Wheels Up.........how many days till ?

Binlid

12 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Still running from suv to pattaya ?

Still bookable on the website so it appears so, but if you try to add a drop-off it won't let you for these two days only (when I checked).

11 hours ago, Stillearly said:

How are you getting to Patts ... most taxi companies will not be running that day ? 

I did the journey once ( pre internet ) and it took two hours to get to Patts , then another three to get to my hotel ( Diana Inn ) 

Bugger didn't think about that 

4 minutes ago, Nickrock said:

Bugger didn't think about that 

When I lived there I remember the last day (19th), there was a procession with the monks along the second road, that was in the afternoon. I was in the Waterfall Bar (I think) and once the procession had passed, the whole place quietened down, in fact it felt a bit like everybody had just gone home. Most were drunk, wet and seemed ready for bed, the streets were really empty. 

If you are arriving in the afternoon, it is possible that Pattaya may have stopped the madness.

Of course, this was when I was living there and the idiots that now come into town may be keeping all the small side streets and beach road as wet as a river and therefore continue the traffic chaos. .

I would probably just stay the night in Bangkok and come down on the 20th at earliest.

Just noticed the procession starts at 1200 from Wat Chai Mong Khon and returns to the temple at 1600.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Horizondave said:

When I lived there I remember the last day (19th), there was a procession with the monks along the second road, that was in the afternoon. I was in the Waterfall Bar (I think) and once the procession had passed, the whole place quietened down, in fact it felt a bit like everybody had just gone home. Most were drunk, wet and seemed ready for bed, the streets were really empty. 

If you are arriving in the afternoon, it is possible that Pattaya may have stopped the madness.

Of course, this was when I was living there and the idiots that now come into town may be keeping all the small side streets and beach road as wet as a river and therefore continue the traffic chaos. .

I would probably just stay the night in Bangkok and come down on the 20th at earliest.

Just noticed the procession starts at 1200 from Wat Chai Mong Khon and returns to the temple at 1600.

Thanks for that buddy staying in soi lenkee first few nights so might get there from 3rd rd

• Thumbs Up 1