Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

19 hours ago, Bazle said:

I consider those curb stones potentially lethal. 

You stand on one to cross the road, go to take off, and lose your balance because there is not a 90° edge but a 135° one. 

It also means it is more difficult to walk on the raised tarmac of the new road with a single stride from the pavement. 

It wouldn't take much for someone to attempt to dash out in front of a speeding vehicle only to get hit by it as they had lost their balance. 

Something I noticed on this morning's walk is while the new curb going in is the steeply angled type...
PB220005.jpg

They're for some reason leaving in place the old curb to the north. Or it could be they're waiting until they deconstruct that section of the footpath.
PB220008.jpg

They're also painting lane markings this morning.
PB220011.jpg

And the section from the WS entrance to 2nd Rd is getting dug up, again.
PB220013.jpg

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

It was two years ago that construction of big sewer lines began on soi 15 and second road.   That reduced second road to one lane along parts of it.   Then after they finished that (after nearly two years) they began digging on the other side to bury cables.   

They knew that at 3pm on Friday second road would turn into a two way street during the Fireworks festival main time.  So the deadline inspired them to act.

Today is the first day in two years that second road is two lane construction free along the whole length.

That is something to celebrate (as long as it lasts before the next project).

• Like 5

On 11/24/2023 at 12:45 AM, johnpat said:

They knew that at 3pm on Friday second road would turn into a two way street during the Fireworks festival main time.  So the deadline inspired them to act.

And I crossed Second Road from New Plaza to Soi 8 last night about 9 and it was one way only.  Was it just a threat or did they change it back earlier than planned?

28 minutes ago, KWA said:

And I crossed Second Road from New Plaza to Soi 8 last night about 9 and it was one way only.  Was it just a threat or did they change it back earlier than planned?

I did a loop of New Plaza on my motorbike last night about the same time. Now that you mention it, they did have it one way again. That might explain why I noticed better traffic flow last night on 3rd Rd and Buakhao.

The grid lock the night before was probably a cluster fck of their own making as I can imagine the chaos they created at both ends of 2nd Rd when they made it two way.

Wonder if the light bulb will ever go on in the space between their ears and provide satellite parking with free shuttle bus service to Beach Rd.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/26/2023 at 3:47 PM, forcebwithu said:

Wonder if the light bulb will ever go on in the space between their ears and provide satellite parking with free shuttle bus service to Beach Rd.

I can see the baht bus cooperative exerting considerable pressure to discourage this, irrespective of how sensible an idea it may be, even one that might make them some money.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chang_Paarp said:

I can see the baht bus cooperative exerting considerable pressure to discourage this, irrespective of how sensible an idea it may be, even one that might make them some money.

If they used the baht bus fleet to ferry people from/to the satellite parking, and compensates the drivers for their service, then a win win for everyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Pictures of the redo work after the bad publicity of the last couple of days. Wonder why they didn't plan and construct the conduits to come out on the beach side of the footpath.

One of the things that makes it interesting to live here. There's never a shortage of stupid things to take pictures of and comment on.

PC170001.jpg

PC170002.jpg

PC170004.jpg

PC170005.jpg

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2