COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

5 minutes ago, fforest said:

I guess this is not a joke.....First it was Krispy Kreme doughnuts in America, now the plague is invading Pattaya...

You should dive straight into that deal as soon as you get your jabs 😊

I am going for a free packet of Men's incontinence pads when I get my September combo Covid/Flu booster jabs. 

• Haha 5

Duh...seems like a "no-brainer"... but not to all it seems.

99.5% Of People Killed By Covid In Last 6 Months Were Unvaccinated, Data Suggests

(US) CDC Director Dr. Rochelle Walensky said at a Thursday White House briefing that preliminary data reviewed by her agency suggests 99.5% of the people who died from Covid-19 over the past six months were unvaccinated, a stunning statistic in support of her assertion that nearly every virus-linked death is now preventable...

... As top public health officials continue to sound the alarm about the threat of the delta variant, the Biden administration announced Thursday it will be deploying rapid response teams across the U.S. to the hot spots where the strain is flourishing. This will involve a combination of both on-the-ground and virtual assistance, explained White House Covid-19 czar Jeff Zients. He did not specify exactly where these “surge response” teams will be sent, but suggested it may be the 1,000 counties highlighted by Walensky. 

KEY BACKGROUND 
Though almost every state is reopened, vaccination rates have drastically slowed across the country with less than half of all eligible Americans fully inoculated. The vaccine rollout has unfolded with stark divisions along (political) party lines, as signaled by the fact that all 18 states that surpassed President Biden’s goal of having 70% of residents at least partially vaccinated by July 4 voted for him in the 2020 election. A handful (of states that voted for Trump) —Mississippi, Louisiana, Wyoming and Alabama—are yet to surpass even a 50% vaccination rate.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jemimamcevoy/2021/07/01/995-of-people-killed-by-covid-in-last-6-months-were-unvaccinated-data-suggests/?fbclid=IwAR3ruNKCQixvQ46V2Te8ylh6ArZFpUjKpqEa7rLytiQ1OHMW1c3Hl1N5Qx0&sh=b4905a1493da

Edited by lazarus

As my UK driving license ran out some years ago and my online application to renew was rejected because my passport, renewed in Thailand, was not recognized by the system I have been using the excellent Scottish bus service. It took exactly three days for West Lothian Council to send me my Old Farts Bus Pass which gives me free travel throughout Scotland. 

It is compulsory to wear a mask on the buses but I have noticed that without exception those that steadfastly refuse to  wear a mask fall into the 20 -30 age group invariably have a beard, tats and have body piercings  but not necessarily all three at the same time.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

58 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

5555 Gillian McKeith ...... I shouldn't  be surprised you follow her   🙂 

Gillian McKeith is a Scottish television personality, nutritionist and writer. She is the former host of Channel 4's You Are What You Eat.

No wonder some people think I'm a kunt.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I had a very heated conversation yesterday with an "anti vaxer". Never met her before, but I listened to her ramblings and half baked conspiracy theories for around 15 minutes 

Cake and Eat it, is, was I said to her. I asked what she would do to solve the Covid crisis and to head back to some sort of normality. Her reply was, "just carry on as we did before the pandemic" 

During her rant she also complained about all of the restrictions and claimed that social distancing and  wearing masks had no impact on the virus and that the vaccines were dangerous. 

So basically, I told her that she wants everything whilst doing nothing. Cake and eat it,and that she and people like her are the very the very people that will SLOW the progress toward getting back to normality.  She was a horrible hawk-faced cow who thinks that she has an entitlement over others. These people seem to want everything back to normal without making the slightest self sacrifice or take any form of social responsibility. She is part of the problem, not the solution

I was far too polite to say it, but in the back of my mind I was thinking, it should have been you that caught it and died. A horrible thing to think, I know, but sometimes our gut reactions grab a hold of us. 

Tell me about it!

Went to the gym this morning, the usual trainer was off, some stand in i never seen before.

I had got there a bit early, was chatting to her, we were talking about the England game tonight. She asked me are they allowing supporters again? I said i thought it was up to the individual country hosting a game as to how many, but yea, they were. I said in England i thought you need to show a home LFT result, but being home tested, could be abused.

Anyway, she then said sure the vaccines aren't working anyway.  I gave her a look of incredulity, and replied, not only are they working, but they were working very, very well, and If not, we wouldn't be setting up an indoor circuits class at that moment!

She then says no, they're not working, she watched a video from a Doctor who said it was the antibodies that was working. 

So after i picked my head back up from the floor, i said to her, you are aware how most vaccines work, they stimulate your body to produce antibodies against whatever you're being vaccinated for?  The newer mRNA ones are a bit different, but generally that's how vaccines work!

She still wasn't having it, no, not working, she had watched this video ...

I then decided to leave it at that, go set up my bar with heavier weights, as i knew the session was going to be mental!

Aye, they walk amongst us ...

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

Tell me about it!

Went to the gym this morning, the usual trainer was off, some stand in i never seen before.

I had got there a bit early, was chatting to her, we were talking about the England game tonight. She asked me are they allowing supporters again? I said i thought it was up to the individual country hosting a game as to how many, but yea, they were. I said in England i thought you need to show a home LFT result, but being home tested, could be abused.

Anyway, she then said sure the vaccines aren't working anyway.  I gave her a look of incredulity, and replied, not only are they working, but they were working very, very well, and If not, we wouldn't be setting up an indoor circuits class at that moment!

She then says no, they're not working, she watched a video from a Doctor who said it was the antibodies that was working. 

So after i picked my head back up from the floor, i said to her, you are aware how most vaccines work, they stimulate your body to produce antibodies against whatever you're being vaccinated for?  The newer mRNA ones are a bit different, but generally that's how vaccines work!

She still wasn't having it, no, not working, she had watched this video ...

I then decided to leave it at that, go set up my bar with heavier weights, as i knew the session was going to be mental!

Aye, they walk amongst us ...

8 hours ago, Jambo said:

As my UK driving license ran out some years ago and my online application to renew was rejected because my passport, renewed in Thailand, was not recognized by the system I have been using the excellent Scottish bus service. It took exactly three days for West Lothian Council to send me my Old Farts Bus Pass which gives me free travel throughout Scotland. 

It is compulsory to wear a mask on the buses but I have noticed that without exception those that steadfastly refuse to  wear a mask fall into the 20 -30 age group invariably have a beard, tats and have body piercings  but not necessarily all three at the same time.

Like I have said many times.....Some people trust organizations like the WHO, they trust the news,they trust all the numbers and graphs,they trust world leaders....

And then there are people who question all of it and dont trust any of it......Nothing either side can say,or any facts or any evidence can be pointed out that is going to change either sides mind one bit.....

.One side sees dangerous idiots everywhere and the other side see sheep everywhere......And I don't see the situation changing any time soon if ever....   

Edited by fforest
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Jambo said:

And that is just the women     :default_biggrin:

• Haha 1

Yes the supemarkets toilet paper shelves in my neck of the woods in Qld were bare. My TP use is low as like others I have a bum gun, but it is nice to pamper ones' self with the luxury of a little TP to pat the botty dry. Unfortunately they who  hoard TP do live among us. Hopefully they will buy a similar amount of contraceptives to prevent degrading the future gene pool any further.

5 hours ago, hugh cow said:

Yes the supemarkets toilet paper shelves in my neck of the woods in Qld were bare. My TP use is low as like others I have a bum gun, but it is nice to pamper ones' self with the luxury of a little TP to pat the botty dry. Unfortunately they who  hoard TP do live among us. Hopefully they will buy a similar amount of contraceptives to prevent degrading the future gene pool any further.

Yep, Hugh - if I have one good habit I brought home after many years of mongering in SE Asia, it is the use of the bum gun; I have one in both of my bathrooms and am totally hooked on them. Unfortunately, every time I try extoll their virtues to my fellow Canucks, they just get sick looks on their faces and change the subject, 555....

If we make it to the final of the Euros we should lift all restrictions for that day onwards so everyone can watch it together properly. f**k me, its only a week early so what's it matter?. 

Perfect opportunity for the government to show some consideration and common sense for once regarding the virus, and people will be grateful for it. 

13 hours ago, fforest said:

Like I have said many times.....Some people trust organizations like the WHO, they trust the news,they trust all the numbers and graphs,they trust world leaders....

And then there are people who question all of it and dont trust any of it......Nothing either side can say,or any facts or any evidence can be pointed out that is going to change either sides mind one bit.....

.One side sees dangerous idiots everywhere and the other side see sheep everywhere......And I don't see the situation changing any time soon if ever....   

Well no, it doesn't have to be so binary as you make it.

You can think certain people, organisations or countries will always manipulate things to take advantage of any situation to their benefit, to enhance their power, quell dissent, make more money, spread their political ideology or whatever. Clearly that's been happening a lot with Covid, in many countries. 

You can also at the same time believe the science, for example when it is clearly being shown as working, as in the vaccines. 

The girl i quoted was an idiot, she had no idea about what she was talking about, not even the basics about vaccines. She watched some video on utube which told her what she already wanted to believe, so her mind was set. She did a tough circuits class though, i'm stiff and sore this morning, i'll give her that!

See in your world, you've posted that 'They' will only give us a little freedom, then continue to lock us down ongoing forever, that the delay in the UK opening up would be ongoing. You think this is all some preplanned, contrived situation, where 'They' whomever they may be, will  make the world into something like the Hunger Games. You actually posted that. You are at one edge of the spectrum. It's alright to get on the conspiracy bus, but best not to take it the whole way to the station! 

Meanwhile in the real world, the remaining restrictions are about to be lifted in the UK, people are being advised they have to take their own personal responsibility as we have to learn to live with Covid, once all adults have been offered the vaccine, which will be by the 19th of this month.  "We are now going to move into a period where there won't be legal restrictions - the state won't be telling you what to do - but you will want to exercise a degree of personal responsibility and judgement.

The vaccines clearly work, the week on week UK deaths have actually went down in the last 7 days. Only by 1, but with the big jump in numbers, that speaks for itself.

I'm honestly think some don't want restrictions to end, as in their world, it validates how they view the world. 

Only in their world but, not the real world ....

• Like 3

22 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I had a very heated conversation yesterday with an "anti vaxer". Never met her before, but I listened to her ramblings and half baked conspiracy theories for around 15 minutes 

Cake and Eat it, is, was I said to her. I asked what she would do to solve the Covid crisis and to head back to some sort of normality. Her reply was, "just carry on as we did before the pandemic" 

During her rant she also complained about all of the restrictions and claimed that social distancing and  wearing masks had no impact on the virus and that the vaccines were dangerous. 

So basically, I told her that she wants everything whilst doing nothing. Cake and eat it,and that she and people like her are the very the very people that will SLOW the progress toward getting back to normality.  She was a horrible hawk-faced cow who thinks that she has an entitlement over others. These people seem to want everything back to normal without making the slightest self sacrifice or take any form of social responsibility. She is part of the problem, not the solution

I was far too polite to say it, but in the back of my mind I was thinking, it should have been you that caught it and died. A horrible thing to think, I know, but sometimes our gut reactions grab a hold of us. 

I always ask an anti vaxxer if they had their kids vaccinated, or refused their polio / TB jab when younger. They then go on about it being en experimental vaccine and RNA can change our body etc. Counter argument being that RNA can't change DNA, and it most certainly can't be changed by something as simple as a bloody injection.

Some people are totally hatstand. dying of Covid is very unpleasant. Luckily I've not done it, nor do I intend to, but some of these antivaxxers need to be dragged into an ITU ward and allowed to watch someone coughing up pink sputum (that'll be lung tissue, alveoli disintegrating ) while they go blue and the crash team works on them, trying to get the oxygen stats up.

You mention social responsibility, that is the crux , some people shouldn't or for whatever reason are not socially responsible enough to care. That's modern society for you.

On 7/1/2021 at 10:30 AM, Nightcrawler said:

You should dive straight into that deal as soon as you get your jabs 😊

I am going for a free packet of Men's incontinence pads when I get my September combo Covid/Flu booster jabs. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Imagine a forum where 99.7% of posts were sensible, based on fact.

I'd still get pissed of by the 0.3% composed of sheer stupidity!

Some people just don't have a sense of humor.....It's so stupid its funny...

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, fforest said:

Some people just don't have a sense of humor.....It's so stupid its funny...

Forgive me. I thought that this thread was for serious discussion about a serious subject.

Given that there are plenty of opportunities elsewhere to post one's childish "humour".

• Sad 1

Just for info, re the above, and the 99.bla bla bla % nonsense ...

This past Winter, 1 in every 60 Covid infection resulted in a death in the UK.

Now it's under 1 in 1000. 

Vaccines, baby, vaccines ...

• Great Info 1