Maps - Old School & Digital

lazarus

• 2 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

That only shows a majority/minority distribution, not percentages per country. And with only about 3% manual in the USA (from memory, I may be a bit off), that is rather extreme there.

NB: The location of Aotearoa is at the very least questionable, not what I would expect in a topic about maps.

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, Freee!! said:

That only shows a majority/minority distribution, not percentages per country. And with only about 3% manual in the USA (from memory, I may be a bit off), that is rather extreme there.

NB: The location of Aotearoa is at the very least questionable, not what I would expect in a topic about maps.

I suspect New Zealand is sometimes shown in the wrong location as a way to show it on a map when it might otherwise not fit. Much like Alaska and Hawaii are often times shown in the wrong location.

image.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

24 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

This one appeared in my feed on FB, and it's interesting but I find it a bit hard to believe... like the French on 36%, and the Italians on just 47%?

Without knowing the statistical methodology it has to be taken with a large 'grain of salt.'

In over a hundred years, the percentage of fluent Scottish Gaelic speakers has declined dramatically, as English has become more influential, and today only the regions of the Hebrides or " Western Isles " appear to have a greater concentration of fluent native speakers .

White = 0 - 25%
Yellow = 25% - 50%
Orange = 50% - 75%
Red = 75% - 100%

https://decolonialatlas.wordpress.com

. . .

417399578_359656410306937_2995303597364282129_n.jpg

• Like 1