COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

Luck of the draw... (I got Moderna)... :default_es0cw:

Moderna versus Pfizer: Is one COVID vaccine more effective than the other?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Moderna-vs-Pfizer-Is-one-COVID-vaccine-more-16483305.php

... During early trials, data showed that the two mRNA vaccines were almost identical in protecting against symptomatic infection: Pfizer was shown to be 95% effective against COVID-19, while Moderna was at 94%.

But evidence from observational studies now indicates that Moderna offers 94% to 100% protection against severe illness, with Pfizer’s numbers 10 to 15 percentage points lower, the New York Times reported. In preventing infection, Moderna fared even better in two recent studies, topping Pfizer by 30 points, the Times said.

On Wednesday, the CDC shared data revealing that among adults without immunocompromising conditions, vaccine effectiveness against COVID hospitalization was higher for the Moderna vaccine (93%) than for Pfizer (88%) and Johnson & Johnson (71%). It also found that among that group, vaccine effectiveness for the Pfizer vaccine fell significantly to 77% after four months, whereas Moderna’s was unchanged.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Luck of the draw... (I got Moderna)... :default_es0cw:

Moderna versus Pfizer: Is one COVID vaccine more effective than the other?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/bayarea/article/Moderna-vs-Pfizer-Is-one-COVID-vaccine-more-16483305.php

... During early trials, data showed that the two mRNA vaccines were almost identical in protecting against symptomatic infection: Pfizer was shown to be 95% effective against COVID-19, while Moderna was at 94%.

But evidence from observational studies now indicates that Moderna offers 94% to 100% protection against severe illness, with Pfizer’s numbers 10 to 15 percentage points lower, the New York Times reported. In preventing infection, Moderna fared even better in two recent studies, topping Pfizer by 30 points, the Times said.

On Wednesday, the CDC shared data revealing that among adults without immunocompromising conditions, vaccine effectiveness against COVID hospitalization was higher for the Moderna vaccine (93%) than for Pfizer (88%) and Johnson & Johnson (71%). It also found that among that group, vaccine effectiveness for the Pfizer vaccine fell significantly to 77% after four months, whereas Moderna’s was unchanged.

Ditto... 

Waiting for the booster. Following that I may get a part time job until I either get fired for telling someone to f**k off, or flying back to Thailand. Doesn't matter which one, they'll both make me happy.   55555555555555 !

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Ditto... 

Waiting for the booster. Following that I may get a part time job until I either get fired for telling someone to f**k off, or flying back to Thailand. Doesn't matter which one, they'll both make me happy.   55555555555555 !

Getting mine this afternoon. It will be Pfizer apparently op. First two were Astra Zenica. Did a bit of research and there doesn't seem to be a problem mixing, for booster. As luck would have it, its absolutely pissing down with rain today. 

4 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Getting mine this afternoon. It will be Pfizer apparently op. First two were Astra Zenica. Did a bit of research and there doesn't seem to be a problem mixing, for booster. As luck would have it, its absolutely pissing down with rain today. 

👍

On 9/22/2021 at 3:37 AM, roobob said:

Read what I said again as I did not say that authorities have told that the vaccines will give "total protection"?? Here is what I said.... 

"Why would they even contemplate of putting the current vaccines into their children's body when even the authorities do not know how many jabs are needed to give you total protection???"

Anyway you keep sugar coating all you want.... it seems the loudest on here are some of the ones .... not all....who may be having second thoughts that they got jabbed and now are trying to convince themselves they did the right thing by continually shouting from their soapboxes to all and sundry that all should/have to be jabbed. 

cheers

No need to “sugar coat” anything, as I’m more than happy to have had 2 Covid jabs and look forward to the 3rd one in November. I also had Flu jab last Tuesday and Pneumonia jab on Saturday morning. 
There are some “pricks” like these vaccinations that I tolerate, other pricks I tend to ignore. 🤔

• Like 3

In the US, it really all come down to who you believe whether you will live after contracting Covid...or not.

"... many suburbs of New York, San Francisco and Washington, as well as much of New England — have such high vaccination rates that even the unvaccinated are partly protected by the low number of cases."...

. . .

Red Covid
Covid’s partisan pattern is growing more extreme.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/09/27/briefing/covid-red-states-vaccinations.html

During the early months of Covid-19 vaccinations, several major demographic groups lagged in receiving shots, including Black Americans, Latino Americans and Republican voters.

More recently, the racial gaps — while still existing — have narrowed. The partisan gap, however, continues to be enormous. A Pew Research Center poll last month found that 86 percent of Democratic voters had received at least one shot, compared with 60 percent of Republican voters.

The political divide over vaccinations is so large that almost every reliably blue state now has a higher vaccination rate than almost every reliably red state:

Capturemnbnm.JPGBecause the vaccines are so effective at preventing serious illness, Covid deaths are also showing a partisan pattern. Covid is still a national crisis, but the worst forms of it are increasingly concentrated in red America.

Capture3.JPG

...Some left-leaning communities — like many suburbs of New York, San Francisco and Washington, as well as much of New England — have such high vaccination rates that even the unvaccinated are partly protected by the low number of cases. Conservative communities, on the other hand, have been walloped by the highly contagious Delta variant. (You can find data for hundreds of counties here.)

Since Delta began circulating widely in the U.S., Covid has exacted a horrific death toll on red America: In counties where Donald Trump received at least 70 percent of the vote, the virus has killed about 47 out of every 100,000 people since the end of June, according to Charles Gaba, a health care analyst. In counties where Trump won less than 32 percent of the vote, the number is about 10 out of 100,000....

Just got back home from getting by booster jab. 

So far, so good, apart from noticing the formation of a third testicle and receiving BBC Radio 4 in my ears. 😁😁 10 minute wait not too bad either, although I had to punch an 80yr old cripple to the ground as she tried to push in front of me. 

Just kidding 😊

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

5 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just got back home from getting by booster jab. 

So far, so good, apart from noticing the formation of a third testicle and receiving BBC Radio 4 in my ears. 😁😁 10 minute wait not too bad either, although I had to punch an 80yr old cripple to the ground as she tried to push in front of me. 

Just kidding 😊

That's good news mate. I've only got one bollock so if you're in the mood to donate...

I'm eager to get my booster, hopefully the booster rollout will be a success and then as a Country we can drop all our restrictions and get back to hoarding petrol and toilet paper.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Butch said:

That's good news mate. I've only got one bollock so if you're in the mood to donate...

I'm eager to get my booster, hopefully the booster rollout will be a success and then as a Country we can drop all our restrictions and get back to hoarding petrol and toilet paper.

Once it is fully formed, I will send it to you in an ice box by DHL. 

Feeling a bit rough this evening, but probably only for the next 24 hrs. Slight temperature and fatigue. 

Need to keep out of the kitchen with knives flying around and sticking to me, now that I am magnetic. 

• Haha 3
  • Surprised 1

55 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Need to keep. Out of the kitchen with knives flying around and sticking to me, now that I am magnetic. 

You could try wearing a degaussing coil (pretty pink).

Commercial degaussing coil

If that isn't large enough, during WWII ships were fitted with degaussing coils to demagnetise them so they wouldn't set off magnetic mines. You may find one of those at a military surplus store.

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, fygjam said:

You could try wearing a degaussing coil (pretty pink).

Commercial degaussing coil

If that isn't large enough, during WWII ships were fitted with degaussing coils to demagnetise them so they wouldn't set off magnetic mines. You may find one of those at a military surplus store.

Will I have to remain constantly plugged into a main electricity supply for the rest of my life? 

10 hours ago, fforest said:

I don't know where Krapow went? I guess the 5G got him, or he was abducted by the illuminati shape shifting aliens...

Alien abduction: an unlikely solution to the climate crisis | Alien life |  The Guardian

Been too busy trying to get my booster sorted out.

Noticed over the weekend my fridge magnets weren't sticking to me anymore, knew it was time for the booster!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1