What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

54 minutes ago, john luke said:

Looking out of the window to see light snow.  North Americans and Canadians would not regard it as real snow.

Snow is snow and nobody wants to see it in April, John. The photo I recently posted looking out of my back door after our last dump is a result of very light snow falling for almost 24 hrs, it just gradually accumulates if it is too cold for it to melt. Coastal regions with their much higher humidity and temperatures will get your classic heavy snowfalls with huge flakes and enormous short-term accumulations, but it generally doesn't last long on the ground as the temperatures moderate again. At our latitude it accumulates for over five months, save for the occasional freak thaw of which we have only had one event this year, and is why we now have record amounts of snow on the ground where I live, over 300% of normal. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Did some gardening & after it I was rather thirsty so took a walk up to the village to see if I could get a pint outide any of our pubs.

Before I could my mate drew up alongside me and the upshot is that he's picking me up at 5pm & we're going for a pint just down the road.

Result😋

• Thumbs Up 3

21 hours ago, john luke said:

Looking out of the window to see light snow.  North Americans and Canadians would not regard it as real snow.

Got to work about 5.50am this morning and about 10 minutes later it started snowing. By 6.30am it was hammering down with it. Even started to settle, but by 10.00am it was bright sunshine and no snow to be seen. Nothing about snow on the BBC forecast. 

Bizarre weather today. 

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Did some gardening & after it I was rather thirsty so took a walk up to the village to see if I could get a pint outide any of our pubs.

Before I could my mate drew up alongside me and the upshot is that he's picking me up at 5pm & we're going for a pint just down the road.

Result😋

And me with a lovely pint of Hunters Ale

d7525a70-3734-45d9-996f-39a074c30be1.jpg

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

You might be aching a bit tomorrow after a year away

I shouldn't be too bad,I've got weights in my garage that I've been using regularly.The good thing with that was I chose my own music,the bad is that there's no eye candy.

I paid a visit to my favourite music store this morning. 

I only intended to have a browse, maybe try out a few guitars etc and have a chat with a mate who works there. 

Instead, I ended buying a new Amp and 400 quid lighter

Just been checking it out

IMG_20210413_152143.jpg

IMG_20210413_152118.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

11 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I paid a visit to my favourite music store this morning. 

I only intended to have a browse, maybe try out a few guitars etc and have a chat with a mate who works there. 

Instead, I ended buying a new Amp and 400 quid lighter

Just been checking it out

IMG_20210413_152143.jpg

IMG_20210413_152118.jpg

Nice !,ye gotta be a strat man then ? 

Wondering when the hell im gonna get my hard drive back,spent 2 weeks on samui,KPN,Kho tao, left hard drive in hotel kho tao the last island,the nice reception girl posted it few days ago,but with no post for a few days due to holidays,feck knows when even if it will arrive ,nightmare, all drone stuff from islands,movies,photos,music over the years ect ect...42 bht it cost her to post as showed on reciept,transferred 200bht for he troubles postin it,sounds like slow mail,shoulda told my girl to tell her quick as f**k post,money no worry.

38 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Yep, Strats/tele and PRS

OOhh to have a proper strat again ! sold all my guitars apart from takamine accoustic,£700 for the strat,kinda gave up on playing music for years,then lockkdown happened last year,stuck in uk,entertained fb friends,bought a cheap squire and amp,learned a heap o songs,was great for a few months,hanging up on the wall now,distant memories.

Feck sake only really wanted to learn comfortably numb then id die happy ! 

ps hotel califonia solo is missing cos don henley is a wanker,ACDZ shook me is missing aswell,warner chappel assholes copywright shite.

Edited by Phantom51red

7 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Wondering when the hell im gonna get my hard drive back,spent 2 weeks on samui,KPN,Kho tao, left hard drive in hotel kho tao the last island,the nice reception girl posted it few days ago,but with no post for a few days due to holidays,feck knows when even if it will arrive ,nightmare, all drone stuff from islands,movies,photos,music over the years ect ect...42 bht it cost her to post as showed on reciept,transferred 200bht for he troubles postin it,sounds like slow mail,shoulda told my girl to tell her quick as f**k post,money no worry.

Fingers crossed for you on the hard drive. I had a phone stolen in HCMC and lost approx 2,500 photos, that will teach me to back up more regularly.

Just now, bob lt said:

Fingers crossed for you on the hard drive. I had a phone stolen in HCMC and lost approx 2,500 photos, that will teach me to back up more regularly.

Thanks,i transferred from my pc to quickly to drive,tho ive just found kpn and kho tao files on laptop,,but shit id pay 10,000 bht to have that hard drive right now,its all the other stuff invaluable memories ect,nightmare about phone,know how ye feel,left my phone in a taxi once,bkk to pattaya,gone,cheers bob.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

OOhh to have a proper strat again ! sold all my guitars apart from takamine accoustic,£700 for the strat,kinda gave up on playing music for years,then lockkdown happened last year,stuck in uk,entertained fb friends,bought a cheap squire and amp,learned a heap o songs,was great for a few months,hanging up on the wall now,distant memories.

Feck sake only really wanted to learn comfortably numb then id die happy ! 

ps hotel califonia solo is missing cos don henley is a wanker,ACDZ shook me is missing aswell,warner chappel assholes copywright shite.

Squiers are perfectly decent to practice with. With a bit of DIY like smoothing the sharp fret ends and a good set up, they play and sound OK with a decent amp. Of course they are mass produced in China but made under licence to Fender so there is a fair bit of quality control. Just cheaper electrics and wood. 

It's a fact that more than 75 of guitars in the world are never played and sit in lofts, garages, bedrooms all over the world and not being played. Mostly lower end guitars both electric and acoustic. Loads on the second hand market, more so than new guitars. 

Always good to keep at least one, to go back to when the time is right. Practice makes perfect. I play in a band yet I am still very lazy about practicing but I have to keep my finger corns as hard as possible. 

Blisters put a lot of people off, but once you get through that then the finger tips start to toughen up.