COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

22 hours ago, lazarus said:

Hard to know who will have lasting symptoms..."long Covid"...there does not appear to be a definite pattern.

For many sufferers of long Covid, proving they are sick is a big part of the battle
https://edition.cnn.com/2021/04/11/health/coronavirus-long-covid-intl/index.html

...& yeah...hope Ms. Yoyo is ok...she's entertaining (for an old girl).

164084672_4209932842384234_1371835359207742470_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/yoyossavadee

She's influenced me ...

.. whatever that means ....???

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Krapow said:

Hua Hin back into lockdown?

Not quite,bars been closed since friday[the day i came back from islands !],kids play areas,water parks,cinemas,gyms,some other places closed from today.

Place is dead,had a walk through bintibhat and walking street yesterday,depressing,massage shops still open tho :)

Drove through to cha am 2 days ago,was absolutely heaving ! 1000s of thais holidaying there at the moment which is kinda the usual anyway for this time of year,the place that covid forgot.

Pak nam pran yesterday,disappointed to see very good restaraunt has been flattened along with the few massage shops and 2 bars next to it on beach road,further along khao khalok small bar area has gone,was rubbish before covid,that area was busy with thais on holiday aswell,same sam roi yod beach area busy with thais yesterday.

Looks like many of the falalng owned bars and eating places in hua hin are up for sale or rent,including some of the bigger ones that run along the hilton soi,bar area outside hilton,pizza places,even some indian tailors closed ! some still open... suit sir,all the good thai eaterys still open,even noticed some new ones have opened.

Hilton is busy with thai familys,beach area has been busy past few days,suspect after the 15th/16th it ll be a ghost town again.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 3

3 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Not quite,bars been closed since friday[the day i came back from islands !],kids play areas,water parks,cinemas,some other places closed from today.

Place is dead,had a walk through bintibhat and walking street yesterday,depressing,massage shops still open tho 🙂

Drove through to cha am 2 days ago,was absolutely heaving ! 1000s of thais holidaying there at the moment which is kinda the usual anyway for this time of year,the place that covid forgot.

Pak nam pran yesterday,disappointed to see very good restaraunt has been flattened along with the few massage shops and 2 bars next to it on beach road,further along khao khalok small bar area has gone,was rubbish before covid,that area was busy with thais on holiday aswell,same sam roi yod beach area busy with thais yesterday.

Looks like many of the falalng owned bars and eating places in hua hin are up for sale or rent,including some of the bigger ones that run along the hilton soi,bar area outside hilton,pizza places,even some indian tailors closed ! some still open... suit sir,all the good thai eaterys still open,even noticed some new ones have opened.

Hilton is busy with thai familys,beach area has been busy past few days,suspect after the 15th/16th it ll be a ghost town again.

Really sad news that 'Very Good' is closed, I had some awesome meals there. I used to just drive there just to get a good meal. Their seabass in black bean sauce was amazing.

Really sad.

6 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Really sad news that 'Very Good' is closed, I had some awesome meals there. I used to just drive there just to get a good meal. Their seabass in black bean sauce was amazing.

Really sad.

That was partly main reason we went yesterday,i was really looking forward to some western grub 😞 , chicken salad or burgers and chips were great value,dorve past it at first and thpught where the hell is it ! ,,couldnt believe it,not a trace,they have planted trees in place.

If you remember the big sheraton on beach front not far from very good,that is closed and an empty shell now.

One postive i suppose is that some of the hotels are doing great deals,the pattawia resort is 890 bht at the moment stayed there before at 1400 bht,buchaus resort 500 bht used to be about 1200,,bloody golden pine where we usually stay is same price tho 😞

Edited by Phantom51red

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

That was partly main reason we went yesterday,i was really looking forward to some western grub 😞 , chicken salad or burgers and chips were great value,dorve past it at first and thpught where the hell is it ! ,,couldnt believe it,not a trace,they have planted trees in place.

If you remember the big sheraton on beach front not far from very good,that is closed and an empty shell now.

One postive i suppose is that some of the hotels are doing great deals,the pattawia resort is 890 bht at the moment stayed there before at 1400 bht,buchaus resort 500 bht used to be about 1200,,bloody golden pine where we usually stay is same price tho 😞

Used to also drink at the Evason but looking online I keep coming up with the Blue Lotus so maybe changed it's name.

Always thought the Sheraton was in the wrong place but certainly couldn't have afforded that resort. Sad though to see the closures.

Just liked the whole area although never really used the beach. They did a good job of creating a good promenade and it was also a nice stop after driving to Sam Roi Yot.

My wife is really sad Very Good is closed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Used to also drink at the Evason but looking online I keep coming up with the Blue Lotus so maybe changed it's name.

Always thought the Sheraton was in the wrong place but certainly couldn't have afforded that resort. Sad though to see the closures.

Just liked the whole area although never really used the beach. They did a good job of creating a good promenade and it was also a nice stop after driving to Sam Roi Yot.

My wife is really sad Very Good is closed.

Great promenade it is,like when they have the weekend food stalls and to sit and chill across from the music bar where many do the same.

One of the sois thats runs from beach road up to the main town road,used to feed the dogs on the wasteland there,i noticed a new restaraunt being built,almost finished,its pretty big,i hope its very good,might venture back in a week or so,probably anpther bloody hotpot place tho lol.

• Thumbs Up 1

Are the gogo's really closed? A guy renting a house in the street where I live is a part-owner in one of the LK Metro gogo's. Normally, he leaves for the bar in the early evening and doesn't come back until the wee hours of the morning. During past bar closures, he's reverted to living more or less normal hours, but this last week I notice that he's still keeping the same gogo bar hours. Something's keeping him out until very late, anyway.

20 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Are the gogo's really closed? A guy renting a house in the street where I live is a part-owner in one of the LK Metro gogo's. Normally, he leaves for the bar in the early evening and doesn't come back until the wee hours of the morning. During past bar closures, he's reverted to living more or less normal hours, but this last week I notice that he's still keeping the same gogo bar hours. Something's keeping him out until very late, anyway.

Don't know about the gogo's, but there are a few other places that you have to buzz to get in that are opening on the sly. Perhaps he's using the downtime from running his gogo to enjoy a few drinks at these places.

As an aside, won't name the place, but one such place I saw the BIB entering last night around 7:30.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Don't know about the gogo's, but there are a few other places that you have to buzz to get in that are opening on the sly. Perhaps he's using the downtime from running his gogo to enjoy a few drinks at these places.

As an aside, won't name the place, but one such place I saw the BIB entering last night around 7:30.

There's a new hotel built next door to the village where I live. As soon as the Chonburi governor ordered all hotels to close a few months ago (at the hotel owners' request so that the government would pay their staff salaries) he closed the place down, switched all the floodlights off as well as the big, illuminated hotel name signs. Over the following weeks, I noticed that one or more rooms often had a light on, so somebody must have been staying there. Since Songkran started, the place has been packed out, but still there are no lights on illuminating or advertising the hotel, so officially it must still be closed and the guy's just ripping the government off. Is this a common practice around town, or are most places being honest and are properly open again?

37 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

There's a new hotel built next door to the village where I live. As soon as the Chonburi governor ordered all hotels to close a few months ago (at the hotel owners' request so that the government would pay their staff salaries) he closed the place down, switched all the floodlights off as well as the big, illuminated hotel name signs. Over the following weeks, I noticed that one or more rooms often had a light on, so somebody must have been staying there. Since Songkran started, the place has been packed out, but still there are no lights on illuminating or advertising the hotel, so officially it must still be closed and the guy's just ripping the government off. Is this a common practice around town, or are most places being honest and are properly open again?

I've not noticed. I doubt it though as the hotels that are closed the ground floor entrances are locked up and you can tell by the accumulation of debris not many have passed through the doors, even if opened on the sly.

• Like 1

Schools to remain closed after the Songkran break.

TV briefing (in English) from CCSA at 6:00pm with latest control measures.

I'm expecting restaurants to stop serving drinks and to close early.

https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30404944

"Bangkok Governor Pol General Aswin Kwanmuang on Thursday said that people who visited their hometowns during the Songkran holidays and were now returning to Bangkok should perform Covid-19 self-evaluation via the website: http://bkkcovid19.bangkok.go.th/.

“This platform has been set up to help prevent the spread of the outbreak by providing necessary information for disease tracing by health officials,” he said.

“It is easy to use. People need to scan a QR code to verify themselves, and input their personal data and travel history. The system will calculate the risk level for each person and give instructions on the steps to follow. People who have low risk will be told to self-quarantine for 14 days, while those who have high risk will be visited by health officials who will perform a swab test free of charge."

Do you suppose many people will actually do this? If I was a labourer who'd just returned from Isaan and depended on every day's pay to get by, no way would I go near it.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Looks like the swimming pools will be closed again, for a few weeks at least.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/04/17/chonburi-province-releases-provincial-orders-lots-of-additional-covid-19-closures-and-restrictions-implemented-starting-april-18th-2021/

The article isn't conclusive about the beaches, but somebody on Thai Visa said that a deck chair vendor had told him they'd been ordered to close for two weeks.

Covid outbreak closes Ayutthaya shrimp market

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... imp-market

AYUTTHAYA: The Central Shrimp Market in Ayutthaya has been ordered closed until Sunday after at least 17 people were believed to have contracted Covid-19 from people working there.

Health officials will conduct coronavirus tests at the market on Sunday, targeting some 300 people who work there. All shops and stalls there will be closed for the day, said the provincial administration organisation, which supervises the site.

Several trucks were deployed on Saturday to spray disinfectant at the shrimp market, which covers more than 10 rai in tambon Hantra of Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya district, said Chatchai Kittichai, leader of the Ayutthaya volunteer team.

Local authorities and operators of more than 100 shops sought help from the team to clean up the market and spray disinfectant, he said.... (Continued at link)

On 4/16/2021 at 7:37 PM, mrcharliemofo said:

The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.

Sums it all up nicely.

Sums up my years of playing golf.

Or more particularly, trying to ...............................!

• Haha 1

Thailand's luck is running out.

ICU beds filling up as Covid infections surge
Bangkok could run out in one week

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2104475/icu-beds-filling-up-as-covid-infections-surge

The Public Health Ministry is racing to increase the number of intensive care beds for Covid-19 patients as the rate of infection soars, with ICU units filling up.

Taweesilp Visanuyothin, spokesman for the Centre for Covid-19 Situation Administration, said on Friday that Bangkok had 262 beds in intensive care units, and 69 of them were unoccupied.

If Covid infections continued to rise by 1,500 a day, all ICU beds in Bangkok would be occupied in 6-8 days.

"The one-week bed reserve is considered to be insufficient. Bangkok has very little time left," the spokesman said, after announcing 2,070 new Covid-19 cases confirmed in the previous 24 hours...

• Like 1