5e92-2bae-4f18-8377-6c0f1a2f6d5a.jpg

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

46 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Agreed, and it also looks cooked, which is a rarity these days !!!            ( No pun intended )

I like it in all shades, from bloody raw to dark charred. With gravy though I like it as shown in pic.

I've been craving it the past few days. I will begin looking for some discounted quality roasts the next few days. Beef has gotten so damn expensive lately.

3 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I like it in all shades, from bloody raw to dark charred. With gravy though I like it as shown in pic. I've been craving it the past few days. I will begin looking for some discounted quality roasts the next few days.
Beef has gotten so damn expensive lately.

No shit.

20211217_125525.jpg

• Surprised 1

11 hours ago, lazarus said:

No shit.

20211217_125525.jpg

Probably great quality meat, but for me that comes out to $50 CAD/KG. The most expensive advertised meat price I’ve ever seen is $66 for filet mignon/tenderloin, and that was a local spot,in small quantities. 

I guess as you say, beef has really skyrocketed in the USA. I always thought it was much cheaper than Canada. Was in the pizza business many years ago and was always told that cheese was like half price down South, but maybe that’s changed as well

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

Probably great quality meat, but for me that comes out to $50 CAD/KG. The most expensive advertised meat price I’ve ever seen is $66 for filet mignon/tenderloin, and that was a local spot,in small quantities. 
I guess as you say, beef has really skyrocketed in the USA. I always thought it was much cheaper than Canada. Was in the pizza business many years ago and was always told that cheese was like half price down South, but maybe that’s changed as well

Yeah...the best meat...rated as "Prime"...normally more expensive. Yet, the 'waste' from a rib roast (eg, bone & fat) is probably close to 50% of the pre-cooked weight.

Cheese prices have remained stable as dairy is a subsidized industry in the US. Here's a report from the Dairy Farmers of Canada:

U.S. dairy subsidies equal 73 percent of producer returns, says new report

https://www.realagriculture.com/2018/02/u-s-dairy-subsidies-equal-73-percent-of-producer-returns-says-new-report/

. . .

US Beef prices have shot up recently due to the non-competitive nature of the US market (and beyond):

Companies: dominating the market from farm to display case

https://eu.boell.org/en/2021/09/07/companies-dominating-market-farm-display-case

meatatlas2021_grafik_27a.png

• Great Info 1

From today's NY Times:

Record Beef Prices, but Ranchers Aren’t Cashing In
“You’re feeding America and going broke doing it”: After years of consolidation, four companies dominate the meatpacking industry, while many ranchers are barely hanging on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/27/business/beef-prices-cattle-ranchers.html

... The distress of American cattle ranchers represents the underside of the staggering winnings harvested by the conglomerates that dominate the meatpacking industry — Tyson Foods and Cargill, plus a pair of companies controlled by Brazilian corporate owners, National Beef Packing Company and JBS.

Since the 1980s, the four largest meatpackers have used a wave of mergers to increase their share of the market from 36 percent to 85 percent, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Their dominance has allowed them to extinguish competition and dictate prices, exploiting how federal authorities have weakened the enforcement of laws enacted a century ago to tame the excesses of the Robber Barons, say antitrust experts and advocates for the ranchers...

Edited by lazarus
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

From today's NY Times:

Record Beef Prices, but Ranchers Aren’t Cashing In
“You’re feeding America and going broke doing it”: After years of consolidation, four companies dominate the meatpacking industry, while many ranchers are barely hanging on.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/12/27/business/beef-prices-cattle-ranchers.html

... The distress of American cattle ranchers represents the underside of the staggering winnings harvested by the conglomerates that dominate the meatpacking industry — Tyson Foods and Cargill, plus a pair of companies controlled by Brazilian corporate owners, National Beef Packing Company and JBS.

Since the 1980s, the four largest meatpackers have used a wave of mergers to increase their share of the market from 36 percent to 85 percent, according to the U.S. Department of Agriculture.

Their dominance has allowed them to extinguish competition and dictate prices, exploiting how federal authorities have weakened the enforcement of laws enacted a century ago to tame the excesses of the Robber Barons, say antitrust experts and advocates for the ranchers...

Yeppir... I brought this up a couple months ago.

On 12/25/2021 at 5:12 PM, Stillearly said:

Roast Turkey , stuffing balls , pigs in blankets , roasties , sprouts, peas and cauliflower... all cooked by my own fair hand for me and Dad 

stuffing ( sausage meat , breadcrumbs , egg , garlic , bacon , Turkey livers , salt , pepper ) 

I did the washing up as well 😇

B3FA3BB3-F946-472D-B7D1-805402BE7ED5.jpeg

That looks top quality food mate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1