THE RIGHT TO PRIVACY

tommy dee

56 minutes ago, Krapow said:

can remember when the Secrets boys first came to this forum complaining that Secrets had turned into a US Political forum, oh how i laughed, wouldn't happen here i chortled .

Spot on.

This is exactly the risk I mentionned to a mod many months ago.

Let more than 4 Americans on a forum and they will turn it into a nonsense political shitfest. They just can't help it, it's in their DNA.

One the very few exceptions being @code_slayer_bkk.

Going through the hassle of finding a personnal adress....some sick fucks around these Thailand forums ! 

Edited by Thai Spice
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 3

18 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Spot on.

This is exactly the risk I mentionned to a mod many months ago.

Let more than 4 Americans on a forum and they will turn it into a nonsense political shitfest. They just can't help it, it's in their DNA.

One the very few exceptions being @code_slayer_bkk.

Going through the hassle of finding a personnal adress....some sick fucks around these Thailand forums ! 

Absolutely, a banning's the very least he deserves. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

It's obviously  that's banned. I haven't logged on in a couple of days but been able to work it out.

Not sure what the issue is with people not saying who it is.

Privacy.

6 hours ago, Krapow said:

Totally deserved to be banned as well, from just reading why, as anyone would be

Can't say i'm surprised though either, to be fair. I could say a lot more, but i won't ...

I agree on the totally deserved from what I read about it. I am a bit surprised though is the described actions are a bit more extreme that I expected even from him.

Edited by Nickrock
Naming the culprit

6 minutes ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

Who's to say he just creates another "alias" and re joins ?

f**k the law when it comes to revenge ... just be smart about it ...

When a man sets out on revenge, he must first dig two graves.

Besides that, I strongly recommend upholding the eleventh commandment (thou shalt not get caught).

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Krapow said:

After what he did, f**k his privacy, he lost any right to that once he did what he did, the sick f**k!

TBH I think it's more bluster, but you never know. Better safe than sorry, especially when you're dealing with potential nut jobs.

Edited by Kathmandu

46 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Maybe for us that don't want to be part of these clubs can either be told who the culprit is or otherwise the thread could have been posted there.

sorry mate, the thread is here for a purpose.  to make it clear to all, not just the politicos that its not acceptable.  never happened here befor and wont again I am sure.  the representative from montana has been removed from the house.

anyone who is sick enough to troll another member to the extent that they can narrow down his home address, with photos and make wanton threats needs mental help not posting rights.

hope thats OK with you 😉

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

9 hours ago, Binlid said:

Same here Dave, don`t have a scooby who has been banned.

I didn't know either as I'm not on the Politics thread but I think Bodyeste's joke gave it away- you probably weren't expecting humour from him 😃

I'd bet it's the same fella who used to post on the Secrets Board  (guessing so maybe wrong) as Alice in Montana or maybe Alias 🤔 He as I recall seemed to engage in lengthy spats with other members that ran across unrelated topics- US politics seemed to be at the heart of it.

He wasn't alone in this was several others who poisoned  the board with personal spats against other members. I can think of at least one other on Secrets member who came over and has subsequently banned on here. I only mention the Secrets board as it's the only one I ever been on before- sure other boards will have their full quota of dickheads. 

I'd have zero tolerance for this

Good riddance.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Freee!! said:

If either of you really wishes to know, I suggest you DM a Mod/Admin, but if you haven't missed him yet by now, you probably won't miss him.

Really don't need to know because my friends are smart and don't get themselves banned so probably somebody who deserves it anyway lol

Just one of those infuriating threads though where you do spend a moment thinking who has gone missing and then check that all your mates are still around.

More interested in seeing some of the old members I chatted with return who have gone missing of their own accord.

I left the Politics club a couple weeks ago as I noticed it going downhill quickly. 

Not defending what Alias did, but some members should take a good look at themselves because he for sure was bullied by a gang of liberals for having a different opinion. 

• Like 4

We agreed to disagree about some things and agree another's but he (Alias) was always very polite and friendly to me.

That Politics thread was going bonkers around election time and like Esco I kind of gave up on it apart from some very funny memes.

'Why can't we all just get along??' .......

Rodney King while being battered by the LAPD I believe.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Esco said:

I left the Politics club a couple weeks ago as I noticed it going downhill quickly. 

Not defending what Alias did, but some members should take a good look at themselves because he for sure was bullied by a gang of liberals for having a different opinion. 

I very, very rarely open a Politics thread now, as it went bonkers as said, flooded the board, very much to the detriment of the board IMO.  Just offputting for me when i log on and see reams of US Political threads. Like you i am debating leaving the Political section, though don't want to, as i enjoy, or did enjoy it a bit.

That said, it's swings and roundabouts in regards to what you say. I remember a year or so ago, it was pretty much just fygjam, and he IMO used to get bullied and some proper nasty stuff said to him say on actual Politics threads or Climate Change etc, they tried to ridicule him, by the then 'gang' of Right Wingers, Alice, Ivan and co.  Was all fun and games to them then, don't remember anyone calling them out for it.  Then a few more 'arrived' who shared fygjam's views, the numbers evened up, and what i found funny as f**k and a bit pathetic if i'm honest, was the crying to Admin by them. 

Anyways, it's done now, as i said, anything that helps cut down in the neverending US Politics threads is a good thing in my world. 

• Thumbs Up 1

43 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I very, very rarely open a Politics thread now, as it went bonkers as said, flooded the board, very much to the detriment of the board IMO.  Just offputting for me when i log on and see reams of US Political threads. Like you i am debating leaving the Political section, though don't want to, as i enjoy, or did enjoy it a bit.

That said, it's swings and roundabouts in regards to what you say. I remember a year or so ago, it was pretty much just fygjam, and he IMO used to get bullied and some proper nasty stuff said to him say on actual Politics threads or Climate Change etc, they tried to ridicule him, by the then 'gang' of Right Wingers, Alice, Ivan and co.  Was all fun and games to them then, don't remember anyone calling them out for it.  Then a few more 'arrived' who shared fygjam's views, the numbers evened up, and what i found funny as f**k and a bit pathetic if i'm honest, was the crying to Admin by them. 

Anyways, it's done now, as i said, anything that helps cut down in the neverending US Politics threads is a good thing in my world. 

Since when did climate change stop being physics and become politics?  

Two different topics entirely in my opinion mate. 

Anyway, it saddens me in a way that it has come to this. I liked Alias as a poster even though I've never met the guy. 

8 minutes ago, Esco said:

Since when did climate change stop being physics and become politics?  

Two different topics entirely in my opinion mate. 

Anyway, it saddens me in a way that it has come to this. I liked Alias as a poster even though I've never met the guy. 

That's why i said Politics or  Climate change.  But the same thing happened in both, the bullying IMO, that was my point.

But yea, Politics always causes problems on any Board i have used, even helped kill Secrets according to many how came here from there. Certainly putting me off this forum. 

1 minute ago, Krapow said:

That's why i said Politics or  Climate change.  But the same thing happened in both, the bullying IMO, that was my point.

But yea, Politics always causes problems on any Board i have used, even helped kill Secrets according to many how came here from there. Certainly putting me off this forum. 

Gotcha. 

I'm very much against bullying so let me extend an olive branch by promising to stop ridiculing your CrossFit lessons. 

I've come to realize there's nothing funny about being a closet gay. 

Cheers 

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Esco said:

Gotcha. 

I'm very much against bullying so let me extend an olive branch by promising to stop ridiculing your CrossFit lessons. 

I've come to realize there's nothing funny about being a closet gay. 

Cheers 

Have you joined a gym yet in LOS, or just doing a lengths of the pool with Mikey?

40 minutes ago, Krapow said:

I appreciate your concern but I have broad shoulders, however I'm sorry but you really need to justify the highlighted statement. (Have you hacked Admin's mailbox).

From my own perspective, at one point a post accused me of supporting the exploitation of child labour in Africa. I challenged the poster to support his accusation or withdraw. He chose to do neither. This led me to point out the lack of intestinal fortitude displayed by the poster. Our ever vigilant mod team found it necessary to clean up a few post by both accuser and accused however unfortunately the initial offending post remained. I PMed the ever vigilant mod team saying that if the offending post was allowed to stand then I would have no option but to defend myself again in the same manner as before. Displaying the wisdom of Solomon the ever vigilant mod team decided that deleting that post as well would be the best course of action. If that is "crying to Admin" then so be it.

The poster in question went on to make even viler accusations against another BM in other threads and paid the ultimate penalty.

As for Alice, the saying "as ye sow, so shall ye reap" comes to mind.

My approach to politics is guided somewhat by the political dictums of a conservative Australian politician of the 60's and 70's. "Never complain, never explain" and "if you see a head, kick it".

If anyone wants a genteel political discussion over cucumber sandwiches while sipping Darjeeling tea with the pinky pointing out, ask Admin to create a softball club.