What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Just finished with daughter's before bed online English lesson.  She didn't speak Thai when we moved here when she was six yo.  Now the challenge is to ensure that she doesn't lose her English.  These lessons have helped me intercept and correct some creeping Thai-isms, such as not pronouncing "th" properly or substituting 'w' for 'v'.

• Like 1

Just been for a stroll in our local park, then by the river. 

Cricket match, cygnets, and a packed outdoor pub! What's not to like!

Better days are coming in the UK, and Boris will announce tomorow full speed ahead with the road map and restrictions easing from 17th. 

20210509_141319.jpg

20210509_145837.jpg

20210509_150313.jpg

20210509_152142.jpg

• Like 7

Mowed the lawn, just sat outside listening to the evening birdsong with a very nice glass of Single Malt, which is oddly relaxing.

I live close to a flight path to Stansted, I'm noticing these days that the noise of a Jet is very obvious , whereas pre C-19 it was a matter of fact. I realise now how much it used to drown out the birds. Don't worry, I'm not going all Greta on you all, but as "Ferris Beuller" said "life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once in a while you could miss it".

Still undecided as to have another Gin and Tonic, Single Malt or opt for the Beer.

Just finished a couple of cups of tea and coffee.

Going fishing to my big lake for the first time this year. Hopefully I won't forget something, ( I usually do the first trip ).

Weather looks a bit warmer but wet. Good conditions for a big fish, fingers crossed.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Just finished a couple of cups of tea and coffee.

Going fishing to my big lake for the first time this year. Hopefully I won't forget something, ( I usually do the first trip ).

Weather looks a bit warmer but wet. Good conditions for a big fish, fingers crossed.

Bet you don't forget the fig rolls.

• Haha 3

About an hour ago I heard a loud crashing noise coming from upstairs. Upon investigation, my bathroom medicine cabinet had come away from the wall and crashed to the floor.

There was broken glass and medication all over the f*cking floor. Taken me ages to clear up the debris. I've now got to make a trip to IKEA to find a replacement, which I am dreading, then have to assemble it and drill more holes in the wall. Bollocks and jamrags is all I have to say. That's my punishment for grassing Butch up, I guess

😕😕😕

Just rebooked my flights to Rhodes in August for a day later.  Been monitoring my existing booking as it got changed from Gatwick to Heathrow but the timings were still offering a late outward time with an arrival back at Heathrow of 0200 which is not likely to happen. 

I noticed today BA had put on an extra flight for the day after my outward booking which seemed to be offering a damn good deal so I rebooked for the same 2 week period but just a day later.  With selection of seats and 23K of baggage each the total cost for 2 adults and a child was £498.

I then cancelled my original flights and now have an e voucher for £967, a great saving of about £470.

The new timings now see us arriving in Rhodes at 1530 instead of 2245 and returning at 1850 instead of 0200.

We are well happy.

Of course it could all just go up in a puff of smoke but I am pretty positive we'll get away.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1