how to book a SHA Plus hotel ?

Sea-Hawks

16 minutes ago, AJSP said:

The day 5 test is a self test, then upload results to morchana app. Hotels shouldn’t be offering day 5 quarantine stay 

That may be true and up until today when I saw this, I thought the same thing, you self test and whether you bother to provide the results....Up 2 U.

But, then this is directly on the "Thai Pass" website

thumbnail_IMG_5839.jpg

Edited by Sea-Hawks

8 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

That may be true and up until today when I saw this, I thought the same thing, you self test and whether you bother to provide the results....Up 2 U.

But, then this is directly on the "Thai Pass" website

thumbnail_IMG_5839.jpg

It should all be included, from 1st March

Wwe stayed at Siam Mandarina in December and will again in a few weeks time.

Are you definitely on the correct Thailand Pass website ?

• Like 1

Some great information there for those who are willing to attempt a trip. 👍

Good luck @Sea-Hawks, hope you get things worked out. Was looking forward to a visit after my redundancy but it just seems way too much hassle for a month. Especially if you end up catching it on the plane etc. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Finally, found a hotel.  

with the close to booked hotel:

I asked 5 questions and kept only getting 1 question answered per email reply, but finally got all 5 requirements covered

B34C1795-B4D9-4FA9-9305-715A00468EFB.jpeg

…now waiting on the invoice and payment instructions.  

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, galenkia said:

Some great information there for those who are willing to attempt a trip. 👍

Good luck @Sea-Hawks, hope you get things worked out. Was looking forward to a visit after my redundancy but it just seems way too much hassle for a month. Especially if you end up catching it on the plane etc. 

I can honestly say I felt that way back in December but it’s actually quite simple just a bit of a faff. 

for the Thai Pass all you need is your NHS TRAVEL VACCINE certs plus your hotel booking which is the SHA + extra, plus your flight details.

book a covid text 72 hours prior to departure 

stay first night in SHA HOTEL in thailand

pretty much free to go after ( the lateral flow test on day 5 perhaps Namps can confirm).

no need for a pcr prior to return to uk

no need for pcr when back in uk

possible passenger locator form prior to leaving BKK but UK Govt looking to scrap at easter

although a list it really isn’t that bad and appears to be getting easier 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

The solution is easy - wait until April.  If they have not yet realised by then, that many tourists hate all that khrapp and will not travel to Thailand until it is removed, then wait until May.  Repeat as necessary. Eventually they will realise and change it.  Below is the guy who waited for Thailand leaders to admit they got it wrong and made a huge mistake.

See the source image

• Haha 6

7 hours ago, bob lt said:

Please update with your experience, I and others will be following in your footsteps.  

...if I knew the ridiculousness and the hassle with hotels and trying to communicate with Thai hotel secretaries, I probably wouldn't have even considered this trip at this time.  I've already gone too far, so no point in turning back now.

Got the hotel booked, waiting on the invoice and payment information from my hotel to charge the "Test & Go" portion (this was after spending about 90 minutes back in forth to make sure the letter I receive from them has all the key highlighted points that are required based on the "Thai Pass" website)

After payment: then will wait again for them to send me the letter

...I haven't even got to the application part of the  - Thai Pass System

btw, I went through about 50 hotels prior to getting this one booked.  Also sorts of reasons, I could not book with the previous hotels I tried:

- no website

- no reply

- missing requirements

- not offering certain requirements

- saying that shuttle service is based on availability on that given day

- website not working

- room unavailable

- etc....

Started this portion of my booking after buying the insurance.  I believed I started the hotel portion about 3pm and now is midnight, and just waiting for the hotel to send me the invoice and payment instructions.

Edited by Sea-Hawks
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Sad 2

29 minutes ago, Sea-Hawks said:

...if I knew the ridiculousness and the hassle with hotels and trying to communicate with Thai hotel secretaries, I probably wouldn't have even considered this trip at this time.  I've already gone too far, so no point in turning back now.

I agree with you - having come so far, you should not throw it all away now.   As someone said a long time ago - 'Whenever you find yourself going through Hell - Do Not Stop - Keep Going'.  Someone else said you have to go through Hell to really appreciate Heaven.  They are right I reckon - when you have done the Thailand Pass and have arrived in Thailand - it will be a bit extra special.  Like that hot cup of tea/coffee after a motorbike ride when caught in a freezing downpour 🙂

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Ok, just got the invoice for the “Test and Go” package from the hotel.  

I paid using their link and it worked on the first try, lol.  

Now, wait on the letter.  

Then get onto - Thai Pass for the application process

• Like 1

Once I'd paid the letter was with me when I woke up the next day. 

But I realised that any communication with the hotel was instant until about midday UK time (6pm thai time), but after that I had to wait for the reservations lady to return to work the next day. 

• Like 5

36 minutes ago, Painter said:

Once I'd paid the letter was with me when I woke up the next day. 

But I realised that any communication with the hotel was instant until about midday UK time (6pm thai time), but after that I had to wait for the reservations lady to return to work the next day. 

I got my letter 🙂

...it arrived in my in-box in less than an hour

too tired to work on the Thai pass as it's almost 2am, will deal with that tomorrow

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/8/2022 at 7:24 PM, nampla69 said:

I did as a young man recommended it to me ..... smooth as a Tahitian Queen's dancers ass .... LK Emerald lovely gaffe Todd.

I, too, followed Khun @Painter's recommendation, and booked with LK Emerald. They have been super efficient. As a result, I got my Thai Pass within 2 hours of submitting the application.

E-mail: [email protected]

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

I, too, followed Khun @Painter's recommendation, and booked with LK Emerald. They have been super efficient. As a result, I got my Thai Pass within 2 hours of submitting the application.

E-mail: [email protected]

I loved it there. Beautiful views and easy to get everywhere.

Hospital super efficient ........ I still owe young Painter a small pink gin and slimline tonic.