COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Feel free to contact the CDC, point out that they are wrong, and demand that they rewrite their website.  Do let us know how you get on.

The World Health Organisation not the CDC named the virus and the disease.

Naming the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and the virus that causes it

Official names have been announced for the virus responsible for COVID-19 (previously known as “2019 novel coronavirus”) and the disease it causes.  The official names are:

Disease 

coronavirus disease 
(COVID-19)

25 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Don't you get tired of being wrong all the time?

Next time will be the first, so no, not really.  I do get bored with you struggling to justify your unwarranted feelings of adequacy with these silly hair-splits though.

It's not uncommon to name a virus after the disease it causes.  The acronym SARS, which stands for what I said it does as even your source confirms, was around before the SARS-CoV2 virus.  I can see how a disease having two names might confuse, let's say, less sophisticated people.

So, how did you make out getting the CDC to change their website?

Edited by Rompho Ray

1 minute ago, Rompho Ray said:

So, how did you make out getting the CDC to change their website?

No need. I used the official source all along. I can't help if some organisations feel the need to dumb thing down for their less sophisticated audience.

Just now, fygjam said:

No need. I used the official source all along. I can't help if some organisations feel the need to dumb thing down for their less sophisticated audience.

It worked for you, so maybe it's worthwhile.

Out.  Feel free to make your last lame attempt to appear clever to anyone but yourself.

2 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

It worked for you, so maybe it's worthwhile.

Out.  Feel free to make your last lame attempt to appear clever to anyone but yourself.

You were wrong. Twice!

Now you're trying to weasel out of it. If that makes you feel good then so be it.

I'm well aware of your "last post wins" tactics.

Sorry, I'm not playing.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, fygjam said:

I resemble that remark. :default_biggrin: 

It's my bad for abbreviating the headline of the article SARS-CoV-2 before and after Omicron: two different viruses and two different diseases? to "But as the title implies, SARS compared to COVID is, in some respects, an apples to oranges comparison."

On 5/6/2023 at 1:29 PM, Rompho Ray said:

It's not uncommon to name a virus after the disease it causes. 

It should, by rights, be forever "The Wuhan" disease named after the city that housed the lab in which it was manufactured.

• Thumbs Up 4

10 minutes ago, Jambo said:

It should, by rights, be forever "The Wuhan" disease named after the city that housed the lab in which it was manufactured.

Or maybe the "Obola/Foucho Flu", after the administration that it was first developed under, and the guy who supplied the government funds to finance the development.

Of course, the fact that this work was first financed and developed during the presidency of Barwack Insane Obola has a lot to do with why the Washington establishment and the LMSM (redundant I realize) is so avidly covering up the origins of the virus. 

MUST.  PROTECT.  THE.  PRECIOUS.

image.jpeg

Edited by Rompho Ray

9 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Although maybe we should posthumously rename the Spanish flu, because it did not originate from Spain and more likely the US or France. 

Then there was Rubellla often known as German measles which did not originate in Germany

Viruses don't have passports or Nationalities are often transfered from.animals to humans or they mutate in whatever country or environment that can host them. 

Whether C19 came from a wet market in Wuhan or a laboratory will be up for debate for many years to come  

• Like 1

Meanwhile, back to board members and data which don't fit that description:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-01483-2?utm_source=Nature+Briefing&utm_campaign=651bed02a7-briefing-dy-20230505&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c9dfd39373-651bed02a7-42575255

"Samples collected at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan, China, in the early weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic are of limited value for pinpointing which animal species — if any — infected people at the market, according to a new analysis1.

Two previous analyses of the data described genetic material from various wild animals, suggesting it was possible that these animals could have passed the virus to people at the market. The new analysis attempts to identify the specific animal responsible for the spillover — but comes up empty.

'I would basically describe this as a negative result,' says Jesse Bloom, a virologist at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center in Seattle, Washington, who conducted the latest analysis, which has not yet been peer reviewed. 'It doesn’t say either way whether there were ever any infected animals in the market,” he says. 'It doesn’t say what the origin of the virus is.'

[...]

Bloom analysed data on genetic material detected in swabs collected at the Huanan market by scientists at the Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention (China CDC) after the market was closed on 1 January 2020 owing to concerns about an emerging virus, which was later named SARS-CoV-2. In February 2022, scientists at the China CDC published a preprint paper2 that revealed the presence of SARS-CoV-2 in a small number of environmental samples — from stalls, floors and walls — taken at the market. But the China CDC did not report on animal sequences detected in those samples and did not release the underlying data."

More at link, including external links.

TL;DR:  Despite what governments claim, and their credulous sheep believe without question, there's still no evidence that the virus came from animals being sold in a wet market in Wuhan.  In fact, even samples previously collected and claimed to provide such evidence does not.

Edited by Rompho Ray

10 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

Meanwhile, back to board members and data which don't fit that description:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-01483-2?utm_source=Nature+Briefing&utm_campaign=651bed02a7-briefing-dy-20230505&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c9dfd39373-651bed02a7-42575255

"Samples collected at the Huanan Seafood Wholesale Market in Wuhan, China, in the early weeks of the COVID-19 pandemic are of limited value for pinpointing which animal species — if any — infected people at the market, according to a new analysis1.

Two previous analyses of the data described genetic material from various wild animals, suggesting it was possible that these animals could have passed the virus to people at the market. The new analysis attempts to identify the specific animal responsible for the spillover — but comes up empty.

'I would basically describe this as a negative result,” says Jesse Bloom, a virologist at the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Center in Seattle, Washington, who conducted the latest analysis, which has not yet been peer reviewed. “It doesn’t say either way whether there were ever any infected animals in the market,” he says. “It doesn’t say what the origin of the virus is.'"

More at link, including external links.

TL;DR:  There's still no evidence that the virus came from animals being sold in a wet market in Wuhan.

That negates the Bat Soup Flu nickname. then😁 is there any evidence that it came from a lab either?

8 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

That negates the Bat Soup Flu nickname. then😁 is there any evidence that it came from a lab either?

From the article.

Still, Débarre emphasizes that the latest analysis is important, because it independently confirms that specific wild animals capable of being infected with SARS-CoV-2 were at the market before its closure. It also shows that those animals were located in the part of the market linked to the most human cases, which, she says, adds weight to the hypothesis that the pandemic had a natural origin.

Just now, Nightcrawler said:

That negates the Bat Soup nickname. then😁

It was coined to make fun of people who believe that, so not really.  :default_bellyemoticon:

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

is there any evidence that it came from a lab either?

Well, there's evidence that parts of the genome would be hard to find in naturally-occuring coronaviruses.

Here's an example:

https://www.caltech.edu/about/news/the-debate-over-origins-of-sars-cov-2

"'Caltech's David Baltimore, president emeritus and Distinguished Professor of Biology, is a virologist who received the Nobel Prize for his research into viral genetics.

[...]

Now, within the SARS-CoV-2 genome there is an insertion of 12 nucleotides that is entirely foreign to the beta-coronavirus class of virus that SARS-CoV-2 is in. There are many other viruses in this class, including the closest relative of SARS-CoV-2 by sequence, and none of them have this sequence. The sequence is called the furin cleavage site.

To back up a little bit: In order to infect a cell, the spike protein on the surface of viruses like SARS-CoV-2 needs to first be cut, or cleaved. The cut needn't be terribly exact, but it needs to be cut. Different viruses attract different kinds of cellular 'scissors,' so to speak, to make this cut; the furin cleavage site attracts the furin protein providing the most efficient way to make a cut. You don't need a furin cleavage site to cut the protein, but it makes the virus more efficiently infectious.

So where did it come from in SARS-CoV-2? There are other viruses that have furin cleavage sites, other coronaviruses, though not the family of beta-coronaviruses. So this sequence's nucleotides could have hopped from some other virus. No one has identified a virus that has exactly this sequence, but it could have come from something close, then evolved into the sequence that we see today.

I'm perfectly willing to believe that happened, but I don't think it's the only way that that sequence could have appeared. The other way is that somebody could have put it in there. You can't distinguish between the two origins from just looking at the sequence. So, naturally, you want to know were there people in the virology laboratory in Wuhan who were manipulating viral genetic sequences? It's really a question of history: What happened?

When I first saw the sequence of the furin cleavage site—as I've said, other beta coronaviruses don't have that site—it seemed to me a reasonable hypothesis that somebody had put it in there. Now, I don't know if that's true or not, but I do know that it's a hypothesis that must be taken seriously."

In fact, there is evidence that the Bat Soup Flu virus contains a snip of the HIV virus genome:

https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2020.01.30.927871v1

"The evolution of 2019-nCoV remains elusive. We found 4 insertions in the spike glycoprotein (S) which are unique to the 2019-nCoV and are not present in other coronaviruses. Importantly, amino acid residues in all the 4 inserts have identity or similarity to those in the HIV-1 gp120 or HIV-1 Gag. Interestingly, despite the inserts being discontinuous on the primary amino acid sequence, 3D-modelling of the 2019-nCoV suggests that they converge to constitute the receptor binding site. The finding of 4 unique inserts in the 2019-nCoV, all of which have identity /similarity to amino acid residues in key structural proteins of HIV-1 is unlikely to be fortuitous in nature."

The topic is, or course, not settled, and I never said it was.

26 minutes ago, fygjam said:

From the article.

Still, Débarre emphasizes that the latest analysis is important, because it independently confirms that specific wild animals capable of being infected with SARS-CoV-2 were at the market before its closure. It also shows that those animals were located in the part of the market linked to the most human cases, which, she says, adds weight to the hypothesis that the pandemic had a natural origin.

Not much weight, considering that it doesn't indicate whether the animals were infected by the humans, or vice versa.  I note that the statement was qualified as "those animals were located in the part of the market linked to the most human cases", so it would also make perfect sense that animals that could be infected by this virus would be infected by humans, rather than the other way around.

I also note that "Débarre" is described in the article as "Florence Débarre, an evolutionary biologist at the French national research agency CNRS in Paris, who co-authored the first report on the animal sequences", i.e. a government scientist whose work this study debunks ...err, challenges.

As I said, the debate is not settled.  Open-minded people are willing to read both sides of the debate.

Edited by Rompho Ray
  • Like 1

And then

Column: A Nobel laureate backs off from claiming a ‘smoking gun’ for the COVID-19 lab-leak theory

Here’s the problem: Baltimore regrets using the phrase “smoking gun” to describe his conclusion, and doesn’t agree that it validates the lab-leak theory.

Baltimore told me by email that he made the statement to Wade, also by email, and granted him permission to use it in print. But he added that he “should have softened the phrase ‘smoking gun’ because I don’t believe that it proves the origin of the furin cleavage site but it does sound that way. I believe that the question of whether the sequence was put in naturally or by molecular manipulation is very hard to determine but I wouldn’t rule out either origin.

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2021-06-08/nobel-laureate-baltimore-smoking-gun-for-the-covid-lab-leak-theory

Edited by fygjam

Maybe Spanish and Hong Kong Flu were also man made??🙃 or were they mutations found in animals.

Sars existed before the mutation of C19 and its own mutations. 

Viruses in one form or another have existed for thousands of years and had to come from somewhere. 

I have an open mind and neither theories regarding the sauce of what is name Covid 19 have been proved conclusively. 

Was it leaked from a laboratory? Was it deliberately engineered as a biological weapon, or was it a Sars mutations from.animal to humans?

Scientists seem to have different views depending on their own research. Then of course there are political repercussions involved  

I doubt we will ever know for sure.

It's one of those moonlanding scenarios 😃

It's easier to blame humans than a Virus or nature,  I guess in a world of suspicion  

If the C19 virus was squarely laid at the feet of the Chinese,its still unlikely that they will be held to account and financial recompense to the world demanded. The Chinesecwould certainly never admit it, for sure.

Where did the common cold come from? Where did influenza originate?. Since the dawn of civilisation, viruses and diseases have been a threat to both man and beast. 

I donr need to read pages of research by hundreds of authors to know that  

Some believe that Covid 19 was a punishment by God. 

Viruses seem more adaptable than humans. 

9 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Maybe Spanish and Hong Kong Flu were also man made?

The technology didn't exist to make them directly like we do now, although it's possible that someone cultured the viruses in a lab the old fashioned way I suppose. 

The reason that the gain of function research was going on with the Bat Soup Flu virus, that (purportedly) was released by the lab leak, was that they (purportedly) wanted to get a jump on ways to combat the next pandemic, and also to do research into designing vaccines for emerging new threats.  This is common knowledge, so should be easy to find sources.

What's not so commonly discussed (and certainly not in the LMSM) is that the BSF "vaccines" seemed to appear almost immediately after the discovery of the virus itself, rather than after the years-long effort it usually takes.  Certainly, the advancements in gene sequencing make this process faster, but that should only have been the very beginning of the process.  Yet we had "vaccines" going into arms by the end of 2020, barely a year after the virus itself was detected (purportedly). 

To some folks that seems rather too rapid for them not to have had some sort of head start.  Such as if the lab leak theory was true.  

Just sayin' like...  :default_ball:

49 minutes ago, Rompho Ray said:

The technology didn't exist to make them directly like we do now, although it's possible that someone cultured the viruses in a lab the old fashioned way I suppose. 

The reason that the gain of function research was going on with the Bat Soup Flu virus, that (purportedly) was released by the lab leak, was that they (purportedly) wanted to get a jump on ways to combat the next pandemic, and also to do research into designing vaccines for emerging new threats.  This is common knowledge, so should be easy to find sources.

What's not so commonly discussed (and certainly not in the LMSM) is that the BSF "vaccines" seemed to appear almost immediately after the discovery of the virus itself, rather than after the years-long effort it usually takes.  Certainly, the advancements in gene sequencing make this process faster, but that should only have been the very beginning of the process.  Yet we had "vaccines" going into arms by the end of 2020, barely a year after the virus itself was detected (purportedly). 

To some folks that seems rather too rapid for them not to have had some sort of head start.  Such as if the lab leak theory was true.  

Just sayin' like...  :default_ball:

That being the case, why would they develop a vaccine that would be useless, as you mentioned on an earlier post? Surely if the virus was engineered in the first instance, they would have been able to develop an effective virus. But...... ....

As I understand it, the vaccines were never meant to stop you contracting the virus, but to help fight the symptoms. That's why they were recommended for the clinically vulnerable and over 60s. 

The research and development was very rapid, but was because some world  governments commissioned a rapid response to what the public wanted as part of the solution to fighting the C19 virus. 

It's a minefield and probably will go on for a long time with NO conclusive answers. 

The one thing that I personally celebrate, is the fact that mutations after Delta have been far less life threatening and that in the Main, our lives are gradually resuming back to normality. I am just glad that I never caught it (knowingly) and I am alive. Others were less fortunate. 

There are all sorts of theories bubbling around on social media in.particular. all of them offer some substance or justification. 

It's pick n mix as to what we individually chose to believe.  None of it makes a difference now. 

As for current vaccine boosters, it's a personal choice without prejudice or restriction.  

43 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

It's pick n mix as to what we individually chose to believe.  None of it makes a difference now. 

As for current vaccine boosters, it's a personal choice without prejudice or restriction.  

Exactly.

Why some  continue to :default_deadhorse: is mind boggling.

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

That being the case, why would they develop a vaccine that would be useless, as you mentioned on an earlier post?

I assume it wasn't intentional.

As I understand it, the vaccines were never meant to stop you contracting the virus, but to help fight the symptoms.

As I previously showed, including with links to actual emails between the various interested parties, this was the fallback position after it was shown that the "vaccines" didn't work.

The research and development was very rapid, but was because some world  governments commissioned a rapid response to what the public wanted as part of the solution to fighting the C19 virus.

As I said.  However, I also said that a lot of people who should know are questioning whether the technology existed to develop the "vaccines" that quickly.

The one thing that I personally celebrate, is the fact that mutations after Delta have been far less life threatening and that in the Main, our lives are gradually resuming back to normality.

Yep, and right after everybody decided they'd had enough, and giant street protests against the mitigation measures flared up in countries around the world.  "Science" sure works in mysterious ways sometimes.  

It's pick n mix as to what we individually chose to believe.

Well, I choose to believe that there are facts and good arguments on both sides of the question.  I prefer to collect and study those, rather than "choosing to believe" something because someone else thinks I should do that.  Call me picky.

Never said anything to the contrary.  If people want to inject themselves full of this vaccine, or red dye #3, or pee, or whatever else, as long as they're mentally competent to make that decision, I have no objection.

36 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Why some  continue to :default_deadhorse: is mind boggling.

Because there's a difference between personal choice and what was done during the "pandemic".  

As I said, if you decide to inject yourself with pee believing that it will cure the Bat Soup Flu, no problem.  I'll even supply the pee.  However, if the government forces you to inject pee, their reasons hold little to no water (so to speak), and you don't want to for whatever reason, I'm also behind you on that.

Personally, I prefer to understand exactly why governments reacted the way they did, including whether or not we should have let them overstep their authority, whether granted by a Constitution, the Magna Carta, or any other form of social contract.  And, I personally don't put anything into my body unless I have a pretty good idea that it's safe.  Especially pee.

To me, the act of not being a blindly-obedient sheeple waiting for the next ridiculous demand from the government is not :default_deadhorse:, it's being a responsible citizen, and a responsible adult.  I accept that there are people who don't care about being either of these, although I don't quite understand why they would prefer to silence those of us who are asking perfectly valid questions. 

Granted though, that's a discussion for a different thread.  In this one, I'll stick to facts, exactly like I have all along.

Edited by Rompho Ray