COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

54 minutes ago, Krapow said:

This is the NON THAILAND thread.

If only there is a thread for Thai related Covid stuff.

47 minutes ago, lazarus said:

New Sheriff in Town 🤠

Keeps the mods from falling asleep, got it sorted 👍

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Proffesor said:

Got to be better than waiting until ( probably ) next year waiting my turn to get one here . . .

Tried this one?

Phyathai 2, Samitivej Sukhumvit to provide jabs for expats

I got registered for Moderna at BPH via somebody connected, scheduled for October, though won't be holding my breath.

Colleague of mine had an appointment in Udon, but the hospital director caved in under pressure from the Thais and cancelled the jab.

Edited by CampariO

Reading all this palaver with vaccines I find it disgusting that Thailand is playing with the lives of people but allowing hospitals etc to sell the vaccine. 

I have to listen to my wife telling me everyday that her parents are giving up on getting any jab in Khon Kaen even though they are registered and clinicians have been into the village. They seem to be told that the vaccine is not available so it is pretty obvious the role out of the vaccine by the government is not reaching all areas, it seems they are running out regularly.

Sounds to me as soon as you allow private hospitals to charge for any vaccine you are preventing the overall mass vaccination of those who really need it.

I just wonder if the previous big boss was alive would there be a different handling of the vaccination program for the people.

As a foreigner I might even consider leaving to go to the UK (taking in to consideration the hurdles) and head for a walk in centre where it is FREE. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Richard Barrow saying a new lockdown like last April is coming. Though not everywhere, just high risk areas. 

Over 7000 cases today, but the real number will be at least treble that, likewise with deaths.

They did so well at the start, now they've totally f***d the vaccine roll out for various reasons, so infection numbers do matter there, not like the UK with the vast majority vaccinated, when infection numbers don't really matter. 

BBC -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-57759174

Thailand's plan to re-open the country to foreign tourists in about 100 days has been thrown into doubt as it sees a new spike in Covid cases.

Some 7,000 cases and 75 deaths were reported on Thursday, a daily record for the country.

Most of the country's cases, however, can be traced to the capital Bangkok.

Experts say the only way out of this is a lockdown. Stricter curbs have been placed on the city's restaurants and construction sites, but a full lockdown has so far been avoided.

"A strict lockdown is the only way out," Dr Anan Jongkaewwattana, a director of the research unit at the National Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, told Bloomberg.

"If this situation continues, the Thai outbreak will be worse than Indonesia's on a per capita basis, with as many as 20,000 cases per day in the next few months," he said.

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

BBC -

Thailand's plan to re-open the country to foreign tourists in about 100 days has been thrown into doubt as it sees a new spike in Covid cases.

Some 7,000 cases and 75 deaths were reported on Thursday, a daily record for the country.

Experts say the only way out of this is a lockdown. Stricter curbs have been placed on the city's restaurants and construction sites, but a full lockdown has so far been avoided.

"A strict lockdown is the only way out," Dr Anan Jongkaewwattana, a director of the research unit at

But don't worry dear Bangkok Covid speaders as we will give you plenty of warning before we impose the lockdown so that all those that wish to depart back to family homes in Province here,there and everywhere have plenty of time to depart.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Krapow said:

BBC -

"A strict lockdown is the only way out," Dr Anan Jongkaewwattana, a director of the research unit at the National Centre for Genetic Engineering and Biotechnology, told Bloomberg.

"If this situation continues, the Thai outbreak will be worse than Indonesia's on a per capita basis, with as many as 20,000 cases per day in the next few months," he said.

Pisses me off when I read the only idea for a way out is a lockdown. This from a supposedly highly educated PhD health professional. Fcking imbecile, does he even have vaccination in his vocabulary.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Almost 10,000 today,must be so many 1000s of thai s avoiding the test,well its the weekend again in hua hin so more room lights in the hilton will be on,food courts in both malls will be full,maybe they will stay longer this time,plenty of time to organise their breaks, new restrictions start 12 th july 😂

Its been interesting reading online about the amount of ex pats here who registered only to be told come back next time,or november,what a shambles.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, andyajn said:

Looks like its finally taken hold and it will probably take a complete shutdown with the absence of a vaccination rollout to curb the numbers.

My thoughts as well, i think only a matter of time.

What a f**k up they've made of their vaccine roll out, even by Thai standards it's outstanding ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 hours ago, lazarus said:

My respect for Thitinan Pongsudhirak grows every time I read one of his opinion pieces. Not only are they well written, but he asks the questions that are on quite a few people's minds, and has the balls to publish them.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

9 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

My respect for Thitinan Pongsudhirak grows every time I read one of his opinion pieces. Not only are they well written, but he asks the questions that are on quite a few people's minds, and has the balls to publish them.

Bingo

• Thumbs Up 1

Just been reading that a couple of farang kids, 7 and 9 year olds or similar, tested positive on their 2nd tests in Phuket sandbox. 

Apparently The Thai authorities have separated the kids from their family, sent them to hospital (asymptomatic) and the family to ALQ quarantine. 

f**k that, detaining the kids without their parents!  I'll be nowhere near it, or i'd end up getting arrested.

I posted a few months ago on this thread, i can't see them opening up in any meaningful/feasible way until they have the majority vaccinated. So sometime in 2023 then, earliest ...

@roomark something to be aware of ...

• Thanks 1
  • Surprised 2

6 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Just been reading that a couple of farang kids, 7 and 9 year olds or similar, tested positive on their 2nd tests

Where did you read this?

The fact that vaccines are not available for kids under 12 is the Achilles heal of the present Covid flight. 

11 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Just been reading that a couple of farang kids, 7 and 9 year olds or similar, tested positive on their 2nd tests in Phuket sandbox. 

Apparently The Thai authorities have separated the kids from their family, sent them to hospital (asymptomatic) and the family to ALQ quarantine. 

f**k that, detaining the kids without their parents!  I'll be nowhere near it, or i'd end up getting arrested.

I posted a few months ago on this thread, i can't see them opening up in any meaningful/feasible way until they have the majority vaccinated. So sometime in 2023 then, earliest ...

As kids are usually asymptomatic , shouldn't be any requirement for them to go to hospital, especially without a parent ... 

can't see this helping the sandbox to be a success 

Edited by Stillearly

1 minute ago, lazarus said:

Where did you read this?

The fact that vaccines are not available for kids under 12 is the Achilles heal of the present Covid flight. 

🔴 BREAKING: Not so good news coming out of Phuket this evening. Health officials have just announced that two foreigners aged 8 and 9 have tested positive for #COVID19 on their 2nd test (Days 6-7). The children have been sent to hospital and the family to quarantine.

• Thanks 1

What we know so far. The two that tested positive are children aged 8 and 9. This was the 2nd test and so Days 6-7. They have been sent to hospital. There are two families with a total of 7 members. The people who tested negative have been sent to ALQ quarantine. The two children were allowed to enter even though they were not vaccinated because they were with family members. Health officials are now doing track and trace to see where they’ve been over the last seven days. They’ve asked people not to panic. #Thailand

images.jpg

Edited by Krapow
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

I've totally given up on the idea of going mate absolutely no chance with all the shit going on , they really have no idea what they are doing and I don't want to end up in the middle of it .

Things are getting back to a good place here , maybe Europe I might take a chance after the 19th , but Thailand I have absolutely no idea when we will be able to get back and be free I don't like staying in one place as it is over there , pointless now and it's a damn shame.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Krapow said:

To me this points out a gap in the Covid insurance everyone is required to have. I'm guessing it only covers you if you test positive, if you test negative but have close contact with a high risk positive case, as was the case with this lady, you're on your own for covering the additional cost of an ALQ.

Forewarned is forearmed and if I was contemplating going the sandbox route I'd pass on it unless I could find some sort of insurance that would cover the above scenario. No way do I want to be on the hook for additional costs for something completely outside my control.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Krapow said:

I saw a UTube video yesterday of this lady being interviewed. I think she is German but spoke better English than me.

She returned to the hotel she had booked and paid for only to be told by their Reception that she had to make her own way immediately to the one designated hotel to go into full quarantine. She has to pay for her quarantine stay herself which she said the daily rate was three times more expensive than the one she had booked.

It was the guy sitting next to her that tested positive not her so her insurance does not cover the cost.

She also said the Arab guy next to her was a member of a large family group so presumably they are all in quarantine.

She particularly pointed out that nobody from the Thai authority had made contact with her to see how she was.

33 minutes ago, Jambo said:

......She particularly pointed out that nobody from the Thai authority had made contact with her to see how she was.

Or, for that matter, whether she had actually gone to a quarantine hotel or just vanished into a bed-sit sonewhere on the island.  
That's seriously slack.  

The interviewer suggested she contact the German embassy and the local consul-general.  
I wonder what will come of that.

The family's story shows an extremely heavy handed approach, and I can see many cancellations once the story hits the western press.  No family is going to risk being treated like that.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1