Introduce yourself to the Forum

48 minutes ago, Travelling LPB said:

Hi folk, my girlfriend & I are travelling to Thailand for 2 months Aug-Sept 2023 - yes we will pop out to Laos or Cambodia for visa requirements. We have both been to Thailand several times & are planning this time to rent an apartment for 2-3 weeks during our stay. We're looking for village life with shops etc and of course a bar or 2. We've been to Phuket, Kancharaburi, Koh Mak, Kood, Chang mai, Hui Hin & Koh Samui.

Any ideas of a nice place bearing in mind we are in the shoulder season.

Welcome and enjoy.

On 6/20/2023 at 11:23 AM, Art said:

I have been living off and on in Thailand for almost twenty years. Currently and for the last five years, I have lived permanently in Thailand. About twenty two years ago I helped set up a foundation for an orphanage in Chiang Rai for a major software company in the United States. I was a financial analyst for this company. I am happy to say that this orphanage is thriving and has helped and supported hundreds of parent-less children.

Welcome Art, glad to hear to hear you are supporting orphans in Chaing Rai, well done. 🏆 My wife and I are regular supporters of an orphanage in Pranburi, which, a couple of yours ago, built another, much larger orphanage there, as it was bursting at the seams and is now able to accommodate over twice as many orphans as before. 
Welcome to the forum. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, ugly handsome said:

How do i get on to trip reports and adv reports, cant see any of such

They're mostly on VIP, the highest level.

As in most forums, i assume you'd need to post for a while, people kinda get to know you or your online persona a bit, then you'd get nominated to get bumped up.

Good luck!

Hi There, I am an Australian, and a Thailand part timer spending about 8 weeks a year here. My intention is to retire in 3 years to a small village in the Bua Yai district with my Thai girlfriend.

Looking forward to meeting some open minded people here for information, fun and maybe more.

Cheers, 

Bernie

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Bernie Num Nums said:

Hi There, I am an Australian, and a Thailand part timer spending about 8 weeks a year here. My intention is to retire in 3 years to a small village in the Bua Yai district with my Thai girlfriend.

Looking forward to meeting some open minded people here for information, fun and maybe more.

Cheers, 

Bernie

Welcome and enjoy!

On 7/18/2023 at 1:29 AM, Bernie Num Nums said:

Cheers, 

Bernie

Welcome to the forum Bernie, enjoy what the forum has to offer. 😀

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...