COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

9 hours ago, roobob said:

Again with the "if". We are talking about fforest's statement on what he said about the blocks being placed in front of the business.... and it seems he called it correctly.

cheers

Well I'll drop the "if" if it makes you uncomfortable. And I can talk about anything I like, especially if it is thrown up as a side issue to a post.

The facts.

The restaurant owners were warned repeatedly about their breach of Covid regulations, particularly their failure to ascertain the Covid status of patrons and restrict entry to only those in possession of a Covid certificate as required by the Swiss government. Because of the repeated breaches the owners were ordered to close the establishment for 2 weeks. Again they refused to comply so the police closed if for them in a rather novel way.

Now before I ask the question again let me remind you how in 2017 on another forum you strenuously defended Thai authorities for arresting and detaining (until she could raise bail) a Russian tourist for feeding fish at a Phuket beach. Your justification was she had broken the rules and must face the consequences (no mention of dictatorship then).

So should you obey a law (rule, edict, decree, injunction, command, order, ordinance etc)

1. at all times.
  2. only if you agree with the law otherwise it is ok to ignore it.
  3. I decline to answer as any answer will reveal the depth of my hypocrisy.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Well I'll drop the "if" if it makes you uncomfortable. And I can talk about anything I like, especially if it is thrown up as a side issue to a post.

The facts.

The restaurant owners were warned repeatedly about their breach of Covid regulations, particularly their failure to ascertain the Covid status of patrons and restrict entry to only those in possession of a Covid certificate as required by the Swiss government. Because of the repeated breaches the owners were ordered to close the establishment for 2 weeks. Again they refused to comply so the police closed if for them in a rather novel way.

Now before I ask the question again let me remind you how in 2017 on another forum you strenuously defended Thai authorities for arresting and detaining (until she could raise bail) a Russian tourist for feeding fish at a Phuket beach. Your justification was she had broken the rules and must face the consequences (no mention of dictatorship then).

So should you obey a law (rule, edict, decree, injunction, command, order, ordinance etc)

1. at all times.
  2. only if you agree with the law otherwise it is ok to ignore it.
  3. I decline to answer as any answer will reveal the depth of my hypocrisy.

I am comfortable already thanks...I have a cement table...555.

Restaurant owners are what it says they are.....restaurant owners. They and their staff are not the covid police.... it is not their job to police who have been vaccinated or not. A waitress/waiter goes to work to do that job they are employed for...wait on customers...the chef goes to work to cook for the customers...not to to be a proxy policeman/woman. If the Govt wants them to do so...then pay them...either with a cash incentive or tax breaks...give them a payment/incentive to put extra staff on to police the fact....etc..whatever. 

It easy for the Govt to say to these business people that you police this or else.  If you do not you will be fined or we will close your business and take away your livelyhood just because we can. We are talking more than the owner here being effected.... we are talking employees and their families...suppliers to the restaurants....etc.... so why should these business establishments take on an extra cost/duty that should be done by the Govt and face forced closure all over something that is not in the business and employees job description???

It is another overkill by the ineptness of the overall situation by many Govts and in this particular incidence...by the Swiss Govt.

cheers 

4 minutes ago, roobob said:

Restaurant owners are what it says they are.....restaurant owners. They and their staff are not the covid police.... it is not their job to police who have been vaccinated or not. A waitress/waiter goes to work to do that job they are employed for...wait on customers...the chef goes to work to cook for the customers...not to to be a proxy policeman/woman. If the Govt wants them to do so...then pay them...either with a cash incentive or tax breaks...give them a payment/incentive to put extra staff on to police the fact....etc..whatever. 

It easy for the Govt to say to these business people that you police this or else.  If you do not you will be fined or we will close your business and take away your livelyhood just because we can. We are talking more than the owner here being effected.... we are talking employees and their families...suppliers to the restaurants....etc.... so why should these business establishments take on an extra cost/duty that should be done by the Govt and face forced closure all over something that is not in the business and employees job description???

It is another overkill by the ineptness of the overall situation by many Govts and in this particular incidence...by the Swiss Govt.

cheers 

All that verbiage and you still can't answer a simple question.

Should rules be obeyed or not?

• Thumbs Up 2

2 minutes ago, fygjam said:

What is the matter.... you go on and put across a post with verbiage ..I take to the time to reply to your post... but it seems when people reply in the style you do it is wrong...555.

I have answered you.... my opinion/view is the same in that fforest  point is correct.

cheers

1 minute ago, roobob said:

What is the matter.... you go on and put across a post with verbiage ..I take to the time to reply to your post... but it seems when people reply in the style you do it is wrong...555.

I have answered you.... my opinion/view is the same in that fforest  point is correct.

cheers

1349423812767_3682272.png

Un-vaxxed?

Just go home...with your hamburger if you must.

In-N-Out shuts all Contra Costa County outposts for indoor dining after vaccine mandate controversy

https://www.sfchronicle.com/food/article/In-N-Out-shuts-all-Contra-Costa-County-outposts-16573024.php

In-N-Out has decided to close its five Contra Costa County locations for indoor dining rather than comply with the county’s vaccine mandate.

The burger chain told the Contra Costa County health department on Wednesday that its Pleasant Hill, San Ramon, Brentwood, Pittsburg and Pinole restaurants would no longer let customers eat inside, but remain open for takeout and drive-thru orders. SFGATE reported the news first, which was confirmed by the Contra Costa County health department. (SFGATE and The San Francisco Chronicle are both owned by Hearst but operate independently.)

It’s the latest development in the fast food chain’s high-profile pushback against local vaccine requirements. In-N-Out recently violated both Contra Costa County and San Francisco’s requirement to check customers for proof of vaccination to eat inside. Health officials temporarily shut down the burger chain’s San Francisco and Pleasant Hill locations as a result.

In San Francisco, In-N-Out is again under health department investigation after reports that the restaurant was serving people inside, despite being permitted only for takeout and outdoor dining. The Fisherman’s Wharf outpost remains open for takeout and outdoor dining during the investigation. Contra Costa County health officials also fined In-N-Out for failing to check customers’ vaccine cards in Pleasant Hill and San Ramon...

14528475_web1_In-N-Out-Burger-Opens.jpg

6 minutes ago, roobob said:

cheers

So police enforcing the law is a dictatorship.

Does that apply to the RTP as well?

PS. Most other restaurants in Switzerland don't have any problem checking their patron's Covid certificate. I guess those establishments aren't run by conspiracy nut, covid denying antivaxxers.

1 hour ago, roobob said:

cheers 

So who's job would it be in a Restaurant  to make sure that customers do not smoke inside, if not the staff? It's the law after all. Perhaps, as with Covid Pass, the Owner or Manager, knows that the restaurant could be fined, and or closed, for allowing the law to be broken. 

It is impossible for the police to be everywhere at once, and that is exactly why the responsibility is given to the Proprietor to ensure that the law is being upheld. . The Chef is usually in the kitchen. It's up to the owner/manager to decide who  vets their customers at the point of entry and to know what document is required. A customer either has a Covid Pass or Not. It's hardly Rocket science and easy enough to place a Notice  in the window or entrance to make customers aware of their entry requirements, even though it is most likely that they will already know. 

Customers should also have the responsibility of knowing what the current entry requirements are for all restaurants in Switzerland. Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Belgium also have the same requirements. 

Are they too, Dictatorships? 

Remember that we are just discussing ONE restaurant out of thousands, where Police have intervened and taken affirmative action in Switzerland. Its hardly widespread, is it? 

Lets face it, in Bangkok you can be fined for dropping a cigarette butt on the pavement. 😁

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

28 minutes ago, roobob said:

cheers

Deflecting again...oh dear

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Just laws should be obeyed.

More or less forcing people to put things in their body to eat or work is wrong...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

So who's job would it be in a Restaurant  to make sure that customers do not smoke inside, if not the staff? It's the law after all. Perhaps, as with Covid Pass, the Owner or Manager, knows that the restaurant could be fined, and or closed, for allowing the law to be broken. 

It is impossible for the police to be everywhere at once, and that is exactly why the responsibility is given to the Proprietor to ensure that the law is being upheld. . The Chef is usually in the kitchen. It's up to the owner/manager to decide who  vets their customers at the point of entry and to know what document is required. A customer either has a Covid Pass or Not. It's hardly Rocket science and easy enough to place a Notice  in the window or entrance to make customers aware of their entry requirements, even though it is most likely that they will already know. 

Customers should also have the responsibility of knowing what the current entry requirements are for all restaurants in Switzerland. Italy, Spain, Germany, France and Belgium also have the same requirements. 

Remember that we are just discussing ONE restaurant out of thousands, where Police have intervened and taken affirmative action in Switzerland. Its hardly widespread, is it? 

Lets face it, in Bangkok you can be fined for dropping a cigarette butt on the pavement. 😁

On smoking...the restaurant will have no smoking signs and will ask patrons to adhere to it. If a patron refuses then the police are called to enforce the law....the owner...waiter/waitress...chef....cleaner does not enforce the law if a patron does not follow the directions.

As you brought the smoking example into it...then the same as who enforces the law for vaccinated/unvaccinated who can dine there...the Police are the ones who enforce the law if no one complies...that is what they are paid to do...that is their job. Again it is not the job of the restaurant owner...waiter/waitress...chef...cleaner to enforce the law...it is the Police.

cheers 

Edited by roobob

37 minutes ago, roobob said:

On smoking...the restaurant will have no smoking signs and will ask patrons to adhere to it. If a patron refuses then the police are called to enforce the law....the owner...waiter/waitress...chef....cleaner does not enforce the law if a patron does not follow the directions.

As you brought the smoking example into it...then the same as who enforces the law for vaccinated/unvaccinated who can dine there...the Police are the ones who enforce the law if no one complies...that is what they are paid to do...that is their job. Again it is not the job of the restaurant owner...waiter/waitress...chef...cleaner to enforce the law...it is the Police.

cheers 

The police did enforce the law in the Swiss restaurant. They found on several occasions that they were allowing filthy unvaccinated people in and took action😁 job done. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Cases at worst starting to stabilise in the UK, at best going down after the schools, offices opening etc. 

Been saying this for ages. At every stage of opening up since June there is a spike, then a spike in hospitalisations, deaths follow. 

Then it hits the wall of immunity from vaccination and natural immunity from infection, stabilises and goes down. Then hospitalisations and deaths follow. 

The doom mongers and those living in constant fear of some mad conspiracy or other will be confused and disappointed, well, ever more confused if possible.

There will be no more full UK lockdowns IMO, the end is in sight, science and vaccines are great, eh ...even with Winter, NHS always under pressure, the health fundamentalist or lefty politically motivated manics will be screaming for more restrictions, but i have faith Boris, Sanuk and Javid will not indulge them anymore. 

My life's pretty much back to normal, not quite, but pretty much, and i'm enjoying and living it again! 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

...not going to argue with 'Me & My AK"...

Ice Cube Exits Sony Comedy ‘Oh Hell No’ After Declining COVID-19 Vaccine

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/ice-cube-exits-sony-comedy-oh-hell-no-after-declining-covid-19-vaccine-1235038369/

... Sources tell THR the studio is looking to find a replacement for Ice Cube, who walked from a $9 million payday.

Throughout the pandemic, Ice Cube has promoted mask-wearing. In August, Bacone College in Oklahoma thanked the star and others for a donation of 2,000 face masks to use as personal protective equipment. In April 2020, amid COVID-19 lockdowns, he unveiled “Check Yo Self Before You Wreck Yo Self” branded T-shirts, featuring the star in a mask, in partnership with the manufacturer Black Out, with proceeds to benefit frontline health workers...

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/mps-staff-told-to-work-from-home-amid-rising-covid-cases-in-westminster/ar-AAQdQGJ

House of Commons staff have been told they should work from home and MPs have been urged to socially distance in select committees following a Covid outbreak in Westminster.

Parliamentary authorities have toughened Covid rules following a report from the UK Health Security Agency which said risk of transmission in the Palace of Westminster was now "greater".

The crackdown has also brought the cancellation of banquets and public tours, both of which give access to people who do not usually work on the parliamentary estate.

Commons authorities have said they will review the measures in a fortnight after an uptick in virus cases, including among ministers and senior parliamentary staff.

Sir Lindsay Hoyle, the Speaker, on Tuesday urged MPs to follow the tightened measures, warning that they could become tougher if cases continued to rise in a "very crucial two weeks".

"If we can get through these two weeks, I believe we're then through to next year," he said. "Numbers have been rising on both sides of the House and within staff, and unusually the transmission has been on the estate and that's why it's a greater worry than we've had before. So please, let us pull together."

The guidance for parliamentary staff to work from home if possible is not new, but came on Tuesday as a reminder in the wake of the increased transmission.

Tory MPs objected to the fact that the rule changes had been reported in the media before they were announced to MPs, despite Sir Lindsay's insistence that Government policy is first issued to the Commons.

Suggesting that the Speaker had been hypocritical, Karl McCartney, the MP for Lincoln, said: "Surely what is sauce for the goose should surely be sauce for the gander." Sir Lindsay said he was doing all he could to keep Parliament open and rebuked Mr McCartney for sending him a "pretty offensive" email on the same topic.

Following a separate rule change last week, all employees on the parliamentary estate, including MPs' researchers, journalists and external contractors, must now wear masks.

MPs are exempt from the rule because they cannot be instructed by Commons authorities, but Sir Lindsay has encouraged politicians to use coverings anyway.

Last month, a Commons source said the Covid status in Parliament was "critical" and the authorities were on "red alert".

Downing Street maintains masks are a matter of "personal choice" for MPs, in line with national guidance.

Sajid Javid, the Health Secretary, has suggested MPs should wear a face covering to set an example to the rest of the country when attending parliamentary debates, but Jacob Rees-Mogg, the Leader of the Commons, has refused to wear one.

A parliamentary spokesman said: "The House's priority is to ensure that those on the estate are safe while business is facilitated. 

"There have been recent increases in Covid-19 across the country, and these are also being reflected in Parliament. The UK Health Security Agency has determined that the risk of transmission on the parliamentary estate is now greater.

"As a consequence, some further action is being taken to ensure that case numbers do not continue to rise. The measures will be reviewed in two weeks time."

• Great Info 1

2 hours ago, lazarus said:

...not going to argue with 'Me & My AK"...

Ice Cube Exits Sony Comedy ‘Oh Hell No’ After Declining COVID-19 Vaccine

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/movies/movie-news/ice-cube-exits-sony-comedy-oh-hell-no-after-declining-covid-19-vaccine-1235038369/

... Sources tell THR the studio is looking to find a replacement for Ice Cube, who walked from a $9 million payday.

Throughout the pandemic, Ice Cube has promoted mask-wearing. In August, Bacone College in Oklahoma thanked the star and others for a donation of 2,000 face masks to use as personal protective equipment. In April 2020, amid COVID-19 lockdowns, he unveiled “Check Yo Self Before You Wreck Yo Self” branded T-shirts, featuring the star in a mask, in partnership with the manufacturer Black Out, with proceeds to benefit frontline health workers...

Walked away from a 9 million $$$ payday? Some people are just stuck on stupid!!

Edited by Kathmandu

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Apparently, but maybe you should take it up with Swiss Government 😊

Evidently, this restaurant owner set up a makeshift bar on those concrete slabs and let patrons in the back door. 

When confronted, he threatened the police by going inside to grab his gun. Then the police pummeled him and put him in the Hospital. Now he wants to sue. 

Karma is a bitch!

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I'll add to this another example, and that is enforcement of the legal drinking age law. A business that serves alcohol has the responsibility to enforce that law. If they don't they will be fined, and if they still don't comply they will be effectively closed down with the loss of their liquor license.

No dictatorships involved, a duly elected govt made the law, same as with the vaccine mandate. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

50 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I'll add to this another example, and that is enforcement of the legal drinking age law. A business that serves alcohol has the responsibility to enforce that law. If they don't they will be fined, and if they still don't comply they will be effectively closed down with the loss of their liquor license.

No dictatorships involved, a duly elected govt made the law, same as with the vaccine mandate. 

First a mandate is NOT A LAW....

Even if they made the mandate into a law, that would not make it any more right....

If anyone can not see a blanket and more or less forced medical procedure on every person on earth is abusive and  wrong.....Then there is not much hope for this world... 

Boy it would sure suck to be young now ,with the way things are....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

The police did enforce the law in the Swiss restaurant. They found on several occasions that they were allowing filthy unvaccinated people in and took action😁 job done. 

The police have taken away a Swiss owners livelyhood and the staff livelyhood because they have refuse to do the police job. As said before....the owner and the staff are not employed to be the police.

Simple solution..... get the police to do a check of patrons when open or get the Govt to pay for an extra trained security guy to check patrons. The cost/responsibility should not be passed onto the owner/staff.

cheers

Edited by roobob
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, roobob said:

The police have taken away a Swiss owners livelyhood and the staff livelyhood because they have refuse to do the police job. As said before....the owner and the staff are not employed to be the police.

Simple solution..... get the police to do a check of patrons when open or get the Govt to pay for an extra trained security guy to check patrons. The cost/responsibility should not be passed onto the owner/staff.

cheers

The amount of blather someone will churn out in order to prove their stupidity.

roob.., mission accomplished!

Oh, and the simple solution. Restaurant owners comply with the law! Business stays open, everyone still employed.

Edited by fygjam
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1