Introduce yourself to the Forum

On 8/30/2023 at 9:06 AM, SirThawkz said:

Hi All, just joined the forum. I'm planning my first trip to Thailand next year from the UK.  

On 9/1/2023 at 3:45 PM, Roel said:

Hi i am Roel. planning to visit Thailand in Februari. Nice to meet you all

Welcome to the forum .

feel free to ask any questions, we'll do our best to help.

• 2 weeks later...

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (raised in Pensacola Beach, Florida). I was up and down from Bangkok where my Singaporean husband is working in the MJ biz in Bangkok and Pattaya. I love our friend, Luke’s music venue in Pattaya, JUJU, and had so much fun there the last two weekends- plus I enjoy agogos (I seem to be the only American white wife in any place) and look forward to seeing the evolution of Luke’s latest agogo near JUJU called Minx (things are being tweaked still.) 

• Like 1

Hi, everyone....nice to connect and share . . . 

Dated a few thai ladies in my western Country and learn lots of appreciation with great smiles and moments together. I love Thai food, love the history and culture and love the warmth and smiles. I am in an industry/profession that reflects lots of multi-cultural places, Thailand being one of them.

Been to Thailand now three times since late 2022 and did the BKK and PAT thing, loved everything. The street food, the cultural museums and the food markets. Still want to do a beach trip and then a northern trip.

My schedule and life style allows me to travel to Thailand twice a year if I want, so looking forward to learning more. 

So happy to join the Forum, learn from the experts and respectfully fall further in love with the country, the food, the culture and create moments that make me smile when away.

• Like 2

On 9/18/2023 at 9:10 PM, Blakely Bass said:

I live in the San Francisco Bay Area (raised in Pensacola Beach, Florida). I was up and down from Bangkok where my Singaporean husband is working in the MJ biz in Bangkok and Pattaya. I love our friend, Luke’s music venue in Pattaya, JUJU, and had so much fun there the last two weekends- plus I enjoy agogos (I seem to be the only American white wife in any place) and look forward to seeing the evolution of Luke’s latest agogo near JUJU called Minx (things are being tweaked still.) 

11 hours ago, Gman11 said:

Dated a few thai ladies in my western Country and learn lots of appreciation with great smiles and moments together. I love Thai food, love the history and culture and love the warmth and smiles. I am in an industry/profession that reflects lots of multi-cultural places, Thailand being one of them.

Been to Thailand now three times since late 2022 and did the BKK and PAT thing, loved everything. The street food, the cultural museums and the food markets. Still want to do a beach trip and then a northern trip.

My schedule and life style allows me to travel to Thailand twice a year if I want, so looking forward to learning more. 

So happy to join the Forum, learn from the experts and respectfully fall further in love with the country, the food, the culture and create moments that make me smile when away.

10 hours ago, pilotoftruth said:

Hello, in country today for first time. Flight to BKK. Was just told I should be on this site. 

Welcome and enjoy. 

• Like 2

On 9/18/2023 at 8:10 PM, Blakely Bass said:

Hi, Welcome to T247. Why not post a few pics or some info on Minx and JUJU to get the ball rolling in the "general chat" area of the forum? 🙂  We'd be interested to hear your thoughts and experiences.We're always interested to read about new venues and places to check out.

On 9/20/2023 at 11:38 PM, Gman11 said:

Hi, Welcome to the forum

There's a wealth of info here, and any questions just ask away, if it's about healthcare, Visas, settling long term or even a decent Restaurant / Venue suggestion. Ask away, we don't bite 🙂

On 9/21/2023 at 12:02 AM, pilotoftruth said:

Hello, in country today for first time. Flight to BKK. Was just told I should be on this site. 

Hi, Welcome to T247

Ask any questions you might have, we'll do our best to answer. Even if they seem daft or simple to you, it might save you a load of legwork or problems further down the road.

On 9/23/2023 at 9:07 PM, Roadtravelled said:

Hi one and all, Roadtravelled here in lovely Canada. Not so lovely as say Thailand but its home. Hoping to visit in the near(ish) future so I'm here to familiarize myself with everything that goes on over there.

Hi, Welcome to the forum. Plenty of info in here, and a few of your fellow Countrymen as well. Ask any questions you might feel unsure of and we'll do our best to help out. Maybe share with us any of your plans when you get there and where about you want to visit.

I have become complacent about reading this thread. My bad. Welcome to all of the FNGs (NG stands for new guy). I am still a bit of an FNG myself having joined 24x7 less than 2 years ago.

I noticed that there are several longer term ex-pats joining the board. I am very much looking forward to reading about your insights and experiences. I also very much welcome the others with various levels of experiencing Thailand.

I have been an ex-pat for 7 years now (a babe in the woods compared to some others).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

@tommy dee

It looks like @Golfingboy has a problem with his login.

i replied to him in an email that he hasnt replied to yet. using the email he used to join this time.

once he replied I can change his PW and email it to him.  he also DIDNT say he was Golfing Boy but Gb and to be honest it didnt click

thanks for the heads up

• Like 1