BBC has banned Rule Britannia and Land of Hope and Glory

nampla69

BBC just announce they will not play Rule Britannia and Land of Hope and Glory at the last night of the proms even though nobody is there.

They're music and fun ..........

Some black professor aka professional trouble maker with an O-Level in woodwork and a degree in shit stirrinng from some old polytechnic in Stoke or somewhere  Kehinde Andrews objected.

We all cave in ......... I am the least fucking racist bloke on this planet but please ........................ worth a read chaps and I fucking detest racism.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/24/axeing-rule-britannia-bbc-proms-would-erase-history-culture/

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Sad 1

Not quite true , but never let that get in the way of a headline to distract from the real news ( C19 , Brexit negotiations and exams f**k up .... ) 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-53895000

Orchestral versions of Rule, Britannia! and Land Of Hope And Glory will be performed at the Last Night Of The Proms, the BBC has confirmed.

It had been reported the songs could be dropped over concerns of associations with colonialism and slavery.

The pieces are usually sung but will be performed without lyrics this year, although they are expected to be back in full when the pandemic is over.

The concert is due to take place on 12 September but without an audience.

In a statement on Monday evening, BBC Proms said it was announcing the concert's programme following recent speculation.

It said there would be new orchestral versions of Land Of Hope And Glory, and Rule, Britannia!, as well as a new arrangement of Jerusalem.

"With much reduced musical forces and no live audience, the Proms will curate a concert that includes familiar, patriotic elements such as Jerusalem and the National Anthem, and bring in new moments capturing the mood of this unique time, including You'll Never Walk Alone, presenting a poignant and inclusive event for 2020," the statement said.

Edited by Stillearly
  • Thumbs Up 2

They'll be going after Jerusalem next ................ makes Satanists trigger woke moments ....................mad world ........ where is BM Krapow with his Shankill Billy Boys songs . Fenian blood etc ....... 

Great tunes ...... me old ma said Proddys have all the best tunes ........ I disagreed but hey. Catholic songs all seemed to be about failures and martyrs etc

Ray posted some good ones a while back Sean South of Garryowen etc .......... they got shot before they got to their target. Great song however...

bit like Kevin Barry he was only 17 Cork boy I believe. ???

Edited by nampla69

2020 will be remembered as the year of complete madness, stupidity, loss of any sense of realism, and Trumpet advertisement ! 

Even the mad Greta has given up on it and is back to school .....

Good time to live on an exotic island, away from all this B.S !    🏄‍♂️🏄‍♂️🏊‍♂️🏊‍♂️🍻🍻🍹🍹🥂🥂🥂

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Mon ami fabuleuse. Absolument. Je desteste Greta avec un grand passion elle est une complement jeune  imbecile.

Pardonnez moi pour mon grammar et bientôt. 

Fully agreed. She is a mad little witch. Manipulated. Worse is her parents let it happen ...

Hopefully she fades away in the darkness. Enough mad politicians on earth already ! 

Bon, swimming pool time here ! 

• Thumbs Up 1

Just now, Thai Spice said:

Fully agreed. She is a mad little witch. Manipulated. Worse is her parents let it happen ...

Hopefully she fades away in the darkness. Enough mad politicians on earth already ! 

Vive la France

Vive la Republique

et Vive fromage Francais et vin rouge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Thai Spice said:

JM,

there was another deluded schoolgirl back in the early 2000s,anound the same time of the Rio climate bullshit,saying things like the world will fail before 2012,where is she now?

I reckon she is maybe seeing her early 20s in a padded room.

regards

grayray

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, nampla69 said:

They'll be going after Jerusalem next ................ makes Satanists trigger woke moments ....................mad world ........ where is BM Krapow with his Shankill Billy Boys songs . Fenian blood etc ....... 

Great tunes ...... me old ma said Proddys have all the best tunes ........ I disagreed but hey. Catholic songs all seemed to be about failures and martyrs etc

Ray posted some good ones a while back Sean South of Garryowen etc .......... they got shot before they got to their target. Great song however...

khun S

know it is irish but its great,

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, nampla69 said:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Never understood why so many old men hate a young woman with Aspergers so much .... when all she is doing is trying to point out the damage we are doing to the place we live  ... .

"You don't know what you've got 'till its gone."

When a whale dies because its stomach and intestines are full of plastic bags one has to ask what the f**k are we doing to the world we all reside?

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Jambo said:

When a whale dies because its stomach and intestines are full of plastic bags one has to ask what the f**k are we doing to the world we all reside?

Well, stop eating food bought in a plastic bag or styrofoam box at the market.  That would be a good start.

And stop using condoms as well...

Save the whales, every bit helps !

😁😁😁😁😁

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, nampla69 said:

BBC just announce they will not play Rule Britannia and Land of Hope and Glory at the last night of the proms even though nobody is there.

They're music and fun ..........

Some black professor aka professional trouble maker with an O-Level in woodwork and a degree in shit stirrinng from some old polytechnic in Stoke or somewhere  Kehinde Andrews objected.

We all cave in ......... I am the least fucking racist bloke on this planet but please ........................ worth a read chaps and I fucking detest racism.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2020/08/24/axeing-rule-britannia-bbc-proms-would-erase-history-culture/

Namps,

just for you mate

Edited by grayray
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Stillearly said:

"With much reduced musical forces and no live audience, the Proms will curate a concert that includes familiar, patriotic elements such as Jerusalem and the National Anthem, and bring in new moments capturing the mood of this unique time, including You'll Never Walk Alone, presenting a poignant and inclusive event for 2020," the statement said.

Personally I don't give a toss about Liverpool winning the EPL. 🤣

I doubt this will go down well with the "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" crowd, lol.

But hey, according to the papers, young people these days are seriously intimidated by full stops. Clearly, "Snowflake" is a far too muscular description of them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Toy Boy said:

I doubt this will go down well with the "Disgusted of Tunbridge Wells" crowd, lol.

But hey, according to the papers, young people these days are seriously intimidated by full stops. Clearly, "Snowflake" is a far too muscular description of them.

Think it's the right wing newspapers that are being snowflakes over this and trying to create a story where there isn't one ...it's just a song , but because of C19 and social distancing there won't be the same atmosphere for the last night on this occasion , so they are modifying the playlist ... far more important things going on ....