Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

43 minutes ago, john luke said:

That looks a decent piece of Salmon.  I find the supermarket frozen salmon is usually about a quarter of an inch thick.

Lidl do the economy salmon deals which are the thinner end cuts but they also do some great cuts, some also infused with quality marinades.

Bought many on their 30% reduction deals, ideal for the freezer.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, Painter said:

Saw my brother today, who begged me to take some apples from his tree.

Home made apple crumble. There was a large blob of vanilla ice cream as well, but not shown as it would melt...

And the bad news is, there's 3 more helpings....

20220907_115616.jpg

Apple crumble and ice cream is the best pudding ever,had it alot as a kid.

Mum's always make the best food.

• Like 4

English Muffins vs American English Muffins vs English Crumpets

A very generalized food purchase question here.

I am an American. Back in the states I liked having some Thomas English Muffins on hand. I really liked the taste and the craggy tops were great for spreading jam, honey, or whatever.

https://thomasbreads.com/products/english-muffins

Here in Thailand that product is not available, but I did notice an English Muffin product available on Lazada. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4-english-muffins-i3013319782-s11079243263.html?exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350205_2010350205::12:17557799160!!!!!c!!11079243263!264278322&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7Kfy-KCD-gIVfp1LBR2ImADPEAQYAiABEgKhB_D_BwE

I have bought these a few times and the taste is similar, but lacks the craggy top. I have done some internet searches on this topic, and noticed that crumpets do have the craggy top, but the recipe is different (I suspect that affects the taste) and for some reason they are only cooked on one side at tea time.

Any comments?

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I am an American. Back in the states I liked having some Thomas English Muffins on hand. I really liked the taste and the craggy tops were great for spreading jam, honey, or whatever.

Here in Thailand that product is not available, but I did notice an English Muffin product available on Lazada. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/4-english-muffins-i3013319782-s11079243263.html?exlaz=d_1:mm_150050845_51350205_2010350205::12:17557799160!!!!!c!!11079243263!264278322&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7Kfy-KCD-gIVfp1LBR2ImADPEAQYAiABEgKhB_D_BwE

I have bought these a few times and the taste is similar, but lacks the craggy top. I have done some internet searches on this topic, and noticed that crumpets do have the craggy top, but the recipe is different (I suspect that affects the taste) and for some reason they are only cooked on one side at tea time.

Any comments?

Muffins in U.K. are normally small flavoured cakes - Blueberry or Chocolate Chip are popular 

Crumpets are usually toasted and served with butter and a hot beverage, not really a breakfast thing though ....I don't think they are really popular though , it was probably over a decade or so that I last had one  .. pretty sure they are still sold in supermarkets 

Edit the only breakfast muffin I have had is the McDonalds one , but don't think it's a British thing outside of the franchise ...

we do have rolls ( Rolls, barms , cobs , baps , buns and many other names for the same thing ) for breakfast , but these are normally for savoury things - sausages , bacon , egg 

for jams , honey or marmalade we just normally have toasted bread ..

although many might disagree with everything I have posted depending on which region in the U.K. they are from ... 😉 

Edited by Stillearly
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

Any comments?

English breakfast muffins.

Second picture English crumpets.

images.jpeg

Crumpet.jpg

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, lazarus said:

lunch today: Beef Phở -- Rare Filet Mignon, Brisket, Meatballs, Thin Rice Noodles, Beef Bone Broth

20220907_130012.jpg

Since I moved back to Montreal, I hardly eat Viet anymore. Out West had it all the time, fave was pho bo vin, beef balls. Everyone wants to make a buck, but I’ve always found Viet owners and their dishes to be really cheap. In one hood in Calgary, there was a nice lady with implants, all she did was banh mi, in 2020 still didn’t accept card payment…..had a gold mine, all cash. Those sandwiches were amazing, I truly believe once someone has one, they will never eat Subway again! 

Damn, now I want some Vietnamese cuisine , but there’s no one close by……

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

Those are some good looking English muffins, very similar to the American Thomas version. Did you buy those in Thailand, and if so where please?

They are just pictures off the internet just to show the difference between them.

• Like 1

Just now, Stillearly said:

@ChiFlyer would it be worth popping into your local McDonalds and see it they will sell you a bag ... ( it is Thailand after all .. $ )  you could freeze the ones you don't want straight away .. 🤷‍♂️

I do not believe that Micky Dees has what I am looking for. I live in Thailand.