You Tube (Threads Merged)

Anwar Sadat

38 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

ACH transfers.... be aware, be very aware.

I lack the attention span to watch videos for info like this. Was this a case where customers had previously authorized the mortgage company to automatically make their monthly loan payment via an ACH transfer?

That's something I learned as a young adult never to do. Once you do you're basically giving a company carte blanche access to your account. Better and safer to set up an automatic payment from your account, rather than the other way around.

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

I lack the attention span to watch videos for info like this. Was this a case where customers had previously authorized the mortgage company to automatically make their monthly loan payment via an ACH transfer?

That's something I learned as a young adult never to do. Once you do you're basically giving a company carte blanche access to your account. Better and safer to set up an automatic payment from your account, rather than the other way around.

I understand. This guy over time has really grown on me. Often I will FF through, some issues a will pass on, some are excellent.

He also promotes The Institute For Justice. A fantastic non-profit that takes complex, expensive cases that otherwise would not be filed. Very impressive group of folks who fight against corruption and those who violate civil rights.

Yes... it is regarding massive tech failures of the transfer system, and you are spot on. You recognize this, many don't.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I understand. This guy over time has really grown on me. Often I will FF through, some issues a will pass on, some are excellent.

He also promotes The Institute For Justice. A fantastic non-profit that takes complex, expensive cases that otherwise would not be filed. Very impressive group of folks who fight against corruption and those who violate civil rights.

Yes... it is regarding massive tech failures of the transfer system, and you are spot on. You recognize this, many don't.

To err is human, and since humans are involved in the programming and operation of these money transfers, it shouldn't come as a surprise there will be errors along the way. If you're a smart human, you do what you can to protect yourself from the dumb humans. :default_biggrin:

2 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

To err is human, and since humans are involved in the programming and operation of these money transfers, it shouldn't come as a surprise there will be errors along the way. If you're a smart human, you do what you can to protect yourself from the dumb humans. :default_biggrin:

Some pretty dumb computer bots out there as well mate.

I’ve seen her in a video where she was so muscular it made me think why?

It’s not until seeing her in this video and seeing just how beautiful she was before she started training, that it again makes me think why would any woman want to turn her body into what she has now! 
Still, if she’s happy that’s what counts I suppose. 

• Thumbs Up 1

10 hours ago, Glasseye said:

The one thing that really pisses me off when I see it......civil forfeiture. Basically certain US states the cops have the right to just pull over someone passing through their state, and take all their cash, without arresting them or proving it's drug related. Many poker players and folks who did not trust banks and were ready to buy a car or house have had their lives ruined by this. Heard Tennessee is one of the worst, I think laws are changing but still......totally unjust that this exists. You find dope with the bales of cash.....fine. Otherwise total BS just to pad a department's budget.....and it is so difficult to get the $ back

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

The one thing that really pisses me off when I see it......civil forfeiture. Basically certain US states the cops have the right to just pull over someone passing through their state, and take all their cash, without arresting them or proving it's drug related. Many poker players and folks who did not trust banks and were ready to buy a car or house have had their lives ruined by this. Heard Tennessee is one of the worst, I think laws are changing but still......totally unjust that this exists. You find dope with the bales of cash.....fine. Otherwise total BS just to pad a department's budget.....and it is so difficult to get the $ back

Highlights why you shouldn't engage in conversation with a LEO, nor ever consent to a search unless presented with a search warrant.

• Like 1

On 10/23/2023 at 12:12 AM, Golfingboy said:

This was a setup from the start. The cop is camping in the passing lane, hindering Mr. Lara from safely passing. Then, he pulls him over for driving too slowly and too close to the truck in front of him.

it’s never a good day if you have to talk to a cop. Either something bad happened and the cops come, or the cops come and something bad happens.

• Like 1

A video for those in Thailand who like the freedom of being able to pop into a pharmacy and pick up antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, Azithromycin etc.

In extreme cases C. diff (Clostridium difficile) can kill within 24 hours. C. diff can be contracted by the improper use of antibiotics.

3 hours ago, fygjam said:

A video for those in Thailand who like the freedom of being able to pop into a pharmacy and pick up antibiotics like Ciprofloxacin, Azithromycin etc.

In extreme cases C. diff (Clostridium difficile) can kill within 24 hours. C. diff can be contracted by the improper use of antibiotics.

Once in Thailand I stopped at a fuel station and got myself a hotdog. When I bit into it I realised that the sausage was only just warm,  it had been in one of those rolling sausage heaters, but it was obviously not heating them properly. 
A couple of days later I went down with the shits in a bad way that wouldn’t go away. 
The wife went to the chemist to get me some antibiotics and came back with a mixture of two different ones. It stopped for a while but came back again and again and again, despite have several courses of these antibiotics. 
It got to the stage after a few months of constant off and on runs that the wife took me to San Paulo hospital, along with a sample of liquid poo. 
They tested it and found that I had no good bacteria in my gut at all. 
At first the Doctor suggested that I may have HIV/AIDS and took a blood sample to test in the laboratory that same morning. I knew it wasn’t what he thought, but something caused by that fucking hotdog months ago. 
Blood test came back negative for HIV/AIDS which I knew it would, as I’d not played around for 2 years before I married the wife and we’d been married for 5 years. 
His treatment was to give me some high dose gut good bacteria in capsule form called Lactil Forte, which I took for 2 weeks and it cleared up within the first week and never came back. 
He charged me Baht 900 for tablets and Baht 500 for the blood tests etc. 

I later learned that I could have bought the tablets for Baht 40 at any chemist. 🤬

Today I’m allergic to several antibiotics and they are now listed on my hospital and Gp records for drugs that I can’t have as I have severe reactions to them, but there are several antibiotics that thankfully I can use for infections.  
My fault entirely, as I should have thrown that hotdog into the bin, but I’m a greedy bastard and love hotdogs and still do, despite one nearly killing me.  😟

Edited by KhunDon
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Once in Thailand I stopped at a fuel station and got myself a hotdog. When I bit into it I realised that the sausage was only just warm,  it had been in one of those rolling sausage heaters, but it was obviously not heating them properly. 
A couple of days later I went down with the shits in a bad way that wouldn’t go away. 
The wife went to the chemist to get me some antibiotics and came back with a mixture of two different ones. It stopped for a while but came back again and again and again, despite have several courses of these antibiotics. 
It got to the stage after a few months of constant off and on runs that the wife took me to San Paulo hospital, along with a sample of liquid poo. 
They tested it and found that I had no good bacteria in my gut at all. 
At first the Doctor suggested that I may have HIV/AIDS and took a blood sample to test in the laboratory that same morning. I knew it wasn’t what he thought, but something caused by that fucking hotdog months ago. 
Blood test came back negative for HIV/AIDS which I knew it would, as I’d not played around for 2 years before I married the wife and we’d been married for 5 years. 
His treatment was to give me some high dose gut good bacteria in capsule form called Lactil Forte, which I took for 2 weeks and it cleared up within the first week and never came back. 
He charged me Baht 900 for tablets and Baht 500 for the blood tests etc. 

I later learned that I could have bought the tablets for Baht 40 at any chemist. 🤬

Today I’m allergic to several antibiotics and they are now listed on my hospital and Gp records for drugs that I can’t have as I have severe reactions to them, but there are several antibiotics that thankfully I can use for infections.  
My fault entirely, as I should have thrown that hotdog into the bin, but I’m a greedy bastard and love hotdogs and still do, despite one nearly killing me.  😟

Yogurt, yogurt, yogurt.

It's a wonderful thing.

1 minute ago, KhunDon said:

I tried that, as like you, the wife swears by it, but unfortunately I’d gone beyond the point where yogurt would do any good. 😩

Yes, understand.

But if consumed on a regular basis can keep a standard one day case of the shits from turning into a gut decaying disease.

• Like 1

Just now, Glasseye said:

Yes, understand.

But if consumed on a regular basis can keep a standard one day case of the shits from turning into a gut decaying disease.

Yes I eat Greek yogurt daily and if I’m a good boy the wife allows me a teaspoon of honey in it. 😇
Shouldn’t really, being a diabetic. 🤫