Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Yesterday dinner was cheesy jacket potato and garlic mushrooms.

IMG_20221002_141605.jpg

I really love the strong taste of shitake mushrooms but you have given me an idea of taking thinks a little bit further .. maybe a bit of paxo stuffing, chopped fresh garlic and blue cheese as a filling then bunged in the oven for 30 minutes .....

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

42 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I really love the strong taste of shitake mushrooms but you have given me an idea of taking thinks a little bit further .. maybe a bit of paxo stuffing, chopped fresh garlic and blue cheese as a filling then bunged in the oven for 30 minutes .....

These were ready made from M&S.

Was a nice dinner 😋

• Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Pork chops are one of those things that I don't have very often. But when I do I think - damn this tastes good. 

A good quality, juicy, properly cooked pork chop is difficult to beat flavor wise.

That one looks damn tasty !

These ones from my butcher are around an inch thick, stay well juicy. 

26 minutes ago, Evil Penevil said:

The guy at the sushi counter at a mega-supermarket made this for me while I watched.  Freshness is the key to good sushi.

IMG_2862.png

IMG_2865.png

Evil

Absolutely! I’ve had quite my fair share of grocery store “sushi”, and anything older than a day,  the rice especially can  be awful

2 hours ago, Evil Penevil said:

Oct. 4 was  Canadian Thanksgiving day and I celebrated with my own turkey dinner.  To be sure, I used frozen turkey breast, but it was quite good.   And I do love stuffing, mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce!

IMG_2867.png

IMG_2871.png

Close enough…..it’s the thought that counts! We don’t make such a big deal about it here, always depended who was in town or getting together. Not many people bother cooking a whole bird unless 4+ show up

904BFB7D-C548-4661-A1A8-E9CB956194BC.jpeg

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Close enough…..it’s the thought that counts! We don’t make such a big deal about it here, always depended who was in town or getting together. Not many people bother cooking a whole bird unless 4+ show up

Oops and thanks for the correction!  I thought it was Oct. 4 based on a comment from a friend in Canada that I read too quickly.   And I agree- four people is the minimum for roasting a whole bird.  Last year I got a small 8-lb fresh turkey for Thanksgiving and there was still a lot of leftover meat even with four.

Evil

Edited by Evil Penevil