COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

4 hours ago, KWA said:

Nearly 420 hotels have applied for/received the SHA Plus accreditation needed to re-open on July 1st.

That is going to be about 415 too many.

Who in their right mind would book a flight now to Phuket in July based on the current uncertaincy?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, KWA said:

Nearly 420 hotels have applied for/received the SHA Plus accreditation needed to re-open on July 1st.

Excellent news, so each tourist should have about 10 hotels to himself, on average, lol!

16 hours ago, Jambo said:

Who in their right mind would book a flight now to Phuket in July based on the current uncertaincy?

You're right about that. The only thing certain is the idiots in charge reverse their decisions, sometimes in a matter of hours. The latest being...

Central COVID-19 Center calls off Bangkok City Hall's permission to reopen parks, museums and spas

By Time Out Bangkok editors 

UPDATE: At 19:30 on May 31, Center for COVID-19 Situation Administration (CCSA) released another announcement to call off the reopening permission (see below), and has ordered the five types of venues to remain closed for another 14 days.  

After lifting the dine-in ban for around two weeks, Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA), today, has decided to allow the reopening of five other types of venues from tomorrow (June 1), yet under strict measures.

The opening venues are:

• Museums of all types, art spaces and galleries, learning centers.
  • Tattoo and nail salons - will be open under strict measures. Tattoo and nail salons that have found new cases will have to shut their doors for 14 days to sanitize the venue. 
  • Beauty clinics
  • Spas and massage places
  • Public parks - will be open without all mass gatherings, group meet-ups, and food and drink consumption except drinking water.

Other venues not stated above, including bars and sports venues, will remain closed.

At the time of writing, the government hasn't released any shutdown relief.

20 hours ago, Jambo said:

19 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Excellent news, so each tourist should have about 10 hotels to himself, on average, lol!

I agree, and can't see it being a rip roaring success, but happy they're giving it a shot and may well use it as an alternative to the 2 weeks ASQ/ALQ if it ever beds in.

The post was more to say that it's just not true to say no hotels are open.

It took me six days from posting off my passport for a visa to securing the CofE.  You can knock three or four days off that figure if someone was intending entering by virtue of a visa exemption stamp at BKK.  Uncertainty at the moment regarding the sandbox scheme is probably the issue for most; once there is certainty I would expect bookings to follow.

14 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Emirates to resume flights to Phuket,  four flights a week from 2nd July 

So, for British nationals, Thailand is on the amber list which means 10 days of self-isolation at home on return, but if you fly with Emirates then you'll have to pay £1,750 for supervised hotel quarantine on return. I don't see many Brits choosing that option.

14 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Talk of Thailand being put on the red list but this is just the media talking....same view that Greece and Spanish islands could be on green lists, we will know tomorrow.

Well that will be me well and truely f***d as I have just booked a flight to Edinburgh for 3rd July.

23 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Well that will be me well and truely f***d as I have just booked a flight to Edinburgh for 3rd July.

At the moment it is rumour and speculation by the press.  There is likely to be a formal announcement of any changes this evening; the normal time for these is 1700 hours. (UK time).

From my experience in January 2021, if anyone is planning to travel abroad I would make the departure day as close to the booking date as possible, to reduce chances of any changes in either the country of departure or country of arrival.

I think you mentioned you were flying with KLM; if that is the case I think they offer a change of date on your existing flights free of charge.  You are not going to beat any changes announced tonight, if there are any.  I would consider waiting and seeing what happens tonight; if not too drastic, change the flight to a day next week and get a Covid Test (PCR ) booked at a local hospital for 72 hours before flight and two or three tests booked with a provider in UK, which I understand is current requirement to enter UK.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Talk of Thailand being put on the red list but this is just the media talking....same view that Greece and Spanish islands could be on green lists, we will know tomorrow.

Announcement not made yet, but the BBC are saying they've "learned" there will be no new countries on the green list.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, john luke said:

At the moment it is rumour and speculation by the press.  There is likely to be a formal announcement of any changes this evening; the normal time for these is 1700 hours. (UK time).

From my experience in January 2021, if anyone is planning to travel abroad I would make the departure day as close to the booking date as possible, to reduce chances of any changes in either the country of departure or country of arrival.

I think you mentioned you were flying with KLM; if that is the case I think they offer a change of date on your existing flights free of charge.  You are not going to beat any changes announced tonight, if there are any.  I would consider waiting and seeing what happens tonight; if not too drastic, change the flight to a day next week and get a Covid Test (PCR ) booked at a local hospital for 72 hours before flight and two or three tests booked with a provider in UK, which I understand is current requirement to enter UK.

There was a great deal of speculation that Thailand would be added to the Red list today.

I had already drafted my grovelling letter to the Scottish Managed Quarantine department re poor Scottish pensioner ( well me Grannie was a Scot) unable to pay the 1,750 beer vouchers required for the Quarantine Hotel.

I think Thailand missed being on the Red list by a cats whisker.

Next review is in 3 weeks so tomorrow I am going to bring forward my flight by a couple of weeks.

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Wrong on both counts, Thailand stays as it is and the Greek Islands stay amber.

Nobody was more pleased to be wrong than me.

I cannot take the chance that Thailand's covid case count stays high and they get placed in the Red category in UK's next review in just 3 weeks.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Jambo said:

I cannot take the chance that Thailand's covid case count stays high and they get placed in the Red category in UK's next review in just 3 weeks.

I would not wish to be the prophet of gloom and doom, however I would say, don't count on their being a period of three weeks before any changes ocurr.  In December 2020/January 2021 changes did occurr more frequently than the scheduled dates. 

Biden administration unveils plan to vaccinate world against COVID-19

The US will distribute approximately six million vaccines to countries in Central and South
America such as Brazil, Argentina, Colombia, Peru and Bolivia.

Approximately seven million doses will be distributed to Asian-Pacific countries such as India,
Nepal, Indonesia, Thailand and Papua New Guinea.

Approximately 5 million will be shared with countries in Africa in co-ordination with the African
Union.

https://www.watoday.com.au/world/north-america/biden-administration-unveils-plan-to-vaccinate-world-against-covid-19-20210604-p57xyv.html

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, john luke said:

I would not wish to be the prophet of gloom and doom, however I would say, don't count on their being a period of three weeks before any changes ocurr.  In December 2020/January 2021 changes did occurr more frequently than the scheduled dates. 

I have rebooked for the 19th June, two weeks tomorrow.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, john luke said:

The next date is meant to be 24 June for any movements of green, amber and red but with this government anything is possible.

On 5/30/2021 at 9:13 AM, forcebwithu said:

Phuket is still aiming to open to tourists on July 1st.

Phuket Sandbox Guide

E2c1cSIVkAATZLD.jpg

Below is TAT's roadmap to reopen Thailand. It's a bit dated from March 26, but then TIT and anything older than a few minutes should be considered dated and taken with a large grain of salt.
E2hbzJkVUAAXOEs.jpg

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/tourism/first-step-of-phuket-sandbox-reopening-july-1-approved

Now 14 days, not 7.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

Seems they (Anutin, the powers that be & high above) stalled a long time to get a photo op for the Thailand produced vaccine. Hmmmm.

"Made in Thailand ✌️ Daniel Kertesz, WHO Representative to Thailand, receives AstraZeneca vaccine produced domestically by palace-owned Siam Bioscience today. Health minister Anutin Charnvirakul said the first batch of 1.8M doses are being distributed nationwide." https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/

195981678_4387179171300981_156191377744777489_n.jpg

193161340_4387179301300968_1157815551974111126_n.jpg

• Like 2

13 hours ago, lazarus said:

Seems they (Anutin, the powers that be & high above) stalled a long time to get a photo op for the Thailand produced vaccine. Hmmmm.

"Made in Thailand ✌️ Daniel Kertesz, WHO Representative to Thailand, receives AstraZeneca vaccine produced domestically by palace-owned Siam Bioscience today. Health minister Anutin Charnvirakul said the first batch of 1.8M doses are being distributed nationwide." https://www.facebook.com/KhaosodEnglish/

195981678_4387179171300981_156191377744777489_n.jpg

193161340_4387179301300968_1157815551974111126_n.jpg

Photo opportunity v social distancing of the unvaccinated = no competition......

On 6/4/2021 at 1:39 AM, Jambo said:

Labour is not your friend....

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/labour-thailand-vietnam-border-amber-list-b1860009.html