THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY

tommy dee

14 hours ago, Jambo said:

I genuinely did not know we had a political section. :default_biggrin:

Personally I have nothing but contempt for politicians, all politicians, of all political persuasions and nationality.

The vast majority are all cut from the same cloth being power seeking, egotistical, inveterate liars prepared to abandon any and all principals when expedient to do so to serve their own ends.

Democracy is an illusion.

Neither did I.  Happy to keep it that way.

On 12/19/2020 at 2:53 AM, Esco said:

I left the Politics club a couple weeks ago as I noticed it going downhill quickly. 

Not defending what Alias did, but some members should take a good look at themselves because he for sure was bullied by a gang of liberals for having a different opinion. 

Edited by CalEden

6 hours ago, CalEden said:

quoted text
"
...some members should take a good look at themselves because he for sure was bullied by a gang of liberals for having a different opinion. "

I'll be sure to light a Christmas candle for him. 

It's certainly tough to be bullied in the "Politics Club." 😉

Capture.JPG

• 3 months later...
17 minutes ago, biggles said:

He may have used google images BUT he knew the right address to look for! That is the concerning part

Years ago ('07) on that now defunct Ssss forum I started off with a nickname version of my 'real' name for my "handle"...easy to figure it out with a lot of people addressing each other by first names. My mistake, but back then some people were a little more casual about their online activities. I had a number of good friends from that board; some of them still on this one as well.

Google a 'real' name and a city...viola...an address will come up. One more step to the map & photo. Basically, if you put any personal info on the internet...you put your "right to privacy" in the backseat. Public records are available to anyone who looks.

My neighbor mentioned today that he saw me on Google Earth...made me think of this thread.
The guy who sent me the PM is no longer on this forum. Too bad really. 

Some strange people in the world.

It's not rocket science to put enough pieces together to identify some BM's who they are IRL. Depends how much personal info BM's put into posts, and not necessarily all at one time. But it would take effort on another BM's part to pull the history of posts together to paint enough of a picture to identify who an anonymous BM really is. For a BM to do that doesn't speak highly of their character.

Alias stating he has a "very particular set of skills" is just a blowhard, but rightly needed to be booted from the forum for his veiled threat against a fellow BM.

• Thumbs Up 4