Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, lazarus said:

Is that a tin pie plate?

No it’s cardboard , but from that angle sure looks like it huh? 

Learned that lesson at about age 10, decided to warm up some butter still in the foil. Saw a massive flame and Mom I think hit CLEAR OFF immediately. 

Crazy how cheap technology becomes Laz. I have a great memory for numbers, that microwave was $700 in 1986, but the whole  brick house & land was only $126K. Now same home is ~ $1M(Mom & Dad should worked something out during their divorce and one of them kept it) and microwaves can be had for $80! 

I’m maintaining my weight right now, but last week I had cereal 3 times late-night. Good snack, I thought I was crazy having carbs before bed, but no change on the scale. All good, so tonight I picked this box up as I thought it’s known for being healthier(was on sale too)

Well I was VERY disappointed to learn this little factoid: 

SPECIAL K HAS ZERO FIBER !!!

We all know as we age fiber is a good thing, keeps us “regular”. But to have NONE, I’m quite surprised. Back to plain oatmeal it is, I know I’ll get plenty of fiber there 

D89082B1-BF3E-4919-9BF1-737FA346C4F0.jpeg

7B878EB2-7F58-4E97-A002-21B994D17C27.jpeg

33 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

I’m maintaining my weight right now, but last week I had cereal 3 times late-night. Good snack, I thought I was crazy having carbs before bed, but no change on the scale. All good, so tonight I picked this box up as I thought it’s known for being healthier(was on sale too)

Well I was VERY disappointed to learn this little factoid: 

SPECIAL K HAS ZERO FIBER !!!

We all know as we age fiber is a good thing, keeps us “regular”. But to have NONE, I’m quite surprised. Back to plain oatmeal it is, I know I’ll get plenty of fiber there 

D89082B1-BF3E-4919-9BF1-737FA346C4F0.jpeg

7B878EB2-7F58-4E97-A002-21B994D17C27.jpeg

Give porridge a go, from experience it's one of the best foods for staving off hunger. My go to breakfast, with some fruit in there.

Takes hours to digest. Tasty too once you get used to it!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

These are Taiwanese Dan Dan noodles that were cooked by my daughter's fiance very nice Seafood mushrooms and a very rich broth along with some wide rice noodles. 

16650717893290.jpg

Had the same on my birthday walk around Montreal in May. Bloody delicious! 

2281A24D-F93F-40C7-8271-B6C027D5437B.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

That really is shocking! From memory, back in the 80s that is exactly what it is marketed as providing!

Exactly. I searched for a while last night, turns out the highest content is found in Fiber One. Problem is, everyone seems to be out of stock here in Montreal. Readily available 70 miles South of me, and I’d go in a heartbeat, but the last decade and especially since COVID, I must have a very valid reason to cross the border. No more day trips……

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Give porridge a go, from experience it's one of the best foods for staving off hunger. My go to breakfast, with some fruit in there.

Takes hours to digest. Tasty too once you get used to it!!

I was once Regional Manager for East Africa and loved my trips to Uganda. Porridge was always an option for breakfast. It came in a big pot with a table of things to add...salt, sugar, honey, various jams. strawberries, bananas and other fruits .

I have no idea if this is an urban myth or not but at the time it was said that porridge became popular in Uganda after Idi Amin declared himself King of Scotland ....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I was once Regional Manager for East Africa and loved my trips to Uganda. Porridge was always an option for breakfast. It came in a big pot with a table of things to add...salt, sugar, honey, various jams. strawberries, bananas and other fruits .

I have no idea if this is an urban myth or not but at the time it was said that porridge became popular in Uganda after Idi Amin declared himself King of Scotland ....

Great movie

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Fucking Hell I hadn't realised it was that good in there  ....just missing some peas really.

I walk passed there regularly but there is no way I'd be able to walk home after eating that !!

Perhaps I could hide the sausage in my shorts though.....

Funny thing is i asked if any veg, she said peas,,when it turned up i asked wheres the peas,,no have any left 😆,,could have done with a bit more mash,reminds me ill need to get tp beer garden for theirs.

• Haha 3

37 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Funny thing is i asked if any veg, she said peas,,when it turned up i asked wheres the peas,,no have any left 😆,,could have done with a bit more mash,reminds me ill need to get tp beer garden for theirs.

I was thinking just the same when i first saw the picture, unless the gravy jug is the size of a pint beer mug then the amount of mash looks minimal.

Give Nicky's a try Phanto, proper real mash and loads of it....I often have the braised steak in there, it comes with mash, cabbage, broccoli and carrots plus a good helping of gravy, superb.... 

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Give Nicky's a try Phanto, proper real mash and loads of it....I often have the braised steak in there, it comes with mash, cabbage, broccoli and carrots plus a good helping of gravy, superb.... 

I've only been in there once to buy a Poppy a few years ago. My impression of the place was a room with tables lined up, like a works canteen. Has it improved since then, perhaps with a little atmosphere?

I have to say though that the girls working there that I see popping in and out look delicious !!

40 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've only been in there once to buy a Poppy a few years ago. My impression of the place was a room with tables lined up, like a works canteen. Has it improved since then, perhaps with a little atmosphere?

I have to say though that the girls working there that I see popping in and out look delicious !!

It's still much the same Mr. Dangle, A bit as you say canteen like with a dash of Transport cafe in the mix.

But the food, at least for me and most of my mates in Pattaya, is good solid and satisfying fare.

Nicky the owner, a rather rotund lady normally seen sitting at the end of the bar, has been in business there for over 18 years, which is a recommendation in itself.........

Edited by SteveBC
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

It's still much the same Mr. Dangle, A bit as you say canteen like with a dash of Transport cafe in the mix.

But the food, at least for me and most of my mates in Pattaya, is good solid and satisfying fare.

Nicky the owner, a rather rotund lady normally seen sitting at the end of the bar, has been in business there for over 18 years, which is a recommendation in itself.........

If I remember correctly the first thing she did 18 years ago was clean  the windows.. !!

• Thumbs Up 1