You Tube (Threads Merged)

Anwar Sadat

This is brilliant ! James Carville is one of my favorite guys ever to listen to. His is in the top 10 of mine.

*** Just to note. I have spent a little time in swamp areas similar to what he is talking about, although the area I was through was near Charleston Sa.

Fabulous, unforgettable expeirnece. 

Highly recommend that expience, for anyone.

Just loved this vid.

Edited by Glasseye

The notion of bringing in Chinese companies to the U.S. isn't going over very big.

Power to the people !

Once, years ago, I spoke at a village board meeting. It was a very hot topic in my hood at the time.

The board room was packed to the gills, people were PISSED OFF ! The board wanted to allow in some new bullsh#t housing that nobody wanted. They (the board) all thought it was a good idea.

After I spoke the place erupted, standing ovation. I stood up, put my head down and walked out.

Later I read the board rescinded the idea. They sh#tcanned the zonning change. I just smiled to myself and went back to work.

A moment that I will never forget.

Edited by Glasseye
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

The notion of bringing in Chinese companies to the U.S. isn't going over very big.

Power to the people !

Once, years ago, I spoke at a village board meeting. It was a very hot topic in my hood at the time.

The board room was packed to the gills, people were PISSED OFF ! The board wanted to allow in some new bullsh#t housing that nobody wanted. They (the board) all thought it was a good idea.

After I spoke the place erupted, standing ovation. I stood up, put my head down and walked out.

Later I read the board rescinded the idea. They sh#tcanned the zonning change. I just smiled to myself and went back to work.

A moment that I will never forget.

**** I forgot to mention.... The developers cnut lawyer was in the front row. The look on her face when i finished was priceless. I still smile thinking about it.

17 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Homeowners beware....

Every time I’ve had work done on my properties I’ve always paid the suppliers myself. Being in the trade as it were I could get it at cost price be it bricks, blocks, concrete, asphalt, roof tiles, timber, pavers etc. I always deal with and pay money directly to suppliers and never expect a contractor to pay them with my money, why should I, especially as they will normally lump in a couple of % extra costs for the privilege.  

Also I always buy all electrical equipment such as cables, plugs and sockets, in fact I never ask the contractors to purchase anything for my jobs, as they can go bust just like any company. 

At least if I’ve paid for materials with my own cash it’s on my site and I own it outright. 
Not that I don’t trust my contractors, but it’s not uncommon for one customers job to be paying for someone else’s job as cash flow may be tight or non existent. 

Edited by KhunDon

30 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Every time I’ve had work done on my properties I’ve always paid the suppliers myself. Being in the trade as it were I could get it at cost price be it bricks, blocks, concrete, asphalt, roof tiles, timber, pavers etc. I always deal with and pay money directly to suppliers and never expect a contractor to pay them with my money, why should I, especially as they will normally lump in a couple of % extra costs for the privilege.  

Also I always buy all electrical equipment such as cables, plugs and sockets, in fact I never ask the contractors to purchase anything for my jobs, as they can go bust just like any company. 

At least if I’ve paid for materials with my own cash it’s on my site and I own it outright. 
Not that I don’t trust my contractors, but it’s not uncommon for one customers job to be paying for someone else’s job as cash flow may be tight or non existent. 

You are a wise man Don.

Edited by Glasseye

51 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

You are a wise man Don.

I wouldn’t say that mate, but at least no fucking supplier is going to take me to court instead of the contractor, by using some stupid law. 😉

Personally I think that if contractor walks into a supplier and orders materials, then he/she should be the person liable to pay for them, especially if they’ve ordered them on their account, not the homeowner.

But it seems we live in a f***d up world where everyone wants to pass the Buck.   😟