Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

20 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Are they proper sprouts?

I only eat frozen ones here done in the oven to give them a bit of taste. Yet another thing I'm looking forward to next year!

All of the veg is blast frozen and is just as tasty as fresh, I have tried both and quite often the frozen is better because the fresh veg is quite old by the time it hits the shelf in the supermarkets.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

27 minutes ago, boydeste said:

All of the veg is blast frozen and is just as tasty as fresh, I have tried both and quite often the frozen is better because the fresh veg is quite old by the time it hits the shelf in the supermarkets.

Read before that frozen vegetables retain more of their nutritional goodness as the fresh vegetables lose it over time. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Read before that frozen vegetables retain more of their nutritional goodness as the fresh vegetables lose it over time. 

That's exactly right, they are prepped and blast frozen so quickly after being harvested, it keeps all of the goodness.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 hours ago, galenkia said:

14 hours ago, boydeste said:

That's exactly right, they are prepped and blast frozen so quickly after being harvested, it keeps all of the goodness.

Yep, I was referring to sprouts that travelled no further than the back garden to the kitchen or from a farm half a mile away.... Luckily my sons have settled in the countryside too!

I reckon you lot would need subtitles to understand what we be talkin' about after a few pints! 

Yarb!

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Are they proper sprouts?

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yep, I was referring to sprouts that travelled no further than the back garden to the kitchen or from a farm half a mile away.... Luckily my sons have settled in the countryside too!

I reckon you lot would need subtitles to understand what we be talkin' about after a few pints! 

Yarb!

Ah, so that's what you meant by "proper sprouts"

I will log it for my crystal ball for next time. Lol

BTW I was a few pints and a bottle of red down too! :default_fun:

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Dinner at sizzlers last night.

Lots of folk rave about their salad bar but it's still not food to me.  Meat, fish, carbs fruit and even a little bit of veg is OK but salad is not worth the effort of eating.  Lettuce is just laughable as a foodstuff.

• Haha 3

28 minutes ago, galenkia said:

You've been eating well this trip mate.

I try and have at least 2 decent meals a day,on the changs now before hitting the 6 then prob something quick easy fried rice after a session,forgot about fish n chips at queen Vic Friday tho,had it last Friday wad superb,cheers. 

• Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, KWA said:

Lots of folk rave about their salad bar but it's still not food to me.  Meat, fish, carbs fruit and even a little bit of veg is OK but salad is not worth the effort of eating.  Lettuce is just laughable as a foodstuff.

Get what you're saying,I've always like salads whether for nutrition value or not,still a very good tasty value meal to have once in a while.

• Thumbs Up 2

10 minutes ago, KWA said:

55555, not a lover of lettuce either.

A few of us used to meet up at Sizzlers just for the salad bar. I forget what it cost, but was great value and good.

• Thumbs Up 4

Just now, Phantom51red said:

Get what you're saying,I've always like salads whether for nutrition value or not,still a very good tasty value meal to have once in a while.

Just read about your meal in your trip report too.  The soup is a bonus if it comes in the salad price, but I've never understood the American thing of giving you a bowl of salad as a course on it's own.  No good to anyone, even with a fancy dressing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

55555, not a lover of lettuce either.

A few of us used to meet up at Sizzlers just for the salad bar. I forget what it cost, but was great value and good.

An ex of min used to complain when I gave her the "lettuce lecture" that it took more effort to eat than it contributed in energy to your body.  Bow knows not to put it on my plate.

• Haha 3