COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

51 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Another one that was supposed to go from Bangkok to the northeast was canceled.

Covid-19 train cancelled

A special train scheduled to take Covid-19 patients home from Bangkok to the Northeast on Monday was cancelled, with the State Railway of Thailand saying there were too few passengers.

• Thumbs Up 1

52 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Thailand sends COVID-19 patients to hometowns by train

Trains come in handy...

Bangkok to use sleepers as isolation facility

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2155651/bangkok-to-use-sleepers-as-isolation-facility

Fifteen sleeping cars at Bang Sue Grand Station will be turned into an isolation facility for Bangkok's Covid-19 patients awaiting hospital beds...

c1_2155651_210727180008.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Hmmm... will check back in a month on this one.

Could sending people back 'home' spread the disease wider throughout the country?

What if infection numbers/deaths are still going up in four weeks...what will he say then?

. . .

PM gauges virus review

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2155735/pm-gauges-virus-review

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has estimated the intense Covid-19 situation will affect the country for the next two to three weeks or four weeks at most, said Deputy Public Health Minister Sathit Pitutecha...

...The deputy public health minister said the cabinet meeting discussed measures underway to bring down the Covid-19 curve, including sending those infected back for treatment in their home provinces so to alleviate overcrowding at hospitals and medical facilities in the hardest-hit provinces, including Bangkok.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Surprised 2

9 hours ago, lazarus said:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha has estimated the intense Covid-19 situation will affect the country for the next two to three weeks or four weeks at most,

A few hours later...now it's "4 to 6 weeks"...and then passes the blame back on the public.

Kind of tells you how much of a handle these guys have on the situation, doesn't it?

Virus easing 'in 4-6 weeks'

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2156279/virus-easing-in-4-6-weeks

... "But I am concerned about the public use of antigen test kits. I am not sure whether they know how to use them properly," Gen Prayut reportedly said...

9 hours ago, Krapow said:

Uk's donating 500,000 vaccine doses to Thailand, to mixed reviews from some ex pats, who seem to think Thailand might sell them on to them :matron:

I would'nt doubt that for one moment given an opportunity. Why don't they allocate enough to jab all British citizens in Thailand to the BE in Bangers to organise, then the BE can be really useful ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pumpuynarak said:

I would'nt doubt that for one moment given an opportunity. Why don't they allocate enough to jab all British citizens in Thailand to the BE in Bangers to organise, then the BE can be really useful ?

Easy enough to make it a condition of the donation. Feel the same about the US donation. My tax dollars at work for everyone but the ones who pay into the system.

• Like 2

loads of new cases of the last couple of days from this in Samui 

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/koh-samui-bar-and-club-finds-16-covid-19-infections

The Thaiger recently reported that some bars and clubs in Koh Samui continue to operate seemingly indifferent to Covid-19 restrictions in place without any masks or social distancing and during periods that nightlife was shut down nationally.

Now the freedom from regulation on the island has come back to bite as 16 Covid-19 infections were found traced to one of the biggest clubs that has remained open. Authorities have put out an urgent plea for anyone who has attended the Black Bamboo Club in Chaweng between July 16 and 26 to report for Covid-19 testing immediately as they are at risk of exposure to the virus.

• Surprised 1

I never gave it much thought in years past how various countries are quick to provide aid to other countries in need, and rightly so, but they forget, or don't care enough to take care of their tax paying expats living abroad. Case in point,

US 'here for Thais in time of need'

The first batch of 1.5 million Pfizer vaccine doses donated by the US is scheduled to arrive in Thailand on Friday under a US government (USG) Covid-19 assistance programme. Michael Heath, Chargé d'Affaires of the US Embassy in Thailand, answered written questions, asking him about US support for Covid-19 vaccine distribution.

Hey Mr. Chargé d'Affaires, why aren't you setting aside some of the vaccine for the US expats here?

• Like 1

Just now, forcebwithu said:

I never gave it much thought in years past how various countries are quick to provide aid to other countries in need, and rightly so, but they forget, or don't care enough to take care of their tax paying expats living abroad. Case in point,

US 'here for Thais in time of need'

The first batch of 1.5 million Pfizer vaccine doses donated by the US is scheduled to arrive in Thailand on Friday under a US government (USG) Covid-19 assistance programme. Michael Heath, Chargé d'Affaires of the US Embassy in Thailand, answered written questions, asking him about US support for Covid-19 vaccine distribution.

Hey Mr. Chargé d'Affaires, why aren't you setting aside some of the vaccine for the US expats here?

I thought the US said 20% would go to expats , although the Thais then decided it would only be 10% 

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I thought the US said 20% would go to expats , although the Thais then decided it would only be 10% 

That would be great, but I've not see any news reports to that effect.

Edited to add: I'm on the US Embassy's mailing list (STEP program) and there have been no emails notifying us when and how to get whatever amount might be set aside for expats.

Edited by forcebwithu

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

This is the only thing I can find related to it ..

I feel so much better knowing  it's coming from Anutin. :default_biggrin: The guy should start a comedy channel.

In new low, Thai health minister blames packed jab scenes on ‘camera angles’

Don’t believe your eyes, Thailand’s health minister says. “This is fine.” 

Responding to alarming scenes at Bangkok’s Bang Sue Grand Station of crowds cramming inside for vaccination – without crowd control to keep them apart – controversial health minister Anutin Charnvirakul claimed that viewers could be tricked by “camera angles or whatever.”

BangsueTHAIRATH-e1627530563667.jpg
An alarming scene at Bangkok’s Bang Sue Grand Station of crowds cramming inside for vaccination. Photo: Thairath

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I feel so much better knowing  it's coming from Anutin. :default_biggrin: The guy should start a comedy channel.

In new low, Thai health minister blames packed jab scenes on ‘camera angles’

Don’t believe your eyes, Thailand’s health minister says. “This is fine.” 

Responding to alarming scenes at Bangkok’s Bang Sue Grand Station of crowds cramming inside for vaccination – without crowd control to keep them apart – controversial health minister Anutin Charnvirakul claimed that viewers could be tricked by “camera angles or whatever.”

BangsueTHAIRATH-e1627530563667.jpg
An alarming scene at Bangkok’s Bang Sue Grand Station of crowds cramming inside for vaccination. Photo: Thairath

The guy's a grade A idiot, perfect for Thailand lol

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

News report from about 2 hours ago. No surprise US expats are not on the distribution list. And I do not believe for one minute the VIP's will keep their snouts away from the vaccine feeding trough.

1.54m US Covid vaccine doses arrive

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha extended his gratitude to the US for the vaccine donation at a time when Thailand was facing a Covid-19 crisis. The doses would be administered only to frontline medical workers and targeted groups of people, not to VIPs, Ms Traisuree said.

She said 700,000 doses will be used for third, booster jabs for medical workers who treat Covid-19 patients nationwide; 645,000 doses for Thai people for whom a Covid-19 infection could be fatal; 150,000 doses for elderly people, patients with any of seven chronic illnesses, pregnant women at least 12 weeks into term; people who leave for countries that require inoculation with the Pfizer vaccine, including diplomats and students; 5,000 doses for research; and 40,000 doses kept in reserve to cope with viral mutations.

• Sad 1

On 7/28/2021 at 8:16 PM, forcebwithu said:

Easy enough to make it a condition of the donation. Feel the same about the US donation. My tax dollars at work for everyone but the ones who pay into the system.

Well, that’s because we are

2nd class citizens , make that 3rd class when we’re in Thailand 

"Thai-ness" in action...

11 nabbed for Bang Sue jab system fraud
Centre staff accused of selling bookings

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2156895/11-nabbed-for-bang-sue-jab-system-fraud

...Currently, the vaccination centre has not opened vaccination bookings to organisations except those from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs which has secured doses for the elderly, so it was rare to have bulk bookings.

Pol Maj Gen Amnat Traipot said seven of the 11 accused include officials from the Department of Medical Services and one mobile operator...

. . .

Vaccination booking fraud details emerge

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2157355/vaccination-booking-fraud-details-emerge

...Corrupt workers who sold Covid vaccination slots at Bang Sue Grand Station slipped up when they registered 2,000 people for inoculation through a gate reserved that day for a few hundred foreigners registered through the Foreign Ministry...

• Like 2

A farang mate got his second dose of Sinovac at Phyathai Hospital in Bangkok today.  Roads from Pattaya to Bangkok were empty and he was there and back in around 4 hours, including waiting around for 30 minutes post jabbing.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1