COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

3 hours ago, roomark said:

If all goes well I'll go via Phuket in July too..

Fly into Phuket do a week there ,go elsewhere then back down to Phuket for the return.

I've still got 5k baht credit with Air Asia so flying elsewhere after the seven days at first in Phuket would be free (so to speak) for me.

I got the impression that you wouldn't be allowed to leave Phuket mate.

Only to fly home!

5 hours ago, Horizondave said:

I thought this had been talked about, I certainly have been talking with my friends about it.  The only slight difference is the need for only 7 nights as I have seen 10 nights talked about.

A friend of mine is going for about 5 months so probably go via Phuket in July and only after he has been vaccinated although he may go earlier with 7 nights in Pattaya before heading to Hua Hin.

I meant talked about on here, as it seems to mean Thailand is back accessible without Gov forced quarantine in the coming months, as long as you're vaccinated. 

3 hours ago, roomark said:

If all goes well I'll go via Phuket in July too..

Fly into Phuket do a week there ,go elsewhere then back down to Phuket for the return.

I've still got 5k baht credit with Air Asia so flying elsewhere after the seven days at first in Phuket would be free (so to speak) for me.

I assume your missus will be vaccinated the same as you due to her job?  I can  remember you posting she's a healthcare worker.

I get my 2nd jab on Wed, by wife is 42 and hasn't had any yet, thinking she'll get her first in May, 2nd sometime in July, dependant on date of 1st.

21 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I got the impression that you wouldn't be allowed to leave Phuket mate.

Only to fly home!

My reading of it from what i posted is from from July Phuket is the no quarantine sandbox programme, with the 2 ** which it shows further down is 7 days, then allowed to visit other areas in Thailand. That's what is says anyway ...

13 minutes ago, Krapow said:

My reading of it from what i posted is from from July Phuket is the no quarantine sandbox programme, with the 2 ** which it shows further down is 7 days, then allowed to visit other areas in Thailand. That's what is says anyway ...

That makes no logical sense to me at all and doubt that will be the case in reality.

BUT TIT and time will tell.

4 minutes ago, boydeste said:

That makes no logical sense to me at all and doubt that will be the case in reality.

But it's just the same as what they're doing in the other areas from Oct if vaccinated, 7 days, do tests, all okay, then you can go elsewhere and 'tracked' by the app. They're just trialling it in Phuket first. 

So it's not the case, then the whole thing from October wouldn't the case either. 

5 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Yes I think you can move on after 7 days if you have had the two jabs and are covid free mate.

• Thumbs Up 1

@Krapow She's had both jabs now (because of work)  I have my second around the 2/3rd week in May , but don't have an appointment as such , there seem to be only a few certain clinics for it though (Pfizer)

Her last one (two weeks ago now) she had no after affects whatsoever (Astra Zenica)

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

But it's just the same as what they're doing in the other areas from Oct if vaccinated, 7 days, do tests, all okay, then you can go elsewhere and 'tracked' by the app. They're just trialling it in Phuket first. 

So it's not the case, then the whole thing from October wouldn't the case either. 

I get that, but the moving on bit is what I don't see happening.

2 minutes ago, roomark said:

Yes I think you can move on after 7 days if you have had the two jabs and are covid free mate.

I hope you are right mate as I will be on that plane too, posibly not in July but October.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, roomark said:

@Krapow She's had both jabs now (because of work)  I have my second around the 2/3rd week in May , but don't have an appointment as such , there seem to be only a few certain clinics for it though (Pfizer)

Her last one (two weeks ago now) she had no after affects whatsoever (Astra Zenica)

The other stumbling block is this travel within 3 months of having your second jab, that makes no sense to me either!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

I get that, but the moving on bit is what I don't see happening.

I hope you are right mate as I will be on that plane too, posibly not in July but October.

But they're saying you can, and why wouldn't you be allowed. Vaccinated, tests done, no covid, 7 days in whatever area.

If you had it you would already be passing it, whether in Phuket, Pattaya, Samui or wherever, and they seem happy with the restrictions of only those vaccinated, tests, tracked, in one place for 7 days for them, so why would it be different for moving after 7 days, tests done.

Just now, boydeste said:

The other stumbling block is this travel within 3 months of having your second jab, that makes no sense to me either!

Nor me weird one , then again we are all meant to be having boosters again in Autumn I think? It's never ending all this.

I'm 99% sure about Phuket I'll go look again at the info.

They are giving all the Phuketonians the jabs already (I know a Thai who had his today the Chinese Sinovac) and it all depends if they have jabbed enough of them by July.

3 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Haven't read that, that would be shite if true, my 2nd on Wed.  Was thinking there might be something like that, but was thinking maybe 6 or 9 months. 

5 minutes ago, Krapow said:

If you had it you would already be passing it, whether in Phuket, Pattaya, Samui or wherever, and they seem happy with the restrictions of only those vaccinated, tests, tracked, in one place for 7 days for them, so why would it be different for moving after 7 days, tests done.

Covid can incubate for up to 10 to 14 days, so you are covid free and allowed to mix with people flying in at random times, a day before you leave you catch covid from a recent arival and test negative and be on your way spreading it to the rest of the country.

Edited by boydeste

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

Covid can incubate for up to 10 to 14 days, so you are covid free and allowed to mix with people flying in at random times, a day before you leave you catch covd from a recent arival and test negative and be on your way spreding it to the rest of the country.

Indeed, but they're already cut the current forced hotel quarantine to under 14 days, then you can go, that's at the moment, not even talking about those vaccinated. They obviously think if vaccinated then the risk would be very low, hence how they are going to do it going forward.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, roomark said:

They are giving all the Phuketonians the jabs already (I know a Thai who had his today the Chinese Sinovac) and it all depends if they have jabbed enough of them by July.

They are surveying the numbers of bar girls working in Pattaya currently assumingly for vaccine numbers. How they stop all the girls currently in the village flooding in I don't know.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, boydeste said:

They are surveying the numbers of bar girls working in Pattaya currently assumingly for vaccine numbers. How they stop all the girls currently in the village flooding in I don't know.

No idea mate...

Time will tell , but hopefully it's light at the end of the tunnel.

5 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Indeed, but they're already cut the current forced hotel quarantine to under 14 days, then you can go, that's at the moment, not even talking about those vaccinated. They obviously think if vaccinated then the risk would be very low, hence how they are going to do it going forward.

Lets see how it pans out, it is a huge step forward and if nothing else it has forced their hand to vaccinate the locals in the tourist areas first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Lets see how it pans out, it is a huge step forward and if nothing else it has forced their hand to vaccinate the locals in the tourist areas first.

No doubt that's a good thing.

If not I'm sure it will be a go sometime this year.

Life can only get better from here on in.

Yea, i'm trying not to get too 'happy' with these new 'rules' going forward. It's Thailand, it's Covid, and it's Boris. All sorts could change quick.

But that's why i had been thinking of Xmas, then thought it could get pulled by then, so decided to go October, soon as we can, if we can.  If my missus had been vaccinated by July, i'd do what @roomark is gonna do, but that's very doubtful for us. 

Checked flights earlier, Thai/Eva/BA and the stopover alrlines, lots are back offering flight, not bad prices either, about £600 direct with Thai or Eva booked direct with the airline, not a travel agent, only way i'd book now.

But, won't be booking anything for a while yet, see how this all pans out, but at least it's progress, not like last year. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Yea, i'm trying not to get too 'happy' with these new 'rules' going forward. It's Thailand, it's Covid, and it's Boris. All sorts could change quick.

But that's why i had been thinking of Xmas, then thought it could get pulled by then, so decided to go October, soon as we can, if we can.  If my missus had been vaccinated by July, i'd do what @roomark is gonna do, but that's very doubtful for us. 

Checked flights earlier, Thai/Eva/BA and the stopover alrlines, lots are back offering flight, not bad prices either, about £600 direct with Thai or Eva booked direct with the airline, not a travel agent, only way i'd book now.

But, won't be booking anything for a while yet, see how this all pans out, but at least it's progress, not like last year. 

Agreed.

To be honest, i'd like to go to Thailand, but not overly bothered one way or another.

It's my wife, her older brother died last year, her parents are in their 70's, her mum in and out of hospital, and i know she obviously wants to go see them. She doesn't want to go without me and moreso our daughter, so it's more for her i want to go, if it's doable. Don't get me wrong, i'll certainly enjoy it, i'll fit some scuba in somewhere as well, and have a couple of hotel 'vouchers' to use, but it's more for her. That said, she understands it has to be doable, and that's mostly down to the Thai Governement. 

• Like 2

Make plans by all means, but don't shell out any money that's not fully refundable as things are starting to get out of control here. Bangkok is recording 50-100 new cases most days, and that's just the ones they're picking up via contact tracing or people who feel unwell and go to a hospital. Who knows how many other cases there are in the city, but the government refuses to even acknowledge that there's a problem, let alone do something about it.

Later this week many Thais will leave Bangkok for the Songkran holiday, some of them returning to their villages and others simply fancying a few days by the beach, living it up in the bars and restaurants in Pattaya or Hua Hin. They will, no doubt, selflessly help to spread the virus around the country.

Meanwhile, in the Chonburi/Banglamung/Pattaya area, after weeks of having no cases, or just the odd one that could be traced back to an existing known case, all of a sudden we get seven new cases, mostly Japanese. Many new cases in Bangkok, as well as these Jap cases in Chonburi, are being traced back to entertainment venues. Nothing surprising there given what happened a year ago, but surely they need to do the same thing now that they did a year ago if they want to contain the spread of the virus, and start forcing people to stay at home?

I have no idea why, but the Thai government seems to have lost all interest in containing the virus. With the new scheme just kicking off to allow vaccinated foreigners to bring new and much more contagious and dangerous variants into the country, I suspect that in a few months time Thailand is either going to be looking like Brazil does at the moment, or else it will be back in a strict lockdown. Either way, you wouldn't want to go there for a holiday.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2