Because I've been a naughty boy and grounded, i thought i would download some movies, the hard part here is thinking of any good films so help please any suggestions.

Anyway Only film i could think of was 1917.  Went on Pirate Bay found it and downloaded it through a torrent.  It can vary with download time depending on No of seeders.

After a bit of fannying around i went onto files to see if it had started. not only started but finished in about 5mins at top quality.

Next day I asked hotel boss an Indian Guy, was his internet fibre, he said no its 5G.

I cant even get 5G in my home town Newport Pagnell. 

Before my flight was cancelled I was stay at the Royal Suits LK Soi Baukow, Although I got it a good Price, I was paying for the breakfast that I did not want, so decided to move to the above. I'm paying 550b a night (I've now gone monthly so paying even less.) and i cant knock it, no lift but i'm on first floor. Good water pressure and piping hot, good staff and balcony overlooking road. nice foyer with pool table,  And now i find out it got 5G.

Unless someone is going to burst my bubble and tell me they do not have 5G in Pattaya.  Is 5G better than Fibre and whats the difference?   

Thailand doesn't have a 5G network yet. The 5G in the hotel is 5G WiFi which is shorthand for 5Ghz WiFi. It's a faster connection with greater range, but the speed will still be bound by whatever plan they have with their ISP.

Edited by forcebwithu
I was wrong about greater range. 2.4Ghz has longer range
  • Like 2
  • Great Info 1

You're not using the 5GHz mentioned by forcebwithu but 2.4GHz so quite reasonable.

Off topic, but was your hotel formerly "LK on 19" and is now an OYO hotel?  I'm nervous about anything OYO.

You're not using the 5GHz mentioned by forcebwithu but 2.4GHz so quite reasonable. Off topic, but was your hotel formerly "LK on 19" and is now an OYO hotel?  I'm nervous about anything OYO.

Yes it was. I know what you mean about OYO, they have many in AC.  But this one is OK, I am more than happy here. the Royal I was paying 1250b a night and I Prefer this place.  

4b6a2b3502ae607e9e3217c0dc1fc05a.jpg

1bbc531b96ddfb6afbb4f1c31fd5c43c.jpgab2ace9ab6e526461458626d98aa5566.jpg1de0059a1a311d23219e46b3dc0d0650.jpg1abf1d74860be144d28a4cf6eebcdf6e.jpg12157c2c6df79999774ac65b19020e13.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

What speed are the fibre internet modems running at these days?

On our company WAN network we have a lot of 1G and 10G fibre links.

I have 200M/200M True fibre for 599B/month. Can't imagine what that would cost in western countries.

9295432127.png

There is a difference between G and G.

2.4G and 5G indicate the frequency (gigahertz) of which the wireless signal is transmitted.

Other G can indicate 1000 Mbit per second, the bandwidth of the signal, either wireless or wired. 

Whoever decided to shorten both terms (GigaHertz/GHz and GigaBits per second/GMbps) to  simply G, ought to be castrated with a unsharp piece of broken copper and then force fed his own genitals.