COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

On 3/16/2021 at 1:38 PM, Bazle said:

I think I recall reading that the quarantine proposals have to be approved by 3 different committees, all of which are meeting this week - perhaps Monday, Tuesday and Friday - so we shouldn't expect to get any decision until Friday at the earliest.

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1372784314564276226

Richard Barrow is reporting:

Some details came out of the CCSA meeting today. Initially quarantine will be reduced to 10 days on 1 April for most people and then 7 days later. Possibly no quarantine by October. But if you come from a country with a COVID variant, you may need to still do 14 days.

** 1st April Thais without VC & CFC and Foreigners without VC but with CFC = 10 days quarantine
** When ready, Thais & foreigners with VC dated more than 14 days but less than 3 months + CFC = 7 days quarantine

* VC = vaccine certificate CFC = Covid free certificate

14 minutes ago, Doug said:

I just heard that in April they only lowered it to 10 days of quarantine.  This is still not worth it for me to book for a 2 month trip.  Bummer

It's a move in the right direction though mate. The dropping to 7 days with a jab certificate should come next and that will be more of a game changer, but mass tourism won't return until most restrictions are removed methinks!

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, boydeste said:

It's a move in the right direction though mate. The dropping to 7 days with a jab certificate should come next and that will be more of a game changer, but mass tourism won't return until most restrictions are removed methinks!

Agreed this is a move in the right direction but I think they said 3.months again before they re-evaluate the situation on ASQ.  I was starting to consider the 7 day but not now if it's 10 days.

• Thumbs Up 2

28 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Yup, the 10 day isn't for me, but the 7 day may be do-able for myself by the time we get through the end of the summer.  I as many others are leaning towards no quarantine.  It isn't just that we don't have to spend any extra/lose extra days in a state quarantine facility....but all that paperwork involved.  I am a bit lazy, but as we progress through the end of the summer, I may be motivated enough to hassle with all that paperwork.

The thing that concerns me now though, is the voiced comments talking about a target date of October 1st as a possible end to quarantine days.  Assuming/knowing how things work in Thailand, I can easily see this date being pushed back to a later date.  And, if there is a surge in infection rate as we head into the winter months, this date could get pushed back even further.  

• Thumbs Up 2

I'll go back to Thailand when there are no tests or quarantine requirements, entry is with a 30-day stamp, and I can go on my way without a gov't app monitoring my movements.

IMO, proof of Covid vaccination should be enough.

Could be awhile...:default_geri:

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

I agree any improvement is welcome and hopefully by the fourth quarter things may return to some semblance to normal, but now what worries me is this BS about having to have had your vaccinations within three months of travel - what am I supposed to do if I travel in December, get vaccinated again at my own cost?? They'd better rethink this proposed requirement or I will be taking my holiday elsewhere and so, I suspect, will many others...

• Like 3

I am not just concerned about "when" we will be able to travel freely to Thailand, but what will Pattaya and other tourist towns will be like. 

How much longer can many businesses survive without regular tourists? 

There are already many closed bars which are not likely to reopen and they are vacant to let. A lot of bars and restaurants are breaking even at best or making a loss by staying open.  Then there is the restriction on closing times and will that revert back to 2pm and beyond? 

So many unknowns at the moment. I wonder whether Pattaya will ever be quite the same and may take a while to recover. 

No doubt once tourism opens up again, then there will be new bars opening up or old ones re emerging, and staff will start to return to the area, but I doubt that will happen over night. 

Personally speaking, I could handle 7 days in quarantine out of a standard 30 day entry visa, then 3 weeks in Pattaya 

28 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

I agree any improvement is welcome and hopefully by the fourth quarter things may return to some semblance to normal, but now what worries me is this BS about having to have had your vaccinations within three months of travel - what am I supposed to do if I travel in December, get vaccinated again at my own cost?? They'd better rethink this proposed requirement or I will be taking my holiday elsewhere and so, I suspect, will many others...

They always seem to throw in a hoop to jump through that doesn't make any sense. I agree, if that really is a requirement then hardly anyone will be taking up the option.

37 minutes ago, boydeste said:

They always seem to throw in a hoop to jump through that doesn't make any sense. I agree, if that really is a requirement then hardly anyone will be taking up the option.

I'm guessing it's because they haven't got a clue on the Vax protocols at the minute.

6 hours ago, lazarus said:

I'll go back to Thailand when there are no tests or quarantine requirements, entry is with a 30-day stamp, and I can go on my way without a gov't app monitoring my movements.

IMO, proof of Covid vaccination should be enough.

Could be awhile...:default_geri:

The way things are going that could be next year, 7/10 days based around if such country s don t have these new covid variants,are there any, wouldnt worry about the app tho,its still got me in london ! and states its a very safe zone...even tho i flew from manchester 2 weeks ago ! lol

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, Bazle said:

https://twitter.com/RichardBarrow/status/1372784314564276226

Richard Barrow is reporting:

Some details came out of the CCSA meeting today. Initially quarantine will be reduced to 10 days on 1 April for most people and then 7 days later. Possibly no quarantine by October. But if you come from a country with a COVID variant, you may need to still do 14 days.

** 1st April Thais without VC & CFC and Foreigners without VC but with CFC = 10 days quarantine
** When ready, Thais & foreigners with VC dated more than 14 days but less than 3 months + CFC = 7 days quarantine

* VC = vaccine certificate CFC = Covid free certificate

...would you say the CFC is the same as “Fit to Fly Certificate “ ???

https://www.thephuketnews.com/quarantine-to-lifted-for-some-tourists-from-oct-1-ccsa-79395.php?fbclid=IwAR3V1N15NF4fzn4IINvOFZlXI8R3QdN5I7_BgECynZ1HhoEatwdTyTD-4NE

“From October on, we will not have quarantine anymore, as most people will be vaccinated. However, we will ‘close observation’ which we will arrange a place to monitor. 

“We will use the measure that we call ‘bubble and seal’, such as ‘bubble areas’ in airports, ‘sealed routes’ in transport, and ‘bubble routes’ to tourists attractions and communities nearby,” he said.

Quarantine measures will begin easing from April 1, Mr Taweesilp announced, starting with the relaxation of certificates required to enter the country.

“At this stage, foreigners coming to Thailand need to have a ‘Fit to Fly’ and ‘Covid Free’ documents, but from April 1, they only need to have the ‘Covid Free’ certificate,” he said.

The easing of quarantine measures will be rolled out in phases, with the quarantine venues available reduced in stages, Mr Taweesilp said.

While no changes will be made to quarantine venues available from April through June, from July 1 through Sept 1 “ASQ, LQ, ALQ [Alternative State Quarantine, Local Quarantine and Alternative Local Quarantine] will be removed from the quarantine choice,” he said.

The activities arrivals will be allowed to enjoy will be expanded from Apr 1, Mr Taweesilp said.

“For the activities during the quarantine, in Phase 1 from April to June, foreigners can use fitness centres, do outdoor exercise, swim, ride bicycles in the control areas, and order foods or products from outside to be delivered to them. 

“In Phase 2, July to September, two more activities – having meals at the hotel restaurant and having a massage – are allowed. Those who come for a seminar or to operate a business will be allowed to join meetings in meeting rooms. 

“In Phase 3, from October on, the quarantine will be only for those coming from the risk areas set by the Ministry of Public Health,” Mr Taweesilp added.

“For the length of the quarantine Phase 1 and 2, both foreigners vaccinated and those not vaccinated will have to face only 10 days in quarantine.

“In Phase 3, there will not be quarantine in some areas where more than 70% of the population has been vaccinated. At that time, those areas can welcome foreigners from low-risk countries,” he said.

“However, those who come from the countries where there are the mutated strains of the COVID-19 virus must face the full 14-day quarantine,” 

Natapanu Nopakun, Deputy Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in the English section of the briefing explained that the mandatory 14-day has been approved to be reduced to 10 days for people coming to Thailand from countries with no cases of COVID variant strains.

People arriving from countries with the variant strains will be subjected to three RT-PCR tests while in quarantine, while those arriving from countries not recognised as having the variant strains will be subjected to two tests during their 10-day stay, he said.

“Of course, the list of countries deemed to be classified as not having COVID variant strain has yet to be determined,” he added.

Mr Natapanu was not as clear-cut as Mr Taweesilp in saying there will be no mandatory quarantine from Oct 1.

He would commit to saying only "possibly no quarantine" for people arriving from countries deemed to not have the mutated strains of the virus.

Further, the lifting of quarantine requirements would be “according to the criteria we will be setting at that time”, he said.

“It depends on the situation at that time,” he repeated.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

If I don't go in the summer then it will likely be next summer 2022 before I go back.  

I won't do a 10 day quarantine with all the hoops still to jump through, just not worth the effort for a total 5 week holiday. Won't consider a trip at Christmas or Easter as too short and too expensive with family during school holidays.

A late holiday to Europe (if possible) is likely on the cards in late August or just stay local and enjoy what the UK has to offer.

5 hours ago, Bazle said:

https://www.thephuketnews.com/quarantine-to-lifted-for-some-tourists-from-oct-1-ccsa-79395.php?fbclid=IwAR3V1N15NF4fzn4IINvOFZlXI8R3QdN5I7_BgECynZ1HhoEatwdTyTD-4NE

“From October on, we will not have quarantine anymore, as most people will be vaccinated. However, we will ‘close observation’ which we will arrange a place to monitor. 

“We will use the measure that we call ‘bubble and seal’, such as ‘bubble areas’ in airports, ‘sealed routes’ in transport, and ‘bubble routes’ to tourists attractions and communities nearby,” he said.

Quarantine measures will begin easing from April 1, Mr Taweesilp announced, starting with the relaxation of certificates required to enter the country.

“At this stage, foreigners coming to Thailand need to have a ‘Fit to Fly’ and ‘Covid Free’ documents, but from April 1, they only need to have the ‘Covid Free’ certificate,” he said.

The easing of quarantine measures will be rolled out in phases, with the quarantine venues available reduced in stages, Mr Taweesilp said.

While no changes will be made to quarantine venues available from April through June, from July 1 through Sept 1 “ASQ, LQ, ALQ [Alternative State Quarantine, Local Quarantine and Alternative Local Quarantine] will be removed from the quarantine choice,” he said.

The activities arrivals will be allowed to enjoy will be expanded from Apr 1, Mr Taweesilp said.

“For the activities during the quarantine, in Phase 1 from April to June, foreigners can use fitness centres, do outdoor exercise, swim, ride bicycles in the control areas, and order foods or products from outside to be delivered to them. 

“In Phase 2, July to September, two more activities – having meals at the hotel restaurant and having a massage – are allowed. Those who come for a seminar or to operate a business will be allowed to join meetings in meeting rooms. 

“In Phase 3, from October on, the quarantine will be only for those coming from the risk areas set by the Ministry of Public Health,” Mr Taweesilp added.

“For the length of the quarantine Phase 1 and 2, both foreigners vaccinated and those not vaccinated will have to face only 10 days in quarantine.

“In Phase 3, there will not be quarantine in some areas where more than 70% of the population has been vaccinated. At that time, those areas can welcome foreigners from low-risk countries,” he said.

“However, those who come from the countries where there are the mutated strains of the COVID-19 virus must face the full 14-day quarantine,” 

Natapanu Nopakun, Deputy Spokesperson for the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, in the English section of the briefing explained that the mandatory 14-day has been approved to be reduced to 10 days for people coming to Thailand from countries with no cases of COVID variant strains.

People arriving from countries with the variant strains will be subjected to three RT-PCR tests while in quarantine, while those arriving from countries not recognised as having the variant strains will be subjected to two tests during their 10-day stay, he said.

“Of course, the list of countries deemed to be classified as not having COVID variant strain has yet to be determined,” he added.

Mr Natapanu was not as clear-cut as Mr Taweesilp in saying there will be no mandatory quarantine from Oct 1.

He would commit to saying only "possibly no quarantine" for people arriving from countries deemed to not have the mutated strains of the virus.

Further, the lifting of quarantine requirements would be “according to the criteria we will be setting at that time”, he said.

“It depends on the situation at that time,” he repeated.

More holes in that than a Swiss cheese!!! 

Just about every country in the Western World has some amount of different COVID strains! No Quarantine free travel for us Whitey's until at least 1st January 2021!!!

8 hours ago, Sherlock said:

More holes in that than a Swiss cheese!!! 

Just about every country in the Western World has some amount of different COVID strains! No Quarantine free travel for us Whitey's until at least 1st January 2021!!!

You mean 1 January 2022, don't you? Hope your wrong, mate. I'm hoping by October this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

23 hours ago, maipenrai said:

My back up plan is the Dom Rep. Cheaper flight, drinks, girls. A superior beach. Pattaya wins in numbers of venues and cheaper hotels as well as the overall numbers of mates I know who would travel there at that time of the year. A lot of drinking sessions to get caught up with everybody.

Plus.....having all those massage shops to go to. Miss those mak mak.

Thailand's first big batch of relatively restrictions free tourists? :default_ball: 

China says vaccine drive now 'quickest in the world

China hopes to vaccinate 40% of its 1.4 billion population by the end of June - about 560 million vaccinations in just over three months.

So it’s been stepping up its production and distribution of vaccines in recent days, with headlines today proclaiming its vaccination campaign is now the “quickest in the world”.

The official Xinhua says China now has capacity to produce five million vaccine doses a day - while the Global Times newspaper says that within the past week, daily inoculations have leapt “from one million to nearly three million”.

So far, 82.8 million people have received jabs, with China currently focusing on vaccinating people within the ages of 18 and 59.

It is gradually opening up vaccination to over-60s - and yesterday it was reported clinical trials on children were showing “safe and effective” results with the Sinovac vaccine.

Officials have noted it is “still under discussion” what form vaccination should take for these age groups but one of China’s vaccine producers, CanSino, has hopes an inhalation device may provide the answer.

CanSino says it has gained approval to begin clinical trials with an “inhaled vaccine” and says this could prove a “less painful and more accessible” vaccine “especially to children and vulnerable people”