What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Watching thew carnage unfold re this Super League debacle!

Som num na springs to mind!

Me too, watching "the United stand" on youtube. There's not a lot of love out there...

15 minutes ago, Painter said:

Arguing with the AA. That's the automotive version,  not the alcohol one. They want £283 to renew my 33 year membership with them. A new member can get the same membership for £145....

I think it usually pays to hop between AA RAC and National Breakdown or at least threaten to do so.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Painter said:

Guess what? My renewal is now the same price as a new member!

So many companies seem to do this to entice new customers these days. Mobile phone companies sometimes the worst. Loyalty should also be rewarded. 

Whenever this has happened to me, I have threatened  to close my account and go elsewhere. In every case, they have come back to me with a Cheaper deal. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Somany companies seem to do this to entice new customers these days. Mobile phone companies sometimes the worst. Loyalty should also be rewarded. 

Whenever this has happened to me, I have threatened  to close my account and go elsewhere. In every case, they have come back to me with a Cheaper deal. 

Yup, that's effectively what happened. I threatened to cancel and rejoin.  Thr only benefit I'd lose from cancelling my gold membership level would be key insurance, which I havent needed so far in 40 odd years of having a key... he says, hoping not to tempt fate! The woman on the end of the phone was very sympathetic and obviously very used to getting such calls, and reduced my invoice very quickly and easily.

Been to the dentist for my twice yearly check up and clean. Treated myself to a KFC bucket for 1, then called into the massive Tescos in the City for a big shop. Once again I cleared the shelf of SM zero which is still the only one I really like. This time there were only 9 cases of 4, but they will keep me going for now as I am back drinking alcohol again.

Now home enjoying a few cups of tea whilst catching up with the snooker.

If it stays bright outside I may try for a longer walk later.

• Thumbs Up 1

Gardening/planting is my top priority now, which keeps me busy daily as I plant/grow about #1,000 veggies.  So, in the winter, I was watching a lot of tele and youtube videos, so that’ll stop for now. I also need to put in a new deck and paint the house...it’ll be a busy late spring/summer for me this year. 

• Like 1

My herbs coming through slowly ....planted them from seeds .. no idea what they are yet as I couldn't find a pen to write on the plastic markers .... will find out as they get bigger ...3 out of the 7 still in pots and waiting for them to start showing life ... seeds were  2 types of chilli , 2 types of basil , coriander , chives and mint 

CDB84C5D-C7E8-4180-9BB6-BA5FEC1F1DD6.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

Had a lovely day out on a private lake in a boat pike fishing with a good mate.

I caught 16 pike and the sun, lol.

We had a few beers in the sun on our return, now home and having eaten dinner I am enjoying the snooker whilst drinking a nice Rioja.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

11 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

My herbs coming through slowly ....planted them from seeds .. no idea what they are yet as I couldn't find a pen to write on the plastic markers .... will find out as they get bigger ...3 out of the 7 still in pots and waiting for them to start showing life ... seeds were  2 types of chilli , 2 types of basil , coriander , chives and mint 

CDB84C5D-C7E8-4180-9BB6-BA5FEC1F1DD6.jpeg

My type of gardening! I tell friends I have bought pretty weeds from the garden centre....

• Haha 1