Where I won't be, on 1st July............

Painter

2 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'm lost. Where are people not going on July 1st?

Agree Secrets and the forum were Siamese twins. Who'd have left WS to go there without the forum.

But where's the latest I film you, you film me and we all report on the same non-event happening 🙂

le pub

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Trip said:

I saw on another forum a post by the farmer guy who ran across the financial whiz on one of those retirement forums, FIRE, or something like that. It was sad, said the financial whiz ironically got mandatory retired from the firm he worked for because of some medical condition. Ironic in different ways as the financial guy worked for a medical supply outfit. Ironic too in that after all that retirement advice, he never got to retire on his own terms really himself which was an overarching theme of his Secrets threads.

I’m confused….who is who? I don’t remember the farmer, and the retirement calculator was an accountant in Chicago

Just now, Golfingboy said:

I’m confused….who is who? I don’t remember the farmer, and the retirement calculator was an accountant in Chicago

Farmer guy had a long thread about his activities all around Thailand but mostly Isaan. I ran into a mini version of it a year or so ago on PT.

He told me Financial whiz who he met in Secrets was actually a medical supply salesman from Chicago whose hobby was money stuff, Monte Carlos whatever that is etc.

Sorry for the TFs but just sitting here reminiscing.

• Thumbs Up 1

13 minutes ago, Trip said:

Farmer guy had a long thread about his activities all around Thailand but mostly Isaan. I ran into a mini version of it a year or so ago on PT.

He told me Financial whiz who he met in Secrets was actually a medical supply salesman from Chicago whose hobby was money stuff, Monte Carlos whatever that is etc.

OK I don’t remember the farmer guy. Other poster came across as a nice guy, and you can never be too careful……but I was always thinking “ make your move already” ! 

No need to worry where exchange rates or lady drink prices will be in 2040 if you’re 6 feet under

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Trip said:

The guy from Chicago was Eye-Nitnoy or something like that....

Who could never afford to retire because he spent money like a drunken sailor when in Pattaya...The girls loved his bottomless pockets... 

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Pumpuynarak said:

VPI78 from memory. I think thats who you are referring to. He had a farm in Loei in Thailand and a farm in Texas.

But i could be wrong lol

Yeah, that's the guy. Irony of ironies I first met him at le pub. We ended up in a conversation with a 3rd guy there who also went to the same place we went to university in Texas. It can be a small world.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Trip said:

The farm guy was VPI78 Tom and Eyenitnoy was not an accountant but in the Medical field and both guys were top guys

• Thumbs Up 1

18 minutes ago, fforest said:

Who could never afford to retire because he spent money like a drunken sailor when in Pattaya...The girls loved his bottomless pockets... 

Yeah that's the guy. Supposedly the nickname means something like a little bit shy.

That pimp palace he refurbished for what he claimed was over 1.5 million Baht in one of the crappiest condo developments in Pattaya, Fybird or similar, is evidence to that.

1 minute ago, Yesitisdakid said:

The farm guy was VPI78 Tom and Eyenitnoy was not an accountant but in the Medical field and both guys were top guys

The VPI guy has high regards for you. He keeps inviting me to the farm. I might take him upon the offer this trip.

2 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

VPI78 from memory. I think thats who you are referring to. He had a farm in Loei in Thailand and a farm in Texas.

But i could be wrong lol

But you're not!

correct2.png

I could only remember the VIP, overcame the Alzheimer's but the dyslexia got in the way.

Edited by fygjam
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Trip said:

Yeah that's the guy. Supposedly the nickname means something like a little bit shy.

That pimp palace he refurbished for what he claimed was over 1.5 million Baht in one of the crappiest condo developments in Pattaya, Fybird or similar, is evidence to that.

His condo looked very nice on the inside.....But what's the point if it's in one of the worst condo blocks in Pattaya......

Heck cutting out the lobster dinners and stops at the gold shop for the GoGo girls would have paid for a good condo in no time.....

39 minutes ago, fforest said:

His condo looked very nice on the inside.....But what's the point if it's in one of the worst condo blocks in Pattaya......

Heck cutting out the lobster dinners and stops at the gold shop for the GoGo girls would have paid for a good condo in no time.....

My favorite of his quirks was the portraits he had commissioned/painted of BGs he BFined and then hung in a flat, the portraits that is, that he rented year around to store his junk at Rose House.

Never met him IRL so no cause to doubt yesitsdakid's take that eyenitnoy was a good guy but he was a strange one.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Trip said:

The VPI guy has high regards for you. He keeps inviting me to the farm. I might take him upon the offer this trip.

Thomas a great guy and his wife lucky as well really nice people I spent a few days up there at the farm had a great time he's got a great place up there a lot of what he Farms he donates to the orphanage but you won't hear him talking about it cuz that's the kind of guy he is

• Thumbs Up 3

6 hours ago, fforest said:

Some of his posts were eye wateringly funny

6 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

It never ceased to amaze me how you managed to remember every individuals board name when you met them.

I have a memory for names like a sieve. It was fortunate I met so many Thai girls all named "Sweetie".

Edited by Jambo
piss poor spelin
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Jambo said:

It never ceased to amaze me how you managed to remember every individuals board name when you met them.

I have a memory for names like a sieve. It was fortunate I met so many Thai girls all named "Sweetie".

I think being a nondrinker helped

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

And still was early 2000’s and 200b barfine.

Cheapskate. 😄

My first night and barfine in Pattaya was in 2002 from the FLB bar.

As a newbie I asked the Manager how much I should pay the girl and was told

"She will be really happy if you give her 1,500 baht and 100 baht for a taxi in the morning."

So I became willing president of the "Lame Dupe Over Payers Club" and very popular with all the girls that followed. 🤣

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Cheapskate. 😄

"She will be really happy if you give her 1,500 baht and 100 baht for a taxi in the morning."

So I became willing president of the "Lame Dupe Over Payers Club" and very popular with all the girls that followed. 🤣

Gabor would have a stroke if he read that.

😀

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Jambo said:

Cheapskate. 😄

7 minutes ago, galenkia said:

😀

Now we finally have the name of the guy that spoilt it for the rest of us! :default_fun:

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

:default_527:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

19 hours ago, Trip said:

and he installed a ''Chrome Pole'' in the living room, what for i don't know 🤣

On 6/28/2023 at 7:37 AM, Golfingboy said:

OK I don’t remember the farmer guy. Other poster came across as a nice guy, and you can never be too careful……but I was always thinking “ make your move already” ! 

No need to worry where exchange rates or lady drink prices will be in 2040 if you’re 6 feet under

I used to love his posts. Had a couple of really cool dogs. Always had some funny stories about them along with some great pics.

I was always amazed at the amount of work he put into that land and his home. My eyes begin to roll back into my head even at the contemplation of such things.

11 hours ago, galenkia said:

thank-you-smiley-animated-thankyousign.gif   That's a pleasant thought!

On 6/27/2023 at 11:27 PM, Yesitisdakid said:

Eyenitnoy was not an accountant but in the Medical field ...

I met Eyenitnoy several times over the years.  He was indeed a nice guy, maybe too nice for Pattaya.  I cautioned him about revealing too much about his retirement plans and investment strategies as well as his relations with girls on the boards, but he didn't think any harm would come of it. 

Events proved him wrong.  He stopped posting when someone figured out which company he worked for and sent them copies of a selection of Eye's posts on Secrets.  According to what VP178 has posted elsewhere, Eyenitnoy still posts on forums devoted retirement planning.

I  always felt he was seriously overthinking the retirement scenario and he had lost sight of the forest for the trees.  He got too wound up in the minutiae of investing and forgot the goal was to provide a big enough income to live comfortably.  He had plenty enough money to stop working and move to Pattaya, but I'm not sure that's what he really wanted.

Evil

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1