COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

18 hours ago, Bazle said:

To quote the article: Health Minister Anutin Charnvirankul said on Monday.

I would expect a Minister to speak for the government. It's not like TAT, or a Covid advisory board, or the Phuket local government.

I think I have that wrong. Sorry!

This is what is in Pattaya News today:

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health has agreed to reduce the quarantine for vaccinated foreign travelers to 7 days if the visitor provides a verified and legitimate vaccination certificate, and 10 days, if tested negative for Covid-19 but without a legitimate certificate.

However, the exact details of what qualifies as a “legitimate vaccine certificate” are not yet clear and the plan needs approval from both the Center for Covid-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) and the Thai Cabinet before becoming official. 

5 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Had to laugh at that, they're not even going to start mass vaccination until mid-year, and so far they've jabbed fewer people in total than the UK does in one hour. Clickbait.

Prayut will do anything to get of taking the vaccine, this is the 2nd time he had been due it :default_biggrin:

7 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

About time that the Western powers did something along these lines, they've been letting Russia and China walk away with the vaccine diplomacy race.

The EU roll out has been such a shambles, some countries have started getting them off Russia and China outside of the EU official route, and before the EU has cleared the vaccines.

11 hours ago, Krapow said:

The EU roll out has been such a shambles, some countries have started getting them off Russia and China outside of the EU official route, and before the EU has cleared the vaccines.

The fuckers need to get their acts together, the German company my first fishing holiday this year was with have just canceeld my May trip and flipped it to next year. Those big carp are going to get away with it for a second year ffs. :default_1087:

• Sad 1

Sounds like some failed leadership among the EU countries that will delay the roll out for it's citizens. And China, in part, looks to be in line to clean up as a result.

The summers aren't that long in Northern Europe, and any delay in getting shots into people's arms, will only result in another missed out summer of activities for millions of people who have suffered enough from lock downs and staying home staring at their 4 walls.

Hope you guys have a better situation on this vaccine implementation soon.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Sounds like some failed leadership among the EU countries that will delay the roll out for it's citizens. And China, in part, looks to be in line to clean up as a result.

The summers aren't that long in Northern Europe, and any delay in getting shots into people's arms, will only result in another missed out summer of activities for millions of people who have suffered enough from lock downs and staying home staring at their 4 walls.

Hope you guys have a better situation on this vaccine implementation soon.

EU prick leaders aren't fit for purpose ..

Makes me so glad in this case we aren't part of that bullshit anymore.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

They keep on shooting themselves in the foot. The French were already one of the most reluctant people in the world when it came to accepting the vaccine, surveys last year showed that only 40% of them were keen to get it. Then their grandstanding idiot of a president started saying unfounded and incorrect things about the efficacy of the AZ vaccine, which understandably reinforced vaccine reluctance in his own country but also managed to spread it to several other countries. While this unforgivable fiasco was going on, the EU was threatening the UK for withholding vaccine shots and ingredients for making vaccines, an allegation later proven to be as untrue as Macron's silly statements, while his nonsense had infected the German public so that large amounts of the AZ vaccine are sitting in storage as people refuse to take it. And that's not just the bratwurst munching, beer swilling peasantry, it includes the Chancellor herself, who as a trained scientist should have known far better.

It's unbelievable, you couldn't make it up. It reminds me of the Woody Allen joke about two old Jewish ladies in a restaurant saying, "I hate it here, the food's terrible, and the portions are tiny."

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 3/14/2021 at 3:04 AM, Toy Boy said:

They keep on shooting themselves in the foot. The French were already one of the most reluctant people in the world when it came to accepting the vaccine, surveys last year showed that only 40% of them were keen to get it. Then their grandstanding idiot of a president started saying unfounded and incorrect things about the efficacy of the AZ vaccine, which understandably reinforced vaccine reluctance in his own country but also managed to spread it to several other countries. While this unforgivable fiasco was going on, the EU was threatening the UK for withholding vaccine shots and ingredients for making vaccines, an allegation later proven to be as untrue as Macron's silly statements, while his nonsense had infected the German public so that large amounts of the AZ vaccine are sitting in storage as people refuse to take it. And that's not just the bratwurst munching, beer swilling peasantry, it includes the Chancellor herself, who as a trained scientist should have known far better.

It's unbelievable, you couldn't make it up. It reminds me of the Woody Allen joke about two old Jewish ladies in a restaurant saying, "I hate it here, the food's terrible, and the portions are tiny."

Interestingly, I just heard that whilst some countries have stopped the AZ vaccine roll out the French and Germans are upping theirs!

From Britain's New Scientist magazine web-site:

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2237475-covid-19-news-astrazeneca-vaccine-not-linked-to-blood-clots-says-who/

The above may be behind a paywall, so here's an extract from the article

"
Covid-19 news: AstraZeneca vaccine not linked to blood clots, says WHO

The latest coronavirus news updated every day including coronavirus cases, the latest news, features and interviews from New Scientist and essential information about the covid-19 pandemic
Health 12 March 2021

By Michael Le Page , Clare Wilson , Jessica Hamzelou , Sam Wong , Graham Lawton , Adam Vaughan , Conrad Quilty-Harper and Layal Liverpool
New Scientist Default Image

Latest coronavirus news as of 5pm on 12 March

Countries should continue using Oxford/AstraZeneca covid-19 vaccine, says WHO

The World Health Organization (WHO) has said there is no evidence that the Oxford/AstraZeneca covid-19 vaccine causes blood clots and is urging countries to continue using it. “It’s very important to understand that, yes, we should continue to be using the AstraZeneca vaccine,” said Margaret Harris, a WHO spokesperson, at a briefing on 12 March. The WHO’s global advisory committee on vaccine safety is reviewing reports of blood clots in some people who received the Oxford/AstraZeneca vaccine. A number of countries, including Denmark, Norway and Iceland, have suspended its use as a precautionary measure, while Thailand has delayed its rollout of the vaccine, originally scheduled to begin on 12 March. There have been 30 cases of blood clots among the 5 million people in the European Union who have received the vaccine as of 11 March, according to the European Medicines Agency (EMA).

More than 11 million doses of the Oxford/AstraZeneca covid-19 vaccine have been administered in the UK so far, said Phil Bryan, MHRA vaccines safety lead, in a statement, adding: “Reports of blood clots received so far are not greater than the number that would have occurred naturally in the population.” The UK’s Medicines and Healthcare products Regulatory Agency (MHRA) said people in the UK should still go and get their covid-19 vaccine when asked to do so. “There is currently no indication that vaccination has caused these conditions,” the EMA said.

Harris said WHO data shows that more than 268 million doses of covid-19 vaccines have been administered worldwide and no deaths have been found to have been caused by them.

"

• Like 1

On 3/14/2021 at 2:04 PM, Toy Boy said:

the EU was threatening the UK for withholding vaccine shots and ingredients for making vaccines,

The EU at Italy's insistence HAS blocked shipments of AstraZeneca vaccine to Australia - even in the face of resistance by a significant group of the EU population to having the vaccine.

We are producing the bulk of our own AstraZeneca vaccine in Australia under licence and the initial shipments that were blocked were to help to get the ball rolling.

I'm aware of the tragic ongoing death rates in Italy but the unused and apparently unwanted supplies of AstraZeneca within the EU raises questions, including ones of 'consistency'.

20 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I heard Thailand were going to start the AZ vaccine rollout again. Don't know how true that is.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/03/15/thai-prime-minister-and-cabinet-ministers-confirmed-to-proceed-with-astrazeneca-covid-19-inoculation-tomorrow-following-sudden-postponement-last-friday/

Thai Prime Minister and cabinet ministers confirmed to proceed with AstraZeneca Covid-19 inoculation tomorrow, following sudden postponement last Friday

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

Haven't seen any updates/latest info about reducing the quarantine period.  Thought I read that there would be a meeting to consider new quarantine measures on the 15th March but seems all quiet with little comment except the usual requests from Phuket to open up sooner than October.

Any good updates out there or is the 14 day quarantine still the only word on the street.

27 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Haven't seen any updates/latest info about reducing the quarantine period.  Thought I read that there would be a meeting to consider new quarantine measures on the 15th March but seems all quiet with little comment except the usual requests from Phuket to open up sooner than October.

Any good updates out there or is the 14 day quarantine still the only word on the street.

I think I recall reading that the quarantine proposals have to be approved by 3 different committees, all of which are meeting this week - perhaps Monday, Tuesday and Friday - so we shouldn't expect to get any decision until Friday at the earliest.

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

I heard Thailand were going to start the AZ vaccine rollout again. Don't know how true that is.

16 hours ago, Krapow said:

Thailand restarts the AstraZeneca/Oxford vaccine tomorrow (Tuesday)

Done, already!

THAI_PM.jpg

• Like 1