COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

27 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I always wondered who is in charge of the World, I am excited to finally find out.

Please enlighten me.

Ask Krapow.....I have told him the name many times....

But seriously....Surely anyone must agree that there is a greater intelligence running the Eath Show...Than these jokes of people who pass as politicians....

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

The Unseen Hand 😁😁😁

His name's Bill, lives in a shack on a desert island with a parrot and a goldfish. The parrot has been trained to take messages around the world - the goldfish was supposed to also do this but kept forgetting what the message was.

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, fforest said:

Surely anyone must agree that there is a greater intelligence running the Eath Show...Than these jokes of people who pass as politicians....

The King of Cartoons runs the world. Everyone knows that...

https://peewee.fandom.com/wiki/King_of_Cartoons

💥 💥 💥

BA7Iz1KCYAEfKl6.jpg

💥 💥 💥

He's the one...you know because he's got an action figure.

s-l1200.webp

Edited by lazarus
lol
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, fforest said:

But seriously....Surely anyone must agree that there is a greater intelligence running the Eath Show...Than these jokes of people who pass as politicians....

I don't think so, at least for the shit show in the US for the past decade.

Most of our customers were US Federal government agencies, like HUD, FEMA, etc. It never failed to shock me at how incompetent those Agencies were run. Doesn't matter which party is in power.

It's embarrassing.

• Thumbs Up 2

45 minutes ago, Trip said:

I don't think so, at least for the shit show in the US for the past decade.

Most of our customers were US Federal government agencies, like HUD, FEMA, etc. It never failed to shock me at how incompetent those Agencies were run. Doesn't matter which party is in power.

It's embarrassing.

I was on a consulting contract paid for by HUD. Like you, saw first hand the utter incompetence in that agency from the top on down. What a waste of my tax dollars.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, fforest said:

That would be Gaia

image.jpeg

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

I was on a consulting contract paid for by HUD. Like you, saw first hand the utter incompetence in that agency from the top on down. What a waste of my tax dollars.

One of the most offensive parts of it for me is that they are virtually immune to correction, cannot be fired, lifetime employment or for as long as they want no matter what the performance or lack thereof.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 1 month later...

oh no..! 😷

. . .

"If you’re at high risk of serious illness or death from Covid-19, it’s time to dust off those N95 masks and place them snugly over your nose and mouth to protect yourself from a recent uptick of the virus, according to a growing number of experts." ...

Screenshot 2023-08-23 130447.jpg

https://edition.cnn.com/2023/08/23/health/masks-covid-surge-wellness/index.html

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Winner, winner...no chicken dinner. 🙁

Seems there's a first time for everything. 

I'm super busy right now and will unfortunately have to stay out of sight for at least 5 days.

Should have worn a mask on the city bus earlier in the week.

. . .

mini-20230831_163628.jpg

mini-20230831_163640.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

I'm super busy right now and will unfortunately have to stay out of sight for at least 5 days.

. . .

mini-20230831_163628.jpg

mini-20230831_163640.jpg

I am happy for you....When is the baby due....

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

17 hours ago, lazarus said:

. . .

mini-20230831_163628.jpg

mini-20230831_163640.jpg

I have been a bit out of sorts this week and did a test, fortunately came back negative. 20230829_224712.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, boydeste said:

I have been a bit out of sorts this week and did a test, fortunately came back negative. 20230829_224712.jpg

Last night I had major league squirts, and puked my guts out. Still very queasy, but I think I have gotten through the worst of it.

I haven't had anything like this for over two years, and the symptoms are very similar.

On the good side of things I have a better understanding of what the cause of my purging and associated overall worn our feeling is.

Two nights ago I partook in some serious behind action. The last time I tasted anything like that  was two years ago.

Another good thing about it is I know it isn't Covid or flu.

The bad thing about it is no sleep and realized I have to give up one of my favorite pastimes.

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

I don't see the point of testing for Covid now. Same as I don't test myself if I have cold or flu symptoms.

Testing positive won't change what I do when I have symptoms of being sick. I stay at home, drink plenty of fluids, take meds to alleviate the symptoms, and stay away from others so I don't pass on whatever bug I have. So what's the point of testing if you have Covid?

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I stay at home, drink plenty of fluids, take meds to alleviate the symptoms, and stay away from others so I don't pass on whatever bug I have. So what's the point of testing if you have Covid?

You have the luxury of doing that. Some of us don't.

I live with my young daughter and have to take care of her (e.g., prepare food, rides to/from school, soccer practice, etc.). She did not test positive earlier this morning. And, we skipped soccer practice today. We're being super careful.

Covid symptoms (at least the current variant) can mimic other viruses and bacterial infections. Yesterday, when I first started feeling ill, I thought it might even be allergies as we just had a few hot days and many plants are flowering. Then the severe aches and pains started as well as a fever.

I just picked up course of Paxlovid that was prescribed a few hours ago by my doctor who I met with on a video conference. I could not have gotten it otherwise without a positive teat and a doctor's prescription. I'm in the group that is automatically recommended to take Paxlovid (65yo., asthma).

The doctor's recommendation is to isolate for five days and then wear a mask for five more day if symptom free. No need to test again.

. . .

Treating COVID-19 at home: Care tips for you and others

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/treating-covid-19-at-home/art-20483273

"... adults over age 65 and people of any age with existing long-lasting (chronic) medical conditions should call their health care provider as soon as symptoms start. These factors put people at greater risk of becoming seriously ill with COVID-19. People with these conditions who get COVID-19 may also be eligible for certain treatments. These treatments need to start within a few days after symptoms start.

13 Things To Know About Paxlovid, the Latest COVID-19 Pill

https://www.yalemedicine.org/news/13-things-to-know-paxlovid-covid-19

"... Paxlovid is an oral antiviral pill that can be taken at home to help keep high-risk patients from getting so sick that they need to be hospitalized. So, if you test positive for the coronavirus and you are eligible to take the pills, you can take them at home and lower your risk of going to the hospital.

The drug, developed by Pfizer, has a lot of positives: It had an 89% reduction in the risk of hospitalization and death in unvaccinated people in the clinical trial that supported the EUA, a number that was high enough to prompt the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to prioritize it over other COVID-19 treatments.

• Like 1

I tested for similar reasons, I am sat at the Eurotunnel, just starting out on a road trip in France. 

Whilst it wouldn't have stopped me coming,  I would have kept myself isolated rather than going out for a meal last night and generally circulating.

As it happens I feel fine now so what ever bug it was has passed.

• Thumbs Up 2