You Tube (Threads Merged)

Anwar Sadat

I'm sure glad I don't have to fcuk around with the car market anymore. It's actually a reasonable probability that I will never own another one.

In 1978 I bought a used "74 Gran Torino Elite. It was sweet. I think I paid $2 k for it. I drove the snot out of it and it ended up a rusted heap, but it was a great car. Prior to that great V-8 cruiser I owned a Pinto. Following the Elite there was several others, both domestic and foreign.

My last car was a 2006 Jeep Cherokee. I wrapped that around a telephone pole in a snowstorm about six months before I moved over here. I got $800 for it at the junk yard. Good riddance bitch.

Car prices now are astronomical. Don't want anything to do with dealing with those cnuts. 

I would hate to be in the car sales business now. But, it has always been kind of feast or famine for those folks. Best of luck to them.

9 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I'm sure glad I don't have to fcuk around with the car market anymore. It's actually a reasonable probability that I will never own another one.

In 1978 I bought a used "74 Gran Torino Elite. It was sweet. I think I paid $2 k for it. I drove the snot out of it and it ended up a rusted heap, but it was a great car. Prior to that great V-8 cruiser I owned a Pinto. Following the Elite there was several others, both domestic and foreign.

My last car was a 2006 Jeep Cherokee. I wrapped that around a telephone pole in a snowstorm about six months before I moved over here. I got $800 for it at the junk yard. Good riddance bitch.

Car prices now are astronomical. Don't want anything to do with dealing with those cnuts. 

I would hate to be in the car sales business now. But, it has always been kind of feast or famine for those folks. Best of luck to them.

No different in this country - the prices people are asking for rolling junk are just absurd. I've owned scores of vehicles in my life and still maintain a fleet but if/when I throw in the towel here and move overseas, I'll probably never own another one again - public transit and cheap taxis are fine with me. I visit my friend's auto body shop most days and the stuff he shows me is appalling - trucks costing over $100K new that are built like toys, and everyday cars with $1200 taillights - just ridiculous...

3 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

No different in this country - the prices people are asking for rolling junk are just absurd. I've owned scores of vehicles in my life and still maintain a fleet but if/when I throw in the towel here and move overseas, I'll probably never own another one again - public transit and cheap taxis are fine with me. I visit my friend's auto body shop most days and the stuff he shows me is appalling - trucks costing over $100K new that are built like toys, and everyday cars with $1200 taillights - just ridiculous...

Yep. Absolute agreement. 

Everywhere I go around here I have been able to get around with ease. 

In CM I walk, bike or Grab. I never have to park, worry about taking it in, worry about accidents, dealing with insurance, or getting a DUI. 

When in Bkk I get around using the MRT or BTS, every once in a blue moon late at night grab a taxi or grab. They are everywhere and cheap (although they have risen quite a bit the past couple of years). I love to walk anyway, but it can get bloody hot at times.

Being stuck in urban car jams in a big city every day is the pits. I moved out of Chicago in the early years primarily to get away from all of that shit. In addition... winter weather is hell on a car, and my attitude. Don't want nothing to do with the shit anymore. I added several years to my life span by escaping it I believe.

• Like 2

I remember having ice on the inside of our bedroom window when I was a kid. But then back in the 50’s it wasn’t anything unusual in that.

Duvet’s were strange things back then, they had arms, brass buttons, a collar, pockets and looked exactly like one of those army greatcoats, they were even the same kaki colour. 
😉

• Thumbs Up 1

21 hours ago, KhunDon said:

I remember having ice on the inside of our bedroom window when I was a kid. But then back in the 50’s it wasn’t anything unusual in that.

Duvet’s were strange things back then, they had arms, brass buttons, a collar, pockets and looked exactly like one of those army greatcoats, they were even the same kaki colour. 
😉

The old single-pane windows in those days iced up badly - all of the windows in my house, including the french doors onto my patio, are triple-pane and some more modern installations even use four panes per unit. 

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2

1 hour ago, Lantern said:

Certainly remember waking up to ice on the inside of my bedroom windows as a kid in Lancashire.

You were lucky !!!!!

Six of us used to sit around a used candle to get warm, but only the string were left and we couldn't afford a match to light it either ....

It were so cold we used lumps of ice in t'bed to get warm....

• Haha 2