COVID 19 Related to THAILAND Posts

Just checked on the NHS App the Vaccine status is up and running on it..

It should have your name, date of birth, covid vaccines and a personal QR Code .

Good to go now , except we're not for LOS just yet ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ทย 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 minutes ago, roomark said:

It should have your name, date of birth, covid vaccines and a personal QR Code .

It also has an "Expiration date" (in my case, 20 June 2021). What's that all about?

12 minutes ago, Bazle said:

It also has an "Expiration date" (in my case, 20 June 2021). What's that all about?

ย 

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Mine says the same, 20th June

Ditto. My initial guess was that was exactly 3 months after my first jab, but as you two have had both, I guess my guess was wrong...!

1 hour ago, roomark said:

Good to go now , except we're not for LOS just yet ๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿ˜ทย 

For anyone who doesn't have a mobile 'phone (I know there is at least one BM who doesn't), it is possible to get a paper version, provided both jabs have been administered. This is done by calling 119.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57070185

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

Mine says the same, 20th June

Mine same too theย 20th June ..

Maybe it's the expiration date of the QR Code ?? (From today) and then you would have to download another.

No doubt we will find outย 

ย 

15 hours ago, Bazle said:

For anyone who doesn't have a mobile 'phone (I know there is at least one BM who doesn't), it is possible to get a paper version, provided both jabs have been administered. This is done by calling 119.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-57070185

Only works in England, can not access in Wales just yet.

Oops, should have replied to Roomark but for info anyway.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Great Info 1

9 hours ago, roomark said:

Maybe it's the expiration date of the QR Code ?? (From today) and then you would have to download another.

No doubt we will find out

The idea is to use the app on-line and the expiry date will only appear when you download a certificate.ย  There are still updates to be applied, so some features may not be operating yet.

• Great Info 1

9 hours ago, Stillearly said:

A target of a thousand vaccinations a day , starting sometime in June .... 5555

ย 

Population of Bangkok is 10.5 million as at 2020 so around 28 years to complete

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

This looks like bad news:

The Department of Disease Control (DDC), Ministry of Public Health, confirmed the new so-called โ€œIndianโ€ variant, or B.1.617.2 variant, was discovered among 15 construction workers and their family members in the Lak Si district of Bangkok today, May 21st.

https://thepattayanews.com/2021/05/21/thailands-department-of-disease-control-confirms-discovery-of-b-1-617-2-covid-19-variant-in-construction-workers-in-bangkok/

• Like 1

Had Supervision with my Manager on Thursday last week, he's fine for giving me a month off forย when we can go, so still hoping for Xmas, both fully vaccinated. If not, then maybe Feb.ย 

• Like 1

On 5/17/2021 at 10:33 PM, roomark said:

No doubt we will find outย 

ย 

My guess is that it's something to do with the government's next stage of "release" which is due for June 21st. Mine also says the expiration is June 20th.

• Great Info 1

3 hours ago, Britboy said:

My guess is that it's something to do with the government's next stage of "release" which is due for June 21st. Mine also says the expiration is June 20th.

Downloaded the app for my mate 2 days ago, expiry date of 20 June as well.

The plot thickens...

Princess allows new vaccine imports

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2122619/princess-allows-new-vaccine-imports

His Majesty the King's sister has approved coronavirus vaccine imports by an institution she sponsors, bypassing the government as it deals with surging infections and growing public anger over a slow and chaotic rollout.

The secretary-general of the Chulabhorn Royal Academy wrote on Facebook that the "alternative vaccines" would supplement the government campaign until it could meet the country's needs.

The government, which has long insisted it must handle all vaccine imports, will next month start its mass immunisation drive, which relies heavily on AstraZeneca vaccines manufactured locally by a company owned by the king.

The announcement in the Royal Gazette took some in the government by surprise, and comes as the country suffers its most severe Covid-19 outbreak so far and growing unease about the vaccine plan...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lazarus said:

The plot thickens...

Princess allows new vaccine imports

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/general/2122619/princess-allows-new-vaccine-imports

His Majesty the King's sister has approved coronavirus vaccine imports by an institution she sponsors, bypassing the government as it deals with surging infections and growing public anger over a slow and chaotic rollout.

The secretary-general of the Chulabhorn Royal Academy wrote on Facebook that the "alternative vaccines" would supplement the government campaign until it could meet the country's needs.

The government, which has long insisted it must handle all vaccine imports, will next month start its mass immunisation drive, which relies heavily on AstraZeneca vaccines manufactured locally by a company owned by the king.

The announcement in the Royal Gazette took some in the government by surprise, and comes as the country suffers its most severe Covid-19 outbreak so far and growing unease about the vaccine plan...

About time, too! Now all we need is for her to pass a law saying the the Covid Czar is a corrupt ninny and clearly not up to the job, so he's been removed and replaced with an honest and competent Thai politician.

ย 

ย 

Oh, wait a minute....

9 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

About time, too! Now all we need is for her to pass a law saying the the Covid Czar is a corrupt ninny and clearly not up to the job, so he's been removed and replaced with an honest and competent Thai politician.

ย 

ย 

Oh, wait a minute....

see:

https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/opinion/2122703/no-duopoly-in-thai-jab-procurement

• Great Info 1

45 minutes ago, Homor said:

When do people think Thai government will allow people back into Thailand and what restrictions will apply ?ย 

Phuket is still aiming to open to tourists on July 1st.

Phuket Sandbox Guide

E2c1cSIVkAATZLD.jpg

Below is TAT's roadmap to reopen Thailand. It's a bit datedย from March 26, but then TIT and anything older than a few minutes should be considered dated and taken with a large grain of salt.
E2hbzJkVUAAXOEs.jpg

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Homor said:

When do people think Thai government will allow people back into Thailand and what restrictions will apply ?ย 

Well I was speaking to somebody a few days ago at Le Pub who has just completed his two week state quarantine at a designated hotel in Naklua. He said the hotel ( I have forgotten the name) was expensive, poor quality and the food awful. So if you can get a flight back and are prepared to pay outrageously to spend 14 days locked away in a designated hotel room you can apparently get back now.

I think they are in cloud cookoo land if they truely believe this experiment of opening up Phuket to tourists from the 1st July is going to work.

"Come to The Land of Smiles and enjoy Phuket."

You might have a little difficulty in finding a Hotel as most of them are closed and you will not be able to get a drink in a Bar because it is not allowed and anyway they have all closed down as well as have all places to eat other than food carts.

Pattaya is hoping to open up for vaccinated tourists fot the last quarter of this year. That might happen but that will still require Thai's and expats living and working in Pattaya to have been vaccinated themselves to stop local infections from the Thai's returning to Pattaya to work and the Thai visitors fro Bangkok who will inevitably visit if Bangkok still has restrictions and Pattaya does not.

Sadly, I would say generally one can forget this year as it seems completely unlikely that anything like 70% of the population is going to get vaccinated this year. Until the quarantine restriction is lifted the tourists are not going to return to Thailand.

Now for the good news.

It's not raining today.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

^^^ I agree with everything you posted.

Even if Phuket does manageย to go ahead and start their Sandbox thing on July 1st, I'd bet dollars to doughnuts at the first sign of an uptick in new infections Phuket goes back into quarantine mode. Then all the tourists suckers that bought into the idea they would have freedom of movement around the island for the first seven days of their stay instead find themselves locked up for 15 days in an ASQ hotel.

Then there's also the possibility that during your stay you are asymptomatic, but test positive and then find yourself forced into a 14 days hospital stay at considerable expense.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Like 2

19 hours ago, Jambo said:

You might have a little difficulty in finding a Hotel as most of them are closed and you will not be able to get a drink in a Bar because it is not allowed and anyway they have all closed down as well as have all places to eat other than food carts.

Nearly 420 hotels have applied for/received the SHA Plus accreditation needed to re-open on July 1st.