Shrinking Pattaya Reservoirs

forcebwithu

32 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

I wonder just how many hundreds of thousand of gallons of good water were wasted during Somgkran? It seems kind of crazy that its followed by potential drought   

No more better example of TIT methinks.

Lets hope the rains come steady and long so that no one suffers.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

No more better example of TIT methinks.

Lets hope the rains come steady and long so that no one suffers.

I think this year will be the biggest test of water sustainability since Covid Lockdown. Pattaya dodged a bullet there with the lack of tourists allowing the water to be replenished to where it is now.

Imagine what that graph would be like today had the city been full for all those years ...!!

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

25 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I think this year will be the biggest test of water sustainability since Covid Lockdown. Pattaya dodged a bullet there with the lack of tourists allowing the water to be replenished to where it is now.

Imagine what that graph would be like today had the city been full for all those years ...!!

I was thinking the same. Pic below is from April, 2019. Mabprachan was almost bone dry and the water utility was asking for voluntary water use reductions. But at the same time the city officials in their misguided attempt to be seen to be doing something about the China virus had water trucks out daily, washing down the sois. Just incredible how stupid some in positions of power can be.

49779068253_24361f4fb5_b.jpg

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

It's been too long since my last update here, so this morning got up early to get a ride in around Mabprachan before the heat of the day kicks in.

In a nutshell, last time I saw the reservoir this low at this time of year was during the drought of 2015. Sure hope rainy season is good to us this year otherwise we're probably looking at water rationing later in the year.

Correction, water levels were much worse April, 2020. Fortunately it was during the pandemic so we didn't have any pesky tourists drinking what little water remained.
image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

This morning's heavy rain won't have done a lot to refill the reservoirs, but at least it will have reduced demand for a few days. Even Pattaya City isn't daft enough to send water tanker trucks out spraying the roads in this! Well, I hope not. <doubtful>

• Haha 3

23 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Correction, water levels were much worse April, 2020. Fortunately it was during the pandemic so we didn't have any pesky tourists drinking what little water remained.
image.jpeg

I remember that period well.

well      get it ?     😛

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

This morning's heavy rain won't have done a lot to refill the reservoirs, but at least it will have reduced demand for a few days. Even Pattaya City isn't daft enough to send water tanker trucks out spraying the roads in this! Well, I hope not. <doubtful>

Lets not forget when trucks were randomly spraying (who knows what?) into the air around Pattaya to fight Covid.... O-Yea they were also randomly washing the streets to fight Covid...

Road spraying is good stuff......lol

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Lets not forget when trucks were randomly spraying (who knows what?) into the air around Pattaya to fight Covid.... O-Yea they were also randomly washing the streets to fight Covid...

It's ok the face masks save us from germs; lol.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

They forgot to hose down your toilet, which fcuked up everything.