Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I am presuming that the Khao Soy is presented like that so that the customer then transfers it into the broth....But I've never understood "poshing up" street food like that, and satay, other than a reason to knock the price up.... But I'm a cynical bastard when it comes to restaurant food ...

There was no broth , the soft noodles and the beef I assume had originally been cooked that way , the sauce was just thicker ... was full of flavour though 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

2nd time in my life I’ve eaten something other than hot dogs at IKEA. Damn Inflation is real, the brekkie’s portion is definitely not a size that would have pleased the 340 pound GB. Ah well,~  £4 including the muffin, what do you want ? 

C47FAA33-2314-444C-A8F3-F05F2D9C145B.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 2

8 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've never understood "poshing up" street food like that, and satay, other than a reason to knock the price up.... But I'm a cynical bastard when it comes to restaurant food ...

You and me both.

The oversize plates and the "decoration" just brought to mind my visit a long time ago to a restaurant in London's Covent Garden to sample *Nouvelle Cuisine for the first .......... and last time!

I was served a steak about the size of a 50 pence piece in the middle of a large plate with a few vegetables to match. Much to the acute embarrassment of a work colleague who recommended the place I called for the Manager and asked him if he was having a laugh?

A bit of a scene followed. 🤣

I left the food, cash to pay for the opened wine and departed never to return.

*The Emperors New Clothes of restaurant catering for mug punters.

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 5

16 hours ago, galenkia said:

I'm well out of touch with prices, can't believe that in march it'll be eight years since I was last in Thailand.

Where does the time go?.

Wow.  It's been longer than that since I was last somewhere other than Thailand.

3 hours ago, SteveBC said:

130bt for a bottle of local lager is not exactly 'great' Mr. Lemon, unless we are talking a large bottle, but even then not a bargain.....

Not been for around BKK  6 years at a guess, can rememeber paying more than those prices in the newest Hilairy  beer bar down Soi 4 then.

My beer of choice from that list would be a beer Lao at 130 for BKK I'd think that good, maybe I was over-strectching things at "great"🙂

For me my expectations of BKK are to expect higher prices, on the way up to say London prices for drinks. I'd be happy in BKK  outside of Happy Hour to pay those prices- am I wrong?

Now those prices in Pattaya for a similair decent pool place would be a shock but I think it fair to take my comments in context of BKK where @boydeste was

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/9/2022 at 1:13 AM, Golfingboy said:

A pound of strip loin, don’t know why but I miss steak, haven’t had many the last few months. Maybe the KETO again will shock the body and get me into the 260’s……

D860D62F-DD22-43D9-96BB-68507787BCDA.jpeg

I wanted to post something but I can't as I don't want to allegedly incriminate myself while I'm still on bail.😀

• Haha 3