What Websites Do You Use Nowadays For Flights?

roomark

33 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Used Cathay Pacific direct to get here a month ago.....it had been about 4 years since getting to Thailand. They had the best price.....but.....here is a question for you all. I noticed an "unbelievable" fair when looking right? 

Since when did airlines ( maybe just Cathay) start offering fares based on if you have 1 piece of checked in luggage, this is the price, if you have 2 pieces of checked in luggage this is the price? ☹️

I assume it's to do with extra weight ??

But they do not address the more obvious problem, a 45kg Thai bird paying the same as a 200kg fat bastard  !!!!

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

On 11/17/2022 at 7:36 AM, forcebwithu said:

I use Google Flights and then book directly with the airline. Google has a pretty good price graph that let's me see how the price varies on different departure and return dates.

image.png

Thats what i've just done now. Google came up with the priced flights and i booked with Jetstar. One way - i like flexibility.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Used Cathay Pacific direct to get here a month ago.....it had been about 4 years since getting to Thailand. They had the best price.....but.....here is a question for you all. I noticed an "unbelievable" fair when looking right? 

Since when did airlines ( maybe just Cathay) start offering fares based on if you have 1 piece of checked in luggage, this is the price, if you have 2 pieces of checked in luggage this is the price? ☹️

That's normal for most airlines that I have used for years if you are flying economy, although EVA now allow 2. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Since when did airlines ( maybe just Cathay) start offering fares based on if you have 1 piece of checked in luggage, this is the price, if you have 2 pieces of checked in luggage this is the price?

Some even have no hold luggage included in their cheapest fares.

• Thumbs Up 1

The distinction between budget and traditional carriers is becoming blurred. This is both on pricing and services.

I could bore you with history on gates and slots. But won't.

My thought is that for long haul look for traditional/legacy carriers which offer meals and a bit more legroom. For short haul go for budget and you can choose the best timing and even use different carriers for the inbound and outbound flights at little price difference.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, bob lt said:

Must be Nov 25 in Taiwan already,  just found LHR BKK return several dates departing September 2023 for £627.

I found one for May at 800 but my TSB Mastercard OTPs are still not working. I'll visit some local Travel Agents over the weekend...

And, of course, I have asked TSB for compensation for missing out on the deal...(70 quid ...)

11 hours ago, bob lt said:

Must be Nov 25 in Taiwan already,  just found LHR BKK return several dates departing September 2023 for £627.

Lucky I didn't book immediately.  2 hours later i.e. 01.00 UK time:

Just booked LHR BKK return, September 4th next year for 2 months, £586. £95 cheaper than my March trip.

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/18/2022 at 7:16 PM, Phantom51red said:

My flight tonight with klm.Stuff over there and plenty crammed into backpack ,can't remember last time I took hold luggage,cheapest fare but still double compared to pre covid as ye probknow.

Seems like a good idea on Qantas...

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11502657/Qantas-passengers-refuse-check-luggage-disturbing-video-Swissport-baggage-handlers.html#v-402894579615380427

• Thumbs Up 2

• 2 months later...