What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

3 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Just put the central heating back  on. Bloody freezing today, after a warm day yesterday

I was at a pub yesterday from around 5 to 7pm & it was pretty nippy.

Looking at BBC weather I think it could've been my last visit to a pub for a couple of weeks.

8 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I was at a pub yesterday from around 5 to 7pm & it was pretty nippy.

Looking at BBC weather I think it could've been my last visit to a pub for a couple of weeks.

No fun drinking beer in the cold. I would order a cup. Of hot chocolate 😁

After a couple of weeks of glorious spring weather, it has taken a turn for the worse as a cold front moved in - even in sunny mid-day it is not much more than 4C or so and the wind is biting - but it is forecast to return to double digits in the next day or so after a little unsettled weather so I don't mind...lovely seeing the snow slowly disappearing every day...

Just back from another visit to cha am with the mrs,3rd one in 2 weeks,try to avoid weekends,arrive about 6pm slow easy drive from hua hin on scooter,couple of changs at the beach while the sun goes down,then head over to aroy for some great value food.

After 3 years of visiting aroy this was the very first time we were the only ones in the place,staff said no been customers since 5pm,pre covid sometimes couldnt get a table,lately usually few couples inside eating.

On the drive back to hia hin,counted the cars ect passing us on the road not more than 30 ! the main road to the south,felt like will smith in i am legend at times,enjoyable drive.

• Thumbs Up 3

Just did something rash (which I don't normally do) and bought 2 new iPhone 12 pro max phones for $3800.

My current iPhone 5 has started to not be able to update some apps that I use regularly so I needed to upgrade. Not happy about spending so much money but sometimes these things need to be done. The wife will be pleased as she has wanted a new iPhone for awhile now.

Now need a good win on the punt today to help pay for them.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

Just did something rash (which I don't normally do) and bought 2 new iPhone 12 pro max phones for $3800.

My current iPhone 5 has started to not be able to update some apps that I use regularly so I needed to upgrade. Not happy about spending so much money but sometimes these things need to be done. The wife will be pleased as she has wanted a new iPhone for awhile now.

Now need a good win on the punt today to help pay for them.

It must be a phone day, I splashed out on a cordless phone with answering M/C.

Just been delivered by Amazon and on charge.

Only difference is I dropped two zeros off your price. £38.

IMG_20210430_43778.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 1

Watching the rain come down.

When I returned to the house in Bangsaray for good I had 9 consecutive days without any rain. After the first two days it also coincided with all the Bars being shut.

So, as a project to keep me occupied, I decided to get stuck into painting the outside of the house including all the surrounding walls. That also involved the major reorganisation of the majority of plants in much of the garden. At least most of them are in pots but by no means all.

I cannot believe how much I accomplished in that time but I should have known it was too good to last. The last three days I have been woken by thunder and although it stops, eventually, yesterday it rained mostly the whole of the morning but only lightly.

I start each day really early as soon as it is light and finish by lunchtime by which time I am knackered but that only works if it is dry overnight and throughout the morning.  Very frustrating as I have really enjoyed getting off my ass and covering myself in paint. Some even goes on the walls! 😄

I thought it would take me weeks to complete but weather permitting another week (well 7 days or so?) should see me finish.

ps

If I don't post on the forum for a couple of days I have probably fallen off the ladder!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, boydeste said:

It must be a phone day, I splashed out on a cordless phone with answering M/C.

Just been delivered by Amazon and on charge.

Only difference is I dropped two zeros off your price. £38.

Can I play?

I got the one with the 100db ringer last week. Lights up like a fuking Christmas tree as well and some bird female bellows out the caller ID.

IMG_0001.JPG

Edited by fygjam
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Off to a BBQ with a small group of friends this afternoon. The weatherman says it's going to rain in a few hours.  Better get some grub down the hatch before it becomes stew. Hopefully Someone can show me how to use my C19 test kit that arrived yesterday. I left my reading glasses at my daughter's house and having a problem with instruction manual which is 12 pages and I am not the brightest bulb on the lamp when it comes to following instructions. 

12 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Hopefully Someone can show me how to use my C19 test kit that arrived yesterday. I left my reading glasses at my daughter's house and having a problem with instruction manual which is 12 pages and I am not the brightest bulb on the lamp when it comes to following instructions. 

It's easy.... but I agree, the instructions are way over the top...

Pour the liquid into the "testube"

Shove the cotton bud down your throat, then up your nose. Rotate it several times.

Dunk the cotton bud in the liquid in the test tube. Rinse the cotton bud in the liquid. Squeeze the liquid out of the cotton bud.

Put the lid on the test tube

Put 2 drops of the liquid into the pregnancy test.

Wait 5 minutes

Post result here  on govt website

Maybe we need a seperate "post your test results" thread...

• Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Painter said:

It's easy.... but I agree, the instructions are way over the top...

Pour the liquid into the "testube"

Shove the cotton bud down your throat, then up your nose. Rotate it several times.

Dunk the cotton bud in the liquid in the test tube. Rinse the cotton bud in the liquid. Squeeze the liquid out of the cotton bud.

Put the lid on the test tube

Put 2 drops of the liquid into the pregnancy test.

Wait 5 minutes

Post result here  on govt website

Maybe we need a seperate "post your test results" thread..

Cheers. Hoping I am not pregnant. I missed a period this month 😁

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Off to a BBQ with a small group of friends this afternoon. The weatherman says it's going to rain in a few hours.  Better get some grub down the hatch before it becomes stew. Hopefully Someone can show me how to use my C19 test kit that arrived yesterday. I left my reading glasses at my daughter's house and having a problem with instruction manual which is 12 pages and I am not the brightest bulb on the lamp when it comes to following instructions. 

The instructions online were a bit easier to understand I thought, @Painterpretty much summed it up. I think you have to wait 30 mins for the result and just make sure you wash your hands and don't touch the swab.

• Thumbs Up 1

I slept real late this morning, now sat supping tea waiting for the final of the snooker.

Hopefully both players will turn up with their A game.

It would be great to see Murphy win it, but I fear Selby will have too much in the tank for him.